Page 1 of 40
... LastLast

Oregon Mother Shoots and Kills Intruder Who Snuck Into Child's Bedroom

Don't worry endus there is no picture of the perp on this link

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2688757

After finding a stranger in her child’s bedroom, an Oregon mother opened fire and killed the intruder early Sunday morning.

Police arrived at the home in Portland at about 1:47 a.m., when they found a dead man inside.

The homeowner, 33, called 911 and told officers she shot him.

The mother had been out with her two children, 5 and 10, when she came home and spotted the creep in one of her kid’s bedrooms.

Already armed with a handgun, she shot and killed 59-year-old man hiding in her child’s room.

Police are still investigating the incident, and will present the case to the Multnomah County District Attorney to see if the mother will be charged. She has been cooperating with police in the investigation and has not been arrested.

The home intruder’s autopsy is scheduled for Monday. He is expected to be identified after his family is notified.
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

Seems like too much force if he didn't threaten anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Right, the guy broke into her house and was in her child's bed room. Clearly she should've asked the perp politely to leave...
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    His very presence was threatening. He was trespassing, hiding in the room of a small child. That screams pedo to me.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    His very presence was threatening. He was trespassing, hiding in the room of a small child. That screams pedo to me.
    or homicidal maniac.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

59 year old man hiding in a child's bedroom.....that is the threat.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

My first thought was ok, no problem here. Then I had to stop and wonder what was she doing out with a 5 year old at 1 am? Kids that age need structured sleep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle...h_a_castle_law

Oregon has a Castle Doctrine that would allow for deadly force but it's not perfect (each state that has a castle law is slightly different per state) which is why they will determine if she will be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Right, the guy broke into her house and was in her child's bed room. Clearly she should've asked the perp politely to leave...
    She could him at gunpoint while calling the police, telling him to not move

lol I knew it wouldn't take long

Let me guess, no kids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was this posted in the hopes it would be controversial? Seriously, I can't think of anyone who would think this was a bad thing.

Yeah good idea and hopefully while she's on the phone the guy doesn't rush her and take the gun.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

while making sure her kids dont go near him? no

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle...h_a_castle_law

Oregon has a Castle Doctrine that would allow for deadly force but it's not perfect (each state that has a castle law is slightly different per state) which is why they will determine if she will be charged.
    I wondered about Oregon's law on this subject. In Ohio, the homeowner has the right to use deadly force if they feel their lives are in danger if anyone breaks into their home. It even extends to one's vehicle. But you are right, they do vary according to the state you live in.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-06-27 at 02:52 AM.

Idk. It's hard to say of course without more details, but couldn't she have just left the house and called the cops or something. Like if he is hiding and not coming at her, then I think there are better ways this coulda been played out. Not saying that I think her shooting him was a bad thing, it's certainly justifiable, I just wonder if a less violent option was possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    She handled it correctly, end of story. Anyone who thinks she used excessive force is a pussy retard.

I'll gladly take that infraction.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

I am often against the violence many click bait threads like this talk about. In this case though I would have done the same thing. In this instance the only thing I am worried about is the safety of my child and I am going to assume that person is a threat.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    She handled it correctly, end of story. Anyone who thinks she used excessive force is a pussy retard.

I'll gladly take that infraction.
    Just make sure you're out of focus on people's cameras and I think you can evade it.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

When you are scared for you and your children you are far more likely to eliminate the threat then sit their frightened and hope it all just magically works out. Excuse me stranger in my home stay still while I dial the police with one hand, hold the gun with my other and some how keep my 2 kids no where near you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Was this posted in the hopes it would be controversial? Seriously, I can't think of anyone who would think this was a bad thing.
    There's already at least one poster in the thread who values the life of an intruder (who, by his mere presence, demonstrates his complete disregard for both ethics and the law) over the life of the kid.