Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    I think federalisation would be a great thing for the EU. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Hitler for a start.

Still looking at the current trends, I wish them good luck on passing the "Democracy" step.

Stalin dreamed of a unified continent also

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    USA-like federation will never work in Europe due to the language barrier and individual countries having about a thousand or two years of cultural development under their belt.
    The USA is NOTHING like Europe.
    The US was formed by the same people.
    Europe like you said is thousands of years of development with unique cultures, languages and countries.

Every country in the EU should be running away from this idea AND the EU as fast as possible
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Deleted
    And ppl say the british where stupid to leave

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Rather drastic move but I fully expect the EU will eventually become a superstate.

You know, the UK is itself a superstate. A central government ruling over four NATIONS with a single set of laws, currency, armed forces...
    Fixed dat fo ja.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Self governance.
    Of arbitrarily selected subsets of the human population?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Wow. So basically what, the EU is panicking at the idea of more powerful, economically well-off nations leaving them in the dirt, and so they're trying to pull a USA and make secession impossible? Or at least, some of them are?
    Greece will be their Tasmania. The UK is their Western Australia.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Fixed dat fo ja.
    Wrong way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by trilesch View Post
    And ppl say the british where stupid to leave
    Those people are right.

Of arbitrarily selected subsets of the human population?
    I'm not understanding how it's arbitrary. Europe is made up of many different cultures and ethnicities who have lived in the same regions for hundreds of years.

Is it arbitrary for the Danes to want to make laws for Denmark where the Danish people have lived for over 1,000 years?

Just because you say something is arbitrary doesn't mean it actually is.

What is so important about our arbitrary distinctions based on lines on the map drawn decades if not centuries ago by long dead people?
    It's kind of hard to formulate a response to this aside from WTF. But I should be used to ever more bold globalist left wingers saying ridiculous shit by now.

Maybe we should go the other way if it's so important, splitting countries up into smaller countries? Why not start with the US, it's way too big to be a single entity.
    There's millions who would take you up on that offer, including me. Our federal government is a monster which undermines local government any chance it gets, instigates wars for corporate and globalist interests, blackmails states after getting them hooked on grant money, among other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was something the remain people said would never happen.

Every country should raise the voting age to 30
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Polish TVP reached 9-page document that is to be presented to the members of Visegrad Group in today's meeting with German minister of foreign affairs Frank-Walter Steinmeier. The document presents a consensus reached in recent post-Brexit meeting of most influential EU countries' leaders, and outlines the future of EU as a single superstate, including:

- Federal army and special forces, single countries not allowed to have their own army (like in USA)
    - Unification of penal law and tax system.
    - Euro as the only allowed currency.
    - Unified travel visa system.
    - Unified foreign politiciss, with reduced role of NATO.

The link to original article: (in polish)
    http://www.tvp.info/25939371/nasz-ne...ncji-i-niemiec

Majority of most important media in poland are all beginning to talk about this.

Polish minister of foreign affairs Witold Waszczykowski confirms the existence of document:
    http://www.tvp.info/25939623/waszczy...dzielenie-unii

Edit: adding link to original document in english:
    http://www.tvp.info/25939587/europej...nalny-dokument
    Assuming this document is genuine, your spin on this sounds like bullshit. I can't find any mention of stopping states having individual armies, and it is difficult to see how that would make any sense even if you wanted a federal army. There is no mention of NATO anywhere in the document (ctrl+f).

Next they'll abolish the Royalty in all the countries and have a "President of the Euronited States of Europe" Ruling...

What next, One Person to rule them all, Wearing the One Ring ("My precious")

Deleted
    I'm not completly against the concept. Because certain problems like the international market and corperations, enviremont you either needs more EU or less eu and less interwoven corperate market.

But the way the EU is set up it would be a disaster to make it stronger:
    - It's too much set up to ignore to public and stubornly keep going their desired way.
    - too much influence from lobyists
    - too many countries their are too different economicly.

EU should break up 3 ways or so i think.
    Mediteranian EU: France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece
    Balkan EU: The countries between germany and rusia.
    Central EU: Germany, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Denmark, Scandanavia, Switzerland, Austria,Czech Republic, Belgium, possibly Poland (large list of possible countries, maybe not all and none have to be in it).

Belgium would be in a bind what to join considering its split. France could be a loss since a different voice can be good and their more left than germany/netherlands tends to be.

I'm from Netherlands what I was thought when i was younger was that netherlands is a trading country nto a production country. So we are much more dependant on the EU channeling the trade compared to other countries like UK or Germany. If it wasn't for that i'd probably want Netherlands to leave as well.
    Last edited by mmoc80faeb5a27; 2016-06-27 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Consolidation of power is what the EU was all about.

No sovereignty, no borders, onerous inescapable taxation, more censorship, phasing out national identities, and a giant step toward world government.

People should be terrified and staging armed rebellions at the mere plotting of this.
    Indeed, but the level of idiocy is so high right now most commenting appear fascinated by the thought, its incredible to witness something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Every country should raise the voting age to 30
    So old enough to die for your country, old enough to smoke, but not old enough to participate in politics that can and will affect your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Hitler for a start.
    Trying to conquer world with a military is so crude and passe, nowadays you do it through economical pressure of the richest powers and through political manipulation behind the scenes. "Globalization" ensures you have nowhere to run.

Also, Germany talking all high and mighty about burden of immigrants while it's mostly Mediterranean countries that became the dumpster for all the illegals sailing across the sea from Africa / Asia Minor.

EU in the idea was about solidarity and more developed regions budging in to help the lesser developed ones for higher prosperity overall and bigger strength of the whole EU. Nope, all we get is blaming the countries that are in crisis or poorer (like Ireland, Spain, Greece, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria etc.) while just exploiting the fact they're poorer, indebted, weaker and less developed. Forced common currency will only make economies of countries like Poland even less competitive, as it happened to for example Greece.

What I find shocking is that the European Nations were unwilling to negotiate fully before the Brexit, and now they're making such wild and extreme changes. All I can say is, if this is the case, or was to be the case in the event we stayed, even as a Remain supporter, I'm glad we left.

Europe has gotten too large. It's gotten silly now, and it needs to be toned down a notch, not ramped up.