Deleted

Explain Vloggers

Maybe i'm getting too old. I've really considered this option. But i can't see the appeal of following a Vlogger.
    Now, im not talking about game streamers on twitch, theres actually something going on there.

I'm talking about the millions of kids and teens watching other people live their lifes. They sit at home, behind a screen watching some seemingly populair person (?! not hot, not funny, not extreme !?) do simple bland shit like groceries. Like.... the f? Why?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-06-25 at 02:14 PM.

It's like columnists in newspapers.

But with sound and pictures that can move instead of words printed on a piece of paper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    It's like columnists in newspapers.

But with sound and pictures that can move instead of words printed on a piece of paper.
    Usually columnists are smart, funny or edgy. A column as bland as a vlogger would be:
    "today i did groceries. I bought banana's and broccoli. Tonight i might order take-out."...

I watch a couple of them, if it's entertaining it's entertaining.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Usually columnists are smart, funny or edgy. A column as bland as a vlogger would be:
    "today i did groceries. I bought banana's and broccoli. Tonight i might order take-out."...
    Popular vloggers are generally better than that. Or at least are attractive.

Also - maybe people would read that column. There's just no decent delivery mechanism for it outside of the internet.
    Certainly they'll fall over themselves to get their hands on pictures of celebrities doing their shopping.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-06-25 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I watch a couple of them, if it's entertaining it's entertaining.
    Whats entertaining about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe i'm getting too old. I've really considered this option. But i can't see the appeal of following a Vlogger.
    Now, im not talking about game streamers on twitch, theres actually something going on there.

I'm talking about the millions of kids and teens watching other people live their lifes. They sit at home, behind a screen watching some seemingly populair person (?! not hot, not funny, not extreme !?) do simple shit like groceries. Like.... the f? Why?
    Blogging and Vlogging in one sentence:

"Look at me do mundane stuff for money"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Popular vloggers are generally better than that. Or at least are attractive.

Also - maybe people would read that column. There's just no decent delivery mechanism for it outside of the internet.
    Yeah but thats the point. i get it when its some bigtitted hotty. Or if the vlogger is funny. But alot of the populair ones aint.
    Also theres ones that are immensely populair under kids aged 6-9. I doubt they are triggered by a hot guy/girl.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-06-25 at 02:20 PM.

Yeah but thats the point. i get it when its some bigtitted hotty. Or if the vlogger is funny. But alot of the populair ones aint.
    Also theres ones that are immensely populair under kids aged 6-9. I doubt they are triggered by a hot guy.
    Maybe whatever it is that they offer isn't aimed at you. People watch Jersey Shore. People watch The Only Way is Essex. People watch Big Brother. They are perfectly happy to watch some random people do something pretty mundane.

Or they're know for something else and people just want to see more of them.

Ones popular with kids, they're different entirely. They're definitely not aimed at you, in much the same way that I doubt you'd sit through most TV shows aimed at a 6 year old unless you have a kid around 6 (or your friends or relatives do).

Kind of a journal or Diary...but with the expectation that some one else will see it.

Kind of makes it "corruptible" in my opinion....we do not really say what we feel,think,do when others are going to see it.
    My 2c anyway

Deleted

I'm talking about the millions of kids and teens watching other people live their lifes. They sit at home, behind a screen watching some seemingly populair person (?! not hot, not funny, not extreme !?) do simple bland shit like groceries. Like.... the f? Why?
    I watch Crendor and quite a few other youtubers. He is very relaxing to listen to.

I have a lot of friends, but friends rarely share your interests fully. I like hearing someone like Crendor chat about wow and fantasy/gaming stuff because those things interest me.