After leveling thoughts

Hey there guys due to work life I am still in process of looking to minmax my way threw legion a group of 3 have got some time off work which we are going to enjoy the rush to 110, the first question I have is spec leveling I will be in a group with a prot pally and a lazer chicken so I assume fire would be the way to go for mass pulls however, hoping to get some confirmation in this reguard I am fortunant enough to have had an opportunity to play on a beta account but not to the extent I could determine. The second question of possible to answer is in reguard a to professions. I guess what I am after would be a few key points of what I should focus my research in for a min max to 110 effectively. Would hate to miss out on critical points and be left a week behind. Cheers

Deleted
    From what I've gathered while reading this forum is that fire mage seems to be the best spec for leveling in legion, since you are in a group with other people it won't really matter much which spec you play since playing in a group will be really easy regardless, from what I can see the rewards from professions won't really impact the levelingspeed all too much, just go with what you want to have at endgame. (fk me that hurt)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockrey1990 View Post
    Hey there guys due to work life I am still in process of looking to minmax my way threw legion a group of 3 have got some time off work which we are going to enjoy the rush to 110, the first question I have is spec leveling I will be in a group with a prot pally and a lazer chicken so I assume fire would be the way to go for mass pulls however, hoping to get some confirmation in this reguard I am fortunant enough to have had an opportunity to play on a beta account but not to the extent I could determine. The second question of possible to answer is in reguard a to professions. I guess what I am after would be a few key points of what I should focus my research in for a min max to 110 effectively. Would hate to miss out on critical points and be left a week behind. Cheers

I've leveled 6 times on beta, 4 of those times as a mage (experimented with different specs once each child and then leveled a 4th mage on my 2nd beta account). Here's a rough game plan.

Level to 110. Ignore your class order hall until max level. Some people will tell you differently, but honestly, the travel and time invested is better saved till after 110. Quest through each zone, you'll end up doing most of all 4 zones but it goes by quickly, and I've enjoyed it every time. Once you hit 10, I'd unlock Suramar and world quests and then immediately begin your Class Order Hall Questline. You'll hit a roadblock with it that requires you to complete 5 missions os with your followers, which will then be a time restraint. At that point, I'd focus purely on normal, then heroic dungeons till you're 830. Continue doing world quests for gear and relics, but get to 830 so you can begin doing Mythic Dungeons. At that point, make sure to do every Mythic Dungeon daily, and you'll be raid ready in no time. From that point on, you're on your own.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as spec, it's entirely up to you, but Arcane simply won't work until some point of raid gear, I don't know how well you have to be geared to do so but I'd say 860-870ish. I've raided as Fire, I start my Frost testing this upcoming reset. I feel like Fire is very smooth but will eventually get boring, hopefully after Arcane becomes viable. If you're new to Mage, or just simply a more casual player, I'd suggest Fire simply because it will be the best spec for your group for leveling

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GwiGwi View Post
    Mythic dungeons reset weekly.
    I may be wrong but I believe Mythic 0 resets daily, and Mythic+ is weekly, but I may be wrong. If so, adjust my post accordingly
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Mythic +1 resets weekly, Mythic +2 and up can be done whenever (depended on stones). There is no Mythic +0.