Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    If you still can't kill Archie with this new nerf, you are veritably and extraordinarily bad.
    Well it's not nerfed 30% from where it is live right now. Classes are being gutted across the board. Not saying it won't be easier (because we can't know yet) and shit but your statement is kind of fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Blackhand and Archie wont have 100% drop chance for their mythic mounts in prepatch. Also the moose from heroic goes away in prepatch.
    Source?

Garrosh mount was still 100% drop on prepatch and they even made the boss drop 2 mounts per kill lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Source?

Garrosh mount was still 100% drop on prepatch and they even made the boss drop 2 mounts per kill lol
    It had already dropped 2 per kill on 25, think they just went with the "20 is closer to 25 than it is to 10" approach lol

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, when 3.0 hit, SWP was a joke, I remember that distinctively. I think it was my first WTF moment about "nerfed" raids, don't remember that happening for Naxx40 pre-TBC launch.

And the trend continued in a different fashion with the 5% monthly player buff in ICC....so is anyone really surprised?
    Except at 30% this probably isn't a nerf. People are much weaker in the prepatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Well it's not nerfed 30% from where it is live right now. Classes are being gutted across the board. Not saying it won't be easier (because we can't know yet) and shit but your statement is kind of fucking retarded.
    It will be easier. It's always easier. Literally every expansion after BC has made raiding significantly easier in the pre-patch. There's no way they buck that trend now. If it turns out 30% isn't enough they'll just increase it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Except at 30% this probably isn't a nerf. People are much weaker in the prepatch.
    It looks like a nerf unless you're stacking arcane mages that refuse to respec, but not massive like we've previously seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    shit, how far in the fight did you get with soloing Mythic as a DK?
    I'm not quite sure if you know it but it seems like you don't so just to make sure: Mannoroth skips straight to phase 2 when engaged on mythic. No summoner phase.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    I know that, I was still asking if they made any progress. But alas from an earlier reply, 2/3 hits then ded.jpeg
    It'll be interesting to see how the nerf to DK grip effects guilds' Manny strategies. I wonder if the 30% nerf to damage done will make stacking for imps a viable option. If it is, then it won't matter much. If not, I could see the encounter needing further adjustments after the patch hits.

One thing which is almost guaranteed, however, is that the whole instance will be a clown fiesta. Whether it's enjoyable or not remains to be seen, but I have reservations about this pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    It will be easier. It's always easier. Literally every expansion after BC has made raiding significantly easier in the pre-patch. There's no way they buck that trend now. If it turns out 30% isn't enough they'll just increase it even more.
    I understand that, and I have said that. It would be a COLOSSAL failure in Blizzards part if they somehow make it harder than it currently is; I do not think they will do that. That being said, however, with many of the changes Blizzard has made lately it wouldn't 100% shock me if they fucked up the pre patch that badly lol
    That does not change the fact though that as it stands when he posted that comment that his statement was pretty fucking dumb.

The most important quest for me :

That "nerf" go live with prepatch? Any idea about when pre patch is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how the nerf to DK grip effects guilds' Manny strategies. I wonder if the 30% nerf to damage done will make stacking for imps a viable option. If it is, then it won't matter much. If not, I could see the encounter needing further adjustments after the patch hits.

One thing which is almost guaranteed, however, is that the whole instance will be a clown fiesta. Whether it's enjoyable or not remains to be seen, but I have reservations about this pre-patch.
    We've been doing mannoroth without grips because Zephos (OP of this fucking picture) managed to wreck his hand, so we only had 1x dk for a few weeks, and we just kept saving the grips for "if the imps got dicey". Never actually happened, so never used the one grip we had. It's a totally viable way to go even now due to severe overgearing - just don't be too spread, and have the good singletarget burst classes actually switch to imps that spawn outside of the AOE clump (so after hunters barrage, pick the furthest out imp and chim/aimed/kill shot it dead).

If it's doable now, -30% means stacking will be far easier and yea, there should be no real difficulties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't think anybody will be soloing HFC in the next tier. SoO in its nerfed-to-oblivion state was still fairly tough at 100 right after the expansion hit.
    Some SoO encounters were soloed in pre-patch, Immerseus even earlyer. Most notably Miones garrosh 10nm solo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Some SoO encounters were soloed in pre-patch, Immerseus even earlyer. Most notably Miones garrosh 10nm solo.
    He meant flawlessly like you can do Cataclysm today. Doing a few bosses is normal, with the right spec. They appear to keep the previous expansion on purpose harder to solo.

I expect MoP to be easily soloable at 110, with some early raiding gear at least.

While I know HFC is the newest raid. Even if this was a straight 30% nerf and the classes didn't change at all, which they certainly did, The raid will be 14 months old by the time Legion hits this isn't new content. In the weeks prior to Legion while people are still doing this HFC is nothing more then a testing grounds for new specs so you can make a more educated guess rolling into Legion and starting your wpn.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Mione definitely doesn't represent the average WoW player and Immerseus was a poorly designed boss which happened to have mechanics to make it possible to solo. While player power is definitely going up in Legion, the amount of player power necessary to defeat current Mythic encounters solo is going to be far higher than it was from SoO to early WoD gear.

People in this thread do not understand just how low DPS will be in the prepatch. 30% means you're not going to die to mechanics, it also means kill times are going to be back where they were during progression, and guilds that can't kill these bosses during progression are completely fucked.

Being someone who came from the age of killing M Archi in 1-2 doomfires, I am not looking forward to having to do 3 doomfires :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Being someone who came from the age of killing M Archi in 1-2 doomfires, I am not looking forward to having to do 3 doomfires :/
    I'm not sure why people keep saying it will be harder, if it is harder after the prepatch then they'll just tone it down within 24 hrs like they did with Garrosh in SoO. Not to mention there's still like a solid 3 weeks until the prepatch at least, so they could buff everyone's dps at 100.

Hopefully that is the case.

If that happens though I really hope they fix that shit after the prepatch is done so it doesn't fuck with 110 tuning either.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Hopefully that is the case.

If that happens though I really hope they fix that shit after the prepatch is done so it doesn't fuck with 110 tuning either.
    They've been known to insert band-aid fixes for pre-patch play that gets reverted for expansion play. If some specs are completely gimped, I can see something like that happening. (Warriors in ICC come to mind.)