Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Double XP weekends.

Anyone who ever played BF4 knows what i'm talking about. It can either be a weekend, or a short period where you earn double XP. I love these events in BF, would be pretty nice to have in OW since you have so many damn lvls, and it would be a nice catch-up mechanic for someone whose lagging behind a bit.

Whatcha think? :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Catch up?
    Xp is only good for cosmetics. You're caught up the instant you start the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Catch up?
    Xp is only good for cosmetics. You're caught up the instant you start the game
    Well that's certainly true, but if you're lvl 30 and looking at someone whose lvl 200 you might feel like your're a bit "behind". Or I dunno, better way to get more cosmetics maybe? Just came to think about it before when thinking about BF4. Maybe they could make it so whenever you lvld up during this event/weekend you'd get 5 lootboxes per lvl instead or something.

Just some random fun for the masses!

Deleted
    I'd rather they introduce XP-based incentives for people to play necessary roles. I have roughly 70% on tanks, 20% on healers and the rest awkwardly spread among a few offense and defense heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Well that's certainly true, but if you're lvl 30 and looking at someone whose lvl 200 you might feel like your're a bit "behind". Or I dunno, better way to get more cosmetics maybe? Just came to think about it before when thinking about BF4. Maybe they could make it so whenever you lvld up during this event/weekend you'd get 5 lootboxes per lvl instead or something.

Just some random fun for the masses!
    XP doesn't play in to MMR, if I remember right. I want to say Kaplan said that, but I'm neither going to confirm that nor research it as I'm tired and going to go to bed after this post. But your level is really just time invested and otherwise says very little about skill. You can be a level 200 and still not know what the fuck you're doing. Some people are rather stupid, after all.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    I'd rather they introduce XP-based incentives for people to play necessary roles. I have roughly 70% on tanks, 20% on healers and the rest awkwardly spread among a few offense and defense heroes.
    WTB Call to Arms, 20% bonus XP for filling a missing role during matchmaking. Could be balanced to 20% * ratio of game spent filling that gap (so if a second person also goes support 5min into a 10min game, the 1st support gets a 10% bonus and second gets 0%).
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    it would be a nice catch-up mechanic for someone whose lagging behind a bit.
    You do understand that those whom you're trying to catch up to would get the double XP as well, thus it wouldn't help at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's certainly true, but if you're lvl 30 and looking at someone whose lvl 200 you might feel like your're a bit "behind".
    I don't think so.

The only thing I've seen people feeling "behind" mean thus far is that people are more likely to completely trash talk and rip on every single level 200+ they see as if they're jealous of their levels that mean absolutely nothing for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    WTB Call to Arms, 20% bonus XP for filling a missing role during matchmaking. Could be balanced to 20% * ratio of game spent filling that gap (so if a second person also goes support 5min into a 10min game, the 1st support gets a 10% bonus and second gets 0%).
    One little flaw in this, you dont need all roles. I won games without Tank and Heal, some of them quite easy.
    I know you have these nice little hints on the side but thats what they are, hints. A guideline more then a rule.
    So how do you define "missing role"?

IF they consider doing this at all, they should keep it a flat rate for you, and not give you more based on which character you play (for whatever reason).
    I can already see the games on the weekend becoming a cesspool is people 'farming exp' (not sure why anyone would do that, but for the sake of argument) and playing characters they don't know how to play.

They should reward things that improve team play, not the individual. ANY incentive to play for yourself instead of the team will degrade the quality of the gaming experience because you'll lose focus on what the game is about: TEAM play. If anything, they should reward people for grouping up. Oh wait, you already get 20% extra exp from that

Either way, the only thing exp is good for is boxes and cosmetics. If you desperately want more boxes, either play more or buy them. That way it won't affect the queues, groups and games.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Deleted
    I think everyone would like to have XP weekends but there's absolutely no way they are gonna do it. Players buying loot boxes is their main way of making money long-term. Why would they do XP weekends when it would just hurt their income?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I don't think so.

The only thing I've seen people feeling "behind" mean thus far is that people are more likely to completely trash talk and rip on every single level 200+ they see as if they're jealous of their levels that mean absolutely nothing for some reason.
    Not saying i'm jealous of people at those lvls, not at all. It's awesome that they've gotten that far. But yea, as I said before, I at least really enjoy these things in BF4 and I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be revolving around pure XP only. Could be anything. But yea, just fun to see what people have to say about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You do understand that those whom you're trying to catch up to would get the double XP as well, thus it wouldn't help at all.
    Yea I guess for those who play a lot more it's gonna be stupid, true true. But even though lvls doesn't really mean anything, I still think it feels kinda awesome the more you lvl for some reason... like i'm almost lvl 100, so it feels like i've achieved something in a way. But yea maybe it's just me :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying i'm jealous of people at those lvls, not at all. It's awesome that they've gotten that far. But yea, as I said before, I at least really enjoy these things in BF4 and I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be revolving around pure XP only. Could be anything. But yea, just fun to see what people have to say about it.
    Oh, my comment wasn't towards you at all. I play with a few 200+ players, and I've seen 200+ players in other games that I don't know, and in pretty much every single match someone pre-level 100 is bashing them. Was even talking with a few people on the Overwatch reddit that basically confirmed the same. They're past level 200, they are actually SURPRISED if they get to play a match where they don't get shit talked by someone and told that they have no life, are virgins, etc etc etc.

I'm nearly there myself, at level 179, and not looking forward to it. It got annoying for sure a few weeks back when people mostly weren't 100 yet and every match it would either be "What's that star under your name?" or people calling me a no lifer.

I'd appreciate anything to kind of "spice it up" like 10% better chance to get a epic or legendary item in your loot boxes this weekend or something. Weekly brawls don't really do it for me and the only thing required from leveling is getting to 25 for competitive mode, which is easy enough.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wish they didn't put any sort of level in the game, and made loot boxes rewards for doing challenges

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I kinda wish they didn't put any sort of level in the game, and made loot boxes rewards for doing challenges
    What kind of challenges? Would they be available constantly, and could you re-do them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What kind of challenges? Would they be available constantly, and could you re-do them?
    Thinking weekly challenges (ex. Win three brawl matches) character specific (land 10 head shots in a round as WM) daily (win 10 rounds in a day)

Definitely should be repeatable to some degree

I like the idea of having 100% more exp during the weekends. Liked this events in Diablo and i think they will work good in Overwatch.

Yeah, I would be fine with it precisely because it doesn't mean much. I'm not sure whether or not Blizz would want to do it (might cut into box sales) but it wouldn't surprise me to see it.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

yea when a game has zero unlocks (except for those stupid loot crates), there's absolutely no reason to offer things like Double XP.

You get that type of Promotion in CoD and Battlefield so that yea, the new players can quickly gain some new weapons, skins, and attachments. Even helps guys at level 50 to get those last few things they've been fighting towards acquiring.

But Overwatch gives you everything it has to offer from your very first match, and if anything, double xp could actually hurt new players. Because what happens when you just power leveled from 1 - 40 in your first day, and now you're being matched up with/against level 40+ players who've been playing on/off for over a month. Than you're complaining that you keep getting out played by those guys because you have 2 hours of gameplay vs their 25-30 hours.

It's a nice concept, but it just doesn't work in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    They should just remove the level display, make it a personal shit, just like yours stats in matches.
    Yea I swear levels in this game are just to try and boost the individual players ego.
    It's been more and more common these days where my buddies and I are round the 50's and play a team filled with level 100+ guys, yet we still kick their ass like it's nothing.

Granted we lose matches vs the same groups too, but that's no different from any other matches with any other levels lol.

So it's like any video game, where you can have a super high level, but it still doesn't mean that you also have a very high skill level in the game. Could just easily mean you played more hours than others. lol