Poll: Who pays on a date?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Oh I absolutely agree and that does exist. The problem is that societal standard also has a problem with men feeling emasculated if they end up with a female who makes more money than they do. So many of them don't ask or don't give women the opportunity to do such things out of some fear of bruised ego.
    Yes, this is probably the case as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Just to be clear: I always pay for dates, partly because I can quite easily, but also and importantly because I've examined my own beliefs and apply them consistently, which also makes me a total sexist

If you are not a total sexist but still insist men should pay for dates because "it's the done thing", or because it's only dinner, or because it's a man's job to do something special for his lady, or any of these hundreds of rationalisations, you have failed to be consistent, and failed to examine your own beliefs and biases

10+ Year Old Account
    lol @ people saying "whoever does the asking" which is basically saying that the person you asked is a prostitute and you're buying their time

most people who go on dates together are both adults with jobs, there is absolutely no reason to not go half and half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

My GF and I started out as friends and she has always said to pay half. I've taken her out on my treat a few times because I love her but overall she'd always like to pay half.

I don't think I'd ever go on a date with a woman who expects me to pay. It's bloody rude.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Half and half unless one wants to treat the other for whatever occasion, be it a holiday or anniversary, or if they just wanna.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Why would you dudes not make the girl pay? This is so out of my comprehension...
    Because you want some action and we must pamper them because... they're used to it because...

In a blue collar neighborhood the man better pay. Do you think we want our sisters and daughters going out with bums and leaches?.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You don't talk to many women do you?
    Women giggle with happiness when they see me

When me and my other half first met, we organised a date day (tinder ftw!)

It consisted of going paddle boating, 1 on 1 karate lesson (I'm a instructor) and finishing with a walk and picnic. In the end we ended up going for dinner after as it started raining qq,

I offered to pay so did she, in the end we went 50 50 and every time since (12 months down the road) we go 50/50 unless one of us is short on cash. We also have a stupid game where towards the end of a meal we come up with a excuse to leave the table for some reason and run to the counter to pay all of it

You don't talk to many women do you?
    I'm in a stable, long-term relationship. And none of the girlfriends I had ever felt ok with me paying for the 'dates'.
    As others pointed out, 'the one who makes the invite pays' generally means 'men pay', as the majority of women still lacks this kind of initiative.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-06-25 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    When me and my other half first met, we organised a date day (tinder ftw!)

It consisted of going paddle boating, 1 on 1 karate lesson (I'm a instructor) and finishing with a walk and picnic. In the end we ended up going for dinner after as it started raining qq,

I offered to pay so did she, in the end we went 50 50 and every time since (12 months down the road) we go 50/50 unless one of us is short on cash. We also have a stupid game where towards the end of a meal we come up with a excuse to leave the table for some reason and run to the counter to pay all of it

When your wife is 8 months pregnant do you expect her to take out the garbage also?. It isnt 50/50 because women get pregnant and their husbands look out for them and protect them from harm.

So 1 woman

That's nice i guess.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    When your wife is 8 months pregnant do you expect her to take out the garbage also?. It isnt 50/50 because women get pregnant and their husbands look out for them and protect them from harm.
    Holy mother of strawman...

10+ Year Old Account
    I, too, live by the Fedora Code.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I always lol when I see the word reparations because I think of Cleveland's rice crispy treats from Family Guy.
    Oddly enough,Cleveland came to mind for me as well,after I typed it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    I always pay, whats 80$ for a dinner , pocket change really. 7/10 you get laid anyways
    Kinda like paying for a hooker then

Equality bitch, pay for yourselves.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

The person who asks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I'm in a stable, long-term relationship. And none of the girlfriends I had ever felt ok with me paying for the 'dates'.
    As others pointed out, 'the one who makes the invite pays' generally means 'men pay', as the majority of women still lacks this kind of initiative.
    Nothing to do with lacking initiative.
    That's just what being a man is. Doubt that will ever change, and why should it?

You know you have a keeper if she argues to pay the bill on the first date.

Do you want some butter with your gender rolls?
    Gender roles are a thing. Unfortunately or not, I don't see it changing any time soon.

Erm you've lost me? So I'm just going to bread down each statement and say my two cents on each.

When your wife is 8 months pregnant do you expect her to take out the garbage also?

My other half isn't pregnant, nor have I said in anything about her making or expecting her to do chores. If your referring to paddleboating (Which incase its a different term from where you are, its basically a surfboard you stand on, and use a big paddle to move, while trying not to fall off), I don't know if your trying to make a comparison between the two since they are both physical?

It isnt 50/50 because women get pregnant

Wheres the pregnant situation coming from? Its 50 50 because we want it to be 50 50, unless its a special occasion or a treat.

their husbands look out for them and protect them from harm

And you've compelety lost me here, I have no idea how this is relevant at all to this conversation?

All I've said was we paid 50 50 on the first date and since then we do the same or we have a silly game to try to pay for each other. Its called fun

Yeah, I hate to break it to you but they are already changing.
    Gender roles still exist.
    They've been changing for decades, but I don't see them disappearing anytime soon. That's what I meant.