Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    literally addressed in the post
    What was addressed? Oh you mean that fucking bullshit about people having an advantage that are more experienced? Really? You're going to say that's a good reason? WHY THE FUCK DO THEY ALLOW DBM? Hm? Same fucking reason. Experienced people know they can use a fucking addon that tells them what the boss will do before it does it with a fucking countdown timer and that's totally ok but having a camera slider is game breaking. Blizzard literally have their head up their ass and think we're fucking stupid with these excuses. Every fucking addon should be disabled according to this logic.

I'm surprised this didn't already happen in Warlords, since you can zoom out all you want but the world never gets any bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Exactly this.
    They managed before.

People don't like the reason, therefore it will never be a good reason in their eyes.
    No argument will satisfy them.
    Only because the argument is not rational. Not only is it irrational, the variables have been manipulated to lessen the impact of the issue (no UI element in his screenshot).

According to their reason for pruning abilities/options, it's as if we have not been playing the game correctly these past 12 years and they now just thought they'd guide us the right way. Their attitude is seriously pathetic at times.

So which addon u had for beams? Weak auras/dbm/bigwigs/pottms addon?

Cause with the addon its really easy to deal it even if u play first person all in. Try and do the fight with no addons and default max ui distance and come back and tell me how does it feels. Also this is taken from official forums and i couldnt said it better my self.

"You make tanking terrible in Legion.

You've made melee terrible.. well, forever (unless you're a long time raiding rogue). You give us raid bosses that demand three rogues and no other melee. You give us fight after fight where we have to limit our melee core. In a huge display of idiocy, you make another tank and melee class that we definitely didn't need. And you were so lazy about it you didn't even give it a third spec.

So... we've made melee highly undesirable. You've demanded specific class stacking even outside of the top 5 world kills. You've added a new melee class that just skews numbers and increases bench time (especially with the dumb change from 25 to 20m). Now, you want to make my melee core see even less around them causing them to die more often thus causing the debate on whether we should bring them to a fight.

Fix this change. I forgive so many changes in this game on the sole reason that the raid designed content is pretty solid. But everything else in this game is just bad. You stopped playing your game a long time ago. And you stopped caring about it even longer. Just listen to the opinions of people that still play it and care for it.

Some of us still have passion left for this game and want it to improve. Stop changing things and making it worse."

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It should be a choice. Should be able to choose if that's what I want or not since we've had it for a long time. Just like the old models, if you want you can choose to use those over the new ones. I don't dislike the new change but if they want to avoid the salt then make it a choice, I personally don't care.
    It was always a choice, but it had two problems.
    The first issue was the lack of accessibility of the full option to most players.
    There is in my opinion too much stuff hidden behind CVars.

The second more subjective one is that the maximum was too much.
    Blizzard are addressing both, with the second one being something that it is impossible to please everyone with.
    If they had raised it even someone would have complained it wasn't enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    If this is engine-related: Fine. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

If this is trying to force players to adhere to the same restrictions: Better disable any mod that gives other players an advantage and make them all UI-only.

Seriously fucking tired of players demanding you install mods or download third-party shit anyway.
    It's not engine related. It's been working fine for a long time on the beta (and currently you can even temporarily revert it, although that is getting fixed next build). They just don't want us to zoom out that far.

When I first started playing this game with a friend the first thing he told me to do was increase the view distance. This was years ago. You can't justify a quality of life change (especially when that change ends up giving us LESS choice that what we originally had) just because people lived with it in the past. By that logic, we should permanently abandon cars and planes in favor of horses. If they go through with this it will actually be the worst change in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Because this unnecessary change limits available information that raiders need in order to progress.
    The ONLY way the extra distance had any form of advantage over another is PVP. So yet again PVE players suffer because of PVP.

Oh, let's not forget those who suffer more than anybody: Those people who legitimately suffer headaches from visual effects happening too close. Medical issues like that are only going to drive off players who CANNOT adapt to this change.

This very much IS a gamebreaker for many folks.
    AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHA
    that was hillarious.

seriously, i dont even know what to reply.
    didnt know even MMO-C was filled with people of your kind.
    to sum it up, git gud, l2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I play a melee and have been 13/13 mythic for almost a year now, and I have never used the extra camera zoom. Anyone who says you absolutely need the further zoom to see what you need to in raids are either lying or just shit at the game.

Do you seriously need to have the entire boss' model in your field of view? Hell no, why the fuck would you even want that?

We managed before because the far-distance zoom option was still there. Now we are limited in distance more than we have been since the game's release almost TWELVE YEARS AGO.

Let's see YOU play a melee on a mythic fight where you have a giant boss ass covering your vision the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Are they fucking retarded or what?
    How old are you?

Hopefully they'll reduce the scale of some of the enemies and such then or this will be awful. Tanking, or even playing a melee, on fights like Archimonde without the massive zoom out is just awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Normally I don't care about this kind of stuff, and I can see their point about parity between those that use the base UI and those that don't. But this is one of those things that is like "I don't care about until it affects me" (as evident by all the posts who say they don't care about this feature therefore the people that do are "unbelievable" and "complainers"). This affects me. I get pretty bad motion sickness and one of the reasons that WoW is something I can play for long periods of time (which is pretty important as a raider) is precisely because the script that allows me to zoom out really far as much as possible.

I mean, it depends on the distance of the max zoom now and a lot of other factors (environmental shake effects, encounters with walls that push the camera in,etc) and so it may ultimately end up being a nonissue and therefore not something I'm going to get upset about until I've really experienced it, but it still feels like something they could have compromised by making the default ui slider match the script rather than the other way around.

I used a further camera distance because certain mounts I couldn't even see the end of while flying on them, like say cloudserpents. I kept the camera far enough back where I could see the ENTIRE THING I was riding on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Increases max drawing distance; decreases max camera distance.

This logic is so bulletproof you don't even understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHA
    that was hillarious.

seriously, i dont even know what to reply.
    didnt know even MMO-C was filled with people of your kind.
    to sum it up, git gud, l2p.
    What an excellently well-written and informative post.

We managed before because the far-distance zoom option was still there. Now we are limited in distance more than we have been since the game's release almost TWELVE YEARS AGO.

Let's see YOU play a melee on a mythic fight where you have a giant boss ass covering your vision the whole fight.
    um... he said he did just that...

I play a melee and have been 13/13 mythic for almost a year now, and I have never used the extra camera zoom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starks View Post
    til its reintroduced one expansion later as a revolutionary game feature lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dabanks07 View Post
    And if you are a tank/raid leader then you are really looking at problems since you will generally have the boss facing away from the raid and obviously standing in front with everyone else on the opposite side of him.
    Smaller raid bosses?

10+ Year Old Account

ONLY in PVP is it even remotely possible for anything to have an "unfair advantage" when one player uses it and another doesn't.
    As I said in a previous reply: let's see YOU do a mythic boss fight as melee with distance so limited you have boss ass covering your vision.

I don't get whey they don't just make the hidden max distance the current max setting on the camera distance setting. Fixes everything. And honestly I am sick of all the pruning in the game. It is like they are trying to repackage it as WoW 2.0 with all the changes and quite frankly I despise a lot of the pruning.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raidleading as a melee gonna be fun in Legion...