Page 1 of 2
LastLast

mmo-cham site frozen frequenly

As the title says, It just started today. I visit mmo-champ everyday. But for some reason today mmo-champ page is choppy and my laptops fan goes crazy. The laptop i am using is not a great one. It is for work but when for almost 2 years I experience nothing this kind then suddenly this morning have this problem,I believe something changed on mmo-champ site. I ca't scroll down smoothly. It gets stuck all the time. Or While I am typing a reply the computer freezes for 2-3 seconds then continue working. Maximum stop was 7 seconds.

I closed mmo-champ and tried other webpages, the guardian, bbc, japantimes etc and they all work perfectly. Only This webpage is problem.

was there any changes to the webpage since yesterday which we should be notified? Maybe something a which you wouldn't feel in a high end or normal computer?

THis laptop has Intel Core2 Duo cpu t8100 @2.10ghz and 2 gb of ram.

Disable Flash (assuming you're on chrome) I haven't tested anything other than Firefox and Chrome but Firefox doesn't have flash installed by default which fixes the issue I'm seeing. And disabling it on Chrome fixes it aswell.

To disable Flash on chrome to type in "about://plugins" to your search bar. Then look for "Adobe Flash Player" and press the disable button which should be under it.

sorry should have said I was on chrome yes. I disabled both flash and widevince something plug ins. it seems to be calmer now, i mean the fan but it is strange in the first place the fan started to work just for a webpage. never happened before. Thanks for the advice.

Also having issues the last couple of days, have to type replies in a word program and copy paste as otherwise it takes ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    might have something to do with the 40-50 scripts/popups that are on every page here. try ad-block? one of them might be lagging you out!

also noticed a problem recently (just happened now actually) where i go to reply to something and this here quick reply box is filled with the front page? strange. it happened frequently a few months ago then stopped then started happening again last week.

Again if you have flash installed/enabled disable it. Also turn of spell check.

On chrome go to "about://plugins" and find Flash and disable it.

To turn off spellcheck right click in the reply box/post box and hover over spellcheck and uncheck the spellcheck field.

If either of these soulutions fixes the issue get back to me I'm working on tracking down the source of the issues but so far I've only found bad ads causing a ton of script issues.

Also adblocking stops your man chaud from paying the rent and keeping Mmo-C alive it's better to help track down the source of the issues. The best way to contact me is to join our channel on Curse Voice.

https://curse.com/invite/umiyfaAt0U67u2TAgrYTgQ
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2016-06-27 at 12:36 PM.

Really you cant disable flash if you want to watch stream. It is getting worse and worse from this site. I dont know what you have done to this site and I dont think I can fix this, only you need to fix your problem on mmo-champhion. For some days ago there was no issue and now it is back. So what did you do? (:-

Deleted
    This forum got really laggy this week...flash crashes, this only happens otherwise on ultra-heavy-flash multimedia sites like gossip pages, for example daily mail n shit like that...

Turn on "click" to play if you can't live with disabling flash. Go to your settings - then click show advanced settings - content settings under privacy - scroll down untill you find plugins - turn on "Let me chose when to run plugin content" - then go to "Manage Exceptions" and make sure "Always Allowed to Run" is unchecked.

Yep this forum has become totally unusable. Constant freezes and stuff. Disabling or having to use additional stuff should not be the answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Yep this forum has become totally unusable. Constant freezes and stuff. Disabling or having to use additional stuff should not be the answer.
    Never had any issues with that. Used Firefox, Chrome, Edge. Also used it from Chrome (Android) and Safari (IOS).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Woah OP, I'm having the same issue, and only here. I'm running a 3.4ghz i5, 8gb 1600mhz ddr ram, gtx 775 2gb (It's a work computer), 256ssd (not m.2), running into major freezing.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was just me lol, I tried a new admin account, same issue, something happening with ad management, but I haven't attempted to disable flash, probably it really

Are people having issues using adblock?

If not I recommend getting it. I block 50 ads on every page on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Are people having issues using adblock?

If not I recommend getting it. I block 50 ads on every page on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Woah OP, I'm having the same issue, and only here. I'm running a 3.4ghz i5, 8gb 1600mhz ddr ram, gtx 775 2gb (It's a work computer), 256ssd (not m.2), running into major freezing.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was just me lol, I tried a new admin account, same issue, something happening with ad management, but I haven't attempted to disable flash, probably it really
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Adblock stops your man chaud from keeping Mmo-C alive. It's better to help him find the ads that cause these issues. If you could provide ad urls that would help immensely in tracking down the issue.

And turning on click to play requires no effort and fixes the issue untill he can track down the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Adblock stops your man chaud from keeping Mmo-C alive. It's better to help him find the ads that cause these issues. If you could provide ad urls that would help immensely in tracking down the issue.

And turning on click to play requires no effort and fixes the issue untill he can track down the issue.
    Yeah I don't use ad-block for that exact reason.. But something's really BAD ((

Yeah I don't use ad-block for that exact reason.. But something's really BAD ((
    Yeah as I said I had the same issue you could turn on click to play or disable flash all together which fixed it for me.

The front page is always laggy for me around expansion times considering the front page is incredibly massive. That might have something to do with it?

- - - Updated - - -

When was the last time this happened? There was one ad that was causing performance issues but it should be gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deggan View Post
    The front page is always laggy for me around expansion times considering the front page is incredibly massive. That might have something to do with it?
    This and also all the youtube videos on a long page really lag it out

while using html5 instead of adobe flash player is a good move towards preventing the installation of rootkits and other various malware, dont be fooled.

html5 does have vulnerabilities and the database continues to grow as attackers switch or introduce additional code to exploit it...

so HA! or something like that.