Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

100 to 110 leveling time

Howdy all, I was just wondering for those lucky enough to be on beta, how long does it seem to be taking to quest up to 110?
    thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rutilus View Post
    Howdy all, I was just wondering for those lucky enough to be on beta, how long does it seem to be taking to quest up to 110?
    thanks in advance!
    It is relatively fast. I have played my Druid maybe 1 hour per night for a week, and am already 108, and have not focused on speed leveling. Been more into exploring and paying attention to the lore.

15+ Year Old Account

100 to 110 leveling time

It took me about 56 hours played to hit 110 on my DK; I had a lot of rested xp and hit 110 with almost a full leveling zone to quest through.

I normally level slowly, and this being all brand new there was a lot of reading, exploring, mining, etc. I imagine I'll probably do it in around 36 hours played on live with my main (Mage).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by taishar68; 2016-06-26 at 03:38 AM.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    It took me about 56 hours played to hit 110 on my DK; I had a lot of rested xp and hit 110 with almost a full leveling zone to quest through.

I normally level slowly, and this being all brand new there was a lot of reading, exploring, mining, etc. I imagine I'll probably do it in around 36 hours played on live with my main (Mage).

The poster above you and what you said are extremely different unless I'm misunderstanding what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    It is relatively fast. I have played my Druid maybe 1 hour per night for a week, and am already 108, and have not focused on speed leveling. Been more into exploring and paying attention to the lore.
    He says it'll probably take him about 10-15 hours. Which is what it's been for expansions in the past usually.

You're saying it's taking you 56 hours? To go from 100 to 110 unless you mean by played total from 1-110 (not including any other time spent, aka raiding at max lvl in previous expansions.)

If it took you 56 hours to go from 100-110, can you explain what you did in a little more detail. I'm just really confused why it would take so long to go from 100-110. If it really takes that long on an average player, for 56 hours played, I think they're gonna lose a lot of the playerbase...that's far too long. I feel 56 hours is probably what 1-110 should take without heirlooms an exploring the world while you're leveling.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aiming to go from 100-110 in 8 hours
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Different people play in different ways....as you can see. You have the speed demons who really don't care what the quest text says and just want to figure out how to be max level the quickest. Then you have the people who enjoy slow and relaxed (like myself) that know the world isn't going to go anywhere and don't really have a guild that is going to raid...so take their time. I've been in since alpha...think I've gotten one character to level 110...then deleted it when character copy opened. Copied one character who got bugged, deleted it, copied again and after getting to 103 realize it too is bugged....so copied another class and have had it for about 4-5 days and it's about level 103 again. Depends on if you want to enjoy and snoop around or just fly through.

First time it took me about 20 hours on my demon hunter. Excluding the demon hunter intro (2 hours) and all the beta lags and crashes, I'd say if you rush maybe 8 hrs at the lowest, 15 or so usually.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Different people play in different ways....as you can see. You have the speed demons who really don't care what the quest text says and just want to figure out how to be max level the quickest. Then you have the people who enjoy slow and relaxed (like myself) that know the world isn't going to go anywhere and don't really have a guild that is going to raid...so take their time. I've been in since alpha...think I've gotten one character to level 110...then deleted it when character copy opened. Copied one character who got bugged, deleted it, copied again and after getting to 103 realize it too is bugged....so copied another class and have had it for about 4-5 days and it's about level 103 again. Depends on if you want to enjoy and snoop around or just fly through.
    This fucking shit again...

What makes you so sure that the people who are looking to speed through things haven't already read all the text, explored everything and done everything before? Some people also does everything you do just a lot faster. Don't judge other people for their way of playing making it look like yours is the correct way.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Different people play in different ways....as you can see. You have the speed demons who really don't care what the quest text says and just want to figure out how to be max level the quickest.
    I enjoy taking my time and getting involved in the story...which is why I've done so on the beta.

But come Live my goal is to hit 110 on the first day and immediately start researching my artifact power upgrades. I won't feel bad for blitzing through the story on the Nth playthrough and it's really important to not waste time starting the knowledge upgrade process.

the general results I've seen for leveling 100-110 is about 10 hours, if someone purposefully takes their time you can expect maybe 15-20 hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was from 100-110, this was a DK that was rolled before character copy was enabled.

As to why it took so long? I am not sure, really. I did a lot of exploring, I had some interesting runbacks after dying, I mined as much as possible, did all the order hall stuff...I probably spent two hours on the lights heart scenario due to some issues with lag and bugging (character could not use any skills for a key part of the scenario)

I am sure if I was focused on just quest completion to get to 110, it would have gone a lot quicker.

However...I am firmly in the camp that thinks leveling should take a long time. It should feel like it was worth the time you took to do it, that you have a memory of having fun doing it, etc. Since there is no value in speed leveling (for me), I play at a glacial pace.

"Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I would expect it to take about the same amount of time as it usually takes you to do so if you play the same way (though it seems dungeon farming your way up is even less viable this time around).

8 hours was like the original exp settings. Right now I'd say 14-20 would be the norm. Regardless you kind of HAVE to do all quest in each zone to get least friendly with emissaries to unlock World Quests. I guess you can rush but you'd end up back tracking ass it is to catch up to unlock WQ. People are seriously underestimating the importance of World Questing for toon advancement, especially with offspec/ats
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Yeah, like Towelliee said, you pretty much have to do every single quest so rushing it in 8 hours or so won't do you much good this time around. Will probably take around 15 hours or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    This fucking shit again...

What makes you so sure that the people who are looking to speed through things haven't already read all the text, explored everything and done everything before? Some people also does everything you do just a lot faster. Don't judge other people for their way of playing making it look like yours is the correct way.
    Just to pitch in here - Let's be real. No one reads quest text.

I recently leveled and it took roughly 14 hours of doing quests. I didnt rush, afked a few times, and actually read some of the quests that seemed interesting(in other words, not many). Youll need to do all the quests in the zones anyways so might as well just pick one and finish it then move on.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2016-06-26 at 05:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Just to pitch in here - Let's be real. No one reads quest text.
    Let's be real. I do on my first character. And usually on second one also. After that, clickclickclick.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yeah, like Towelliee said, you pretty much have to do every single quest so rushing it in 8 hours or so won't do you much good this time around. Will probably take around 15 hours or so.
    I think this is a little exaggerated, I managed to reach lvl 110 with only highmountain fully completed (Lots of rested exp + dungeons as healer).
    2 zones around halfway done, so you don't need every quest. I started Azsuna after being 110 and it took about an hour to reach friendly rep.

But yeah you still want to run every zone at release, since dungeons give crap for exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    The poster above you and what you said are extremely different unless I'm misunderstanding what you said.

He says it'll probably take him about 10-15 hours. Which is what it's been for expansions in the past usually.

You're saying it's taking you 56 hours? To go from 100 to 110 unless you mean by played total from 1-110 (not including any other time spent, aka raiding at max lvl in previous expansions.)

If it took you 56 hours to go from 100-110, can you explain what you did in a little more detail. I'm just really confused why it would take so long to go from 100-110. If it really takes that long on an average player, for 56 hours played, I think they're gonna lose a lot of the playerbase...that's far too long. I feel 56 hours is probably what 1-110 should take without heirlooms an exploring the world while you're leveling.
    I think he means starting at 55 aka a fresh death knight

Not long at all, I didn't even get to suramar before 110. Started at azsuna and went clockwise. Half way through finishing stormhiem I maxed out. I also did every quest and read everything along the way. I think it took me three nights, maybe 15~ 20 hours total