Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[Spoilers] New Factions Change After Legion

So in Legion we know what Genn and Sylvanas fighting each others and ignore major threat - Burning Legion. Its looks like most job doing we with our class hall and Khadgar. We also know what DK starting war with Paladins. We also know what DH is 12th class and 2nd hero class.

So i was thinking about what if after Legion blizzard make new 2 major factions and it will be not Alliance/Horde based but class based? I mean Alliance and Horde still be there but the players will be divided by class based factions. Some of classes make one faction and others do another? And they will be fighting each others like A/H. But players still will be available do story/quest/content from Alliance/Horde side. In legion we will have 12 classes - 2 of them is heroic classes. Something like:

Class Faction 1:

Death Knight - Warlock - Druid - Warrior - Rogue - Hunter

Class Faction 2:

Paladin - Demon Hunter - Shaman - Mage - Monk - Priest

I believe class factions rivalry will make lore easier to write because players will not be A/H and will can do quests/storylines from both sides. It also give each faction uniq based on class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why blizzard would do that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    To refresh game? I mean A vs H at current point of history is useless and they making it for sake of PvP not the lore. Class factions gives to us all we need - Alliance and Horde no more fighting each others and working together but players still have 2 factions who kill each others.

This is dumb. Why would a night elf druid suddenly fight against night elf priests? Why would a draenei paladin suddenly be fighting draenei hunters? Why would an orc shaman suddenly start fighting orc warriors?

This idea is bad and you should feel bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    To refresh game? I mean A vs H at current point of history is useless and they making it for sake of PvP not the lore. Class factions gives to us all we need - Alliance and Horde no more fighting each others and working together but players still have 2 factions who kill each others.
    I'm sorry it make no sense to me
    if you would like to make conflict between class/factions, which mean that Orc Warriors fights human pala ( specifically ) then it's already implied in the lore.
    -but if you would like to make class conflict inside the same faction then no it's not possible by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

That already exists it's called the neutral factions! Still they have their own factions! Note that the leader of the Druids is Malfurion and also one of the leaders of the NE! Shamans have Thrall leader of the Earthen Ring and he's the founder of the Horde! So no! i Think it's a terrible idea!

Deleted
    would be better if they would make 3rd faction and we can play naga, demon, felorc, eredar, throggs, vrykuls and those undead spiders etc

Deleted
    WORST IDEA EVER. Words can not express how terrible that idea sounds.
    What we really need is to increase the conflict between the horde and alliance, and that is what I think blizzard have realized and started to with Genn vs sylv just need that story to continue and build it up

7+ Year Old Account
    So in Legion we know what Genn and Sylvanas fighting each others and ignore major threat - Burning Legion. Its looks like most job doing we with our class hall and Khadgar. We also know what DK starting war with Paladins. We also know what DH is 12th class and 2nd hero class.

So i was thinking about what if after Legion blizzard make new 2 major factions and it will be not Alliance/Horde based but class based? I mean Alliance and Horde still be there but the players will be divided by class based factions. Some of classes make one faction and others do another? And they will be fighting each others like A/H. But players still will be available do story/quest/content from Alliance/Horde side. In legion we will have 12 classes - 2 of them is heroic classes. Something like:

Class Faction 1:

Class Faction 2:

I believe class factions rivalry will make lore easier to write because players will not be A/H and will can do quests/storylines from both sides. It also give each faction uniq based on class.
    question, why would druids, beings who love life, work with death knights and warlocks, things that love to destroy life?

also this would just be insanely stupid, notice how your top group only has 1 heal spec, 3 tank specs

and bottem has 5 heal specs, 3 tank specs? yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You want the game to be even more unbalanced? Seriously?

Class Faction 1:

Class Faction 2:

lol

/10char

Deleted
    Yeah, splitting up factions by classes would not completely destroy the balance. You do know that paladins and shamans were exclusive to alliance and horde back in vanilla and the class your faction didn't have was always OP?!

BTW: In your split one faction 1 gets one healer class while faction 2 is significantly more squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Yeah, splitting up factions by classes would not completely destroy the balance. You do know that paladins and shamans were exclusive to alliance and horde back in vanilla and the class your faction didn't have was always OP?!

BTW: In your split one faction 1 gets one healer class while faction 2 is significantly more squishy.
    I would love that actually, the faction only class. I think it gived relevance to your faction! But that's my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Why would an orc shaman suddenly start fighting orc warriors?.
    This..... This is not the best example you could give.....

I quite like the idea, however I wouldn't want it to be implemented in game,Mir would pure chaos changing coding, and your talking changing coding for everything, from npc interactions, languages to queing for stuff, to everything. Not to mention people would be up in arms over raid compositions

Maybe something a little smaller scale? Example :

Next expac, introduce two new races along with two new classes, one for each race and make a lore of thousands of year of war etc.

Faction 1 - 1 Healing class

Faction 2 - 4 Healing classes

Brilliant Idea!!

Oh wait........

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post

I would love that actually, the faction only class. I think it gived relevance to your faction! But that's my opinion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    That's exactly the problem.
    Giving factions any relevance gameplay wise makes it unbalanced and WoW isn't an asymmetrical multiplayer game so you want it to be balanced.
    You do remember how much shit was thrown around becasue of Every man for himself. Multiply that by a thousand and you have an approx of the shitstorm that will be comming up. Not to mention that some people like to play with their friends and splitting players down the middle just like that would seperate a lot of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another thread that really isn't a discussion about a spoiler. *sigh*

7+ Year Old Account
    Faction 1 - 1 Healing class

Faction 2 - 4 Healing classes
    Its not the mandatory i just made example. Blizzard will make factions specs balance.

This is dumb. Why would a night elf druid suddenly fight against night elf priests? Why would a draenei paladin suddenly be fighting draenei hunters? Why would an orc shaman suddenly start fighting orc warriors?
    Civil War? We see DK humans kills Paladin humans in Legion.

Main idea is what ending of Legion will force all classes unite their might to fight real threat. Why they split on 2 factions? Idk blizzard can make really good excuse. Like example i can suggest - the way of approaching their goal. Besides if players will not be bound to A/H its will allow them do lore what they can't do now. Like Alliance conquest Lordaeron or Horde fully control north Kalimdor.

Two new factions will be something like EB and AC now - neutral groups for A/H but with rivalry to each others.

Its not the mandatory i just made example. Blizzard will make factions specs balance.
    They can't. Simple enough. Unless they are going to completely homogenize all classes so we get the same skill set with different names for abilities - which would undoubtedly be crap btw - there would always be situations that one class' spells are superior to others classes'. Someone pointed it out before - back in Vanilla, we have *one* unique class for each faction (pally / shaman) and people were complaining about balancing. Make it 4? Somehow I doubt either Blizzard and the players are going to be happy to wait for an extra months (to year) every expansions for them to balance stuffs. Thinking of a reason to separate classes into different factions is easy enough, implementing that idea while keeping the game balanced (relatively, compared to current state) is not.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-06-26 at 01:57 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.