Thread: PTR transmog

PTR transmog

I am able to transmog mail as a plate user and leather as a mail user. Bug or intended? I hope it aint bug because i LOVE mogging my helm on a paladin as a coif!
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

same rules as live for mogging, but maybe the level 1-40 mail will be converted to plate in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    same rules as live for mogging, but maybe the level 1-40 mail will be converted to plate in legion.
    As far as I know, the design intent is that you will be able to transmog to items that are or WERE appropriate for your class, and which you have in your wardrobe.

That means that grown-up plate wearers should be able to transmog to L1-39 mail items (or thereabouts), and grown-up mail wearers should be able to transmog to L1-39 leather items. This would include all those potential quest rewards that you didn't take, or that you did take and vendored, et cetera.

Yes it's mail or leather from quests under level 40. Namely the http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17611973561 which i really love combined with plate.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Yes they show in transmog tab.

Another thing that is possible on ptr is to transmog old-pvp rank 14 replica weapons to chars that aren't able to get them on live. There are also lots of items missing that should be there (if what I read about old quest rewards vendored becoming available still stands), and the system seems to be very inconsistent at moment. For example I did the Quel'delar quest chain in wrath on two different characters. On one I picked the sword reward, and on another the 2-handed mace. Only the sword is available in appearance tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Should I buy 2h weapons on my rogue now in view of this change or it will be pointless since I can't eq? (got the req on rogues only :X)
    Well, if this makes it to live you can probably wait until then. The replicas are still available from the vendor in area 52 on the ptr and should still be when the patch goes live.
    But since you can't equip them it probably won't work (unless they make some mistake with the implementation and doesn't bother fixing it, or change their mind regarding restrictions) as they said you need to be able to equip it on the character that gets the item for the appearance to be unlocked for other chars.

For me it was my hunter that met the requirement. Bought the staff and polearm on ptr when testing the new survival spec, then noticed when testing monk later that I now had the staff and polearm appearance available.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    will the legendary cloaks be on the tab with its visual effects?

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    At moment the legendary cloaks are available for transmog on the ptr. Haven't checked if the special visual effect works when it's transmogged though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambiicuz View Post
    Another thing that is possible on ptr is to transmog old-pvp rank 14 replica weapons to chars that aren't able to get them on live. There are also lots of items missing that should be there (if what I read about old quest rewards vendored becoming available still stands), and the system seems to be very inconsistent at moment. For example I did the Quel'delar quest chain in wrath on two different characters. On one I picked the sword reward, and on another the 2-handed mace. Only the sword is available in appearance tab.
    I had one character reach Commander in Vanilla (rank 10 or 11 which gave all the blue armor and mount). Does this imply I would be able to transmog the blue armor on a separate character who did not have that rank (different classes and armor types)? Or is this a weapon-only thing?

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    The visual effects do not trigger, but they are transmoggable. Unless they are absurdly rare or something. Just sat there waiting to confirm this for like, 20 minutes so I'd say that's a clear no unless they made the visual proc much rarer.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    As far as I know, the design intent is that you will be able to transmog to items that are or WERE appropriate for your class, and which you have in your wardrobe.

That means that grown-up plate wearers should be able to transmog to L1-39 mail items (or thereabouts), and grown-up mail wearers should be able to transmog to L1-39 leather items. This would include all those potential quest rewards that you didn't take, or that you did take and vendored, et cetera.
    Last I heard is that they were making duplicate items for mail, leather, so that options weren't removed when changing classes equipment requirements from 40 to 1, from levels 1-40.

Which is pretty much what you said after I read it again... Oh well it was a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by Esandarius View Post
    I had one character reach Commander in Vanilla (rank 10 or 11 which gave all the blue armor and mount). Does this imply I would be able to transmog the blue armor on a separate character who did not have that rank (different classes and armor types)? Or is this a weapon-only thing?
    I don't think it will be possible if it's a different class and armor type as the replica armor sets have class restrictions and I believe you need to be able to equip the item on the character you use to make the purchase for the appearance to become available to your other characters.
    I'm not sure if it works that way at moment though, and I might test this next time I log onto the ptr.