How has the game fared? Players? Raids?

Hey guys, thinking of giving it a go again. Last played at launch, how has the game progressed? Is it healthy?

It's still a fun game, but has really become a single player game with MMO elements. The expansions and the current Knights of the Fallen Empire story are decent and enjoyable IMO. End game is there for those who want to try and take part, but it's a skeleton compared to other MMOs with an end game. There hasn't been a new raid/ operation released in ~2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    There hasn't been a new raid/ operation released in ~2 years.
    And to add, while pretty much all flashpoints got tactical versions, I think Fallen Empire has had only one new flashpoint added.

Think BW has mentioned that they're working on some group content, but don't remember any concrete info.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And to add, while pretty much all flashpoints got tactical versions, I think Fallen Empire has had only one new flashpoint added.

Think BW has mentioned that they're working on some group content, but don't remember any concrete info.
    IIRC they said group content was coming after the story (KotFE) ending. So if the current schedule sticks that should end around August. I don't expect new FP or OPS to come out just as KotFE ended but I do hope that the phrase shortly after is more true than false but there not making me feel it is.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Hey guys, thinking of giving it a go again. Last played at launch, how has the game progressed? Is it healthy?
    I would say it depends on your server, some are much more populated than others and that makes a big difference for your queue times. In terms of the content, the above responses from others covered the topic. Another thing I would say is that I, coming from WoW, I found swtor to feel a bit clunky in terms of combat, especially for pvp, but that's just personal view and not a fact so try it and see how you feel.

Still a great game to go back to now and again such as now with no new content in WoW for quite some time.

But as other have said, it's more of a singel player game I guess.

They seem to have embraced what I believe people liked most about the game - the RP and story. I recently returned and am really enjoying it.

Its engine is still not great, but much improved from the original game. Fair number of mechanical changes, including big ones to how companions work, both in and out of combat. Mostly good IMO.

No new flashpoints in Fallen Empire yet, but Shadow of Revan seems to have added several, all of which can be done "solo" mode (which you can still do in a group, they just have no item drops) or "tactical" mode (normal group mode).

Myself, I am also catching up from the original game. Hutt Cartel was so-so but Shadow of Revan has been awesome so far. Without spoiling anything, there are a couple of flashpoints with neat callbacks you'll recognize if you've played characters in both factions.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    It's a good game to play for 2 weeks every 4-5 months... especially with those new chapters coming every month. But for now I can't find a reason to stay... it will always have a place in my heart because it was my first MMO, but it's really a long time ago (I think that was in Rise of the Hutt Cartell) that I played it for more than 1 month without break.
    Last edited by mmoc0ffe054cb1; 2016-05-26 at 10:51 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekai View Post
    It's a good game to play for 2 weeks every 4-5 months... especially with those new chapters coming every month. But for now I can't find a reason to stay... it will always have a place in my heart because it was my first MMO, but it's really a long time ago (I think that was in Rise of the Hutt Cartell) that I played it for more than 1 month without break.
    I generally do this^ plus I have friends that I made during launch/ROTHC that I still like to go back too.

Signature by Serryn

..I went back some months ago and while I really enjoy the RP what turned me off was how the game performed so engine/coding .. As a WoW player that is my expectation especially when I do PvP .. SWG (ya I still make that mistake every once in a while) I mean in ToR (this game) my character does not stop where it should .. I get poor response and overall movement and action feel clunky.

If BW manage to upgrade the game engine and have it play like WoW I'd gladly pay a sub ..