Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightflare View Post
    How much has WoD saved you in sub fees?

over 200€. by not playing for over a year because wod doesnt have any content i could play even if i wanted to.
    I was pretty sure this is what the thread would be about... I dont really like tokens myself, I like to keep the moneh and moneh seperated so I bravely pay my sub :#

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a damned penny! We pay roughly $5 US for one block of time, 2,700 minutes. Time has been running over 80,000 gold. I don't see it as efficient to spend that much for less than two days of game time.

I don't know if it is a quirk of our servers, or if I somehow didn't get the memo on how to profit from garrisons, but I'm also not finding them nearly as quick or profitable as they are usually described here.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Blizzard gets their cut, I saved a bunch of money, some other poor sap spent a bunch of money on meaningless gold.
    If it makes you happy it's not meaningless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm over gold cap again so I could definitely buy tokens instead of paying for subs... but... I don't want to. I'd rather have the gold frankly.
    Man after my own heart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Not a damned penny! We pay roughly $5 US for one block of time, 2,700 minutes. Time has been running over 80,000 gold. I don't see it as efficient to spend that much for less than two days of game time.

I don't know if it is a quirk of our servers, or if I somehow didn't get the memo on how to profit from garrisons, but I'm also not finding them nearly as quick or profitable as they are usually described here.
    When people hype up garrisons and quote 6+ digit figures they have alts.

~7 hours a week (more if I do pet battle daily) = minimum of 100k a week, good weeks (when I'm not being lazy) are double that in just liquid gold. Sometimes people like to quote "cute" figures, if they got 10 Champion's Honor missions (10k+ per), 11 Blingtron missions (4k per), etc. Then they'll say they make 500k a week because they made it once.
    Last edited by Drusyn; 2016-06-28 at 07:15 AM.

10 minutes a day is a grind? I do it while drinking coffee and browsing reddit while I drink my morning coffee. Never once have I said "man I wish I didn't spend 10 minutes doing that". I don't need the gold for anything other than free playtime. It's of no consequence to me if someone feels 40k gold is worth $20. Honestly with how easy it is to get gold, I think it's pretty silly to waste money like that. But to each their own.
    For me it is much much much much easier to pay in € for my subscription which takes me not even an hour a month sitting in the office then generate that amount of gold ingame. I never had much gold - i'm sitting on somewhere between 20-100k always and don't have the knowledge nor the time nor something else to play the ah or the toons to set up a garrison which is able to produce such amounts of gold.

I think everyone should think a moment or two what is the best way for him and after he's done that there should be no need to call somebody stupid for spending his valuable time or money in the way it is working best for him. (the last sentence is maybe more an answer to others in this thread then to you in person )

Greetings

Edit: Played WoD at the beginning for a Month, another Month in September an now at the moment 2 Months. The rest of the time was without subscription if thats what you want to hear The Hardcore Times are over.
    Last edited by Thalanos; 2016-06-28 at 10:11 AM.

I have like 2.5 million gold and still pay my $15 a month

As others have said, likely around $200 or more. And just think, it's going to keep saving us money by making WoW F2P, because those of us who know how to make money and not waste it, will likely never need to worry about subs ever again. There's alotta people stockpiling gold right now, waiting for a drop in the token prices, which is predicted to come .. to buy the max tokens they can. I'm planning on it too.

Plus, with BLIZ calling off the "one expac per year" which would have likely driven many to quit anyway, we're back to getting 2 years for $60 or so, each time, which makes WoW the best game per dollar spent.

Which is good, 'cause LEGION Beta is playin' really badly right now, haha. Glad I don't have to pay for it past the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enogh money to buy 20 games since i quit this game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD saved me alot of money. I was unsubbed for like a year so thats around 145 Euro.

10+ Year Old Account
    1k maybe across my 3 acc. Blizzard gets money (one token is always generated by real money), I save money, love the token.
    Hope they expand the system further.

A lot. I cancelled my account a few months into this worthless expansion and never looked back.

Blizzard gets their cut, I saved a bunch of money, some other poor sap spent a bunch of money on meaningless gold.
    I wouldn't call myself a sap, I've been grinding 4 l3 garrisons for months, with the inns and have only got to about 150k or so. Now at the same time I made a fuck ton of ember weave bags, grinded old instances and everything. Anyways I sent all to my bank alt logged out, few rl things happened, then exams and I completely forgot. Needless to say lost about 100k in items in the mail.

So to replenish that, I bought a token and sold it for 92k, now the reason I needed 200k was to buy a cm gold boost, which I have. Now I have a title, a mount and all the cm weps (they get unlocked for all chars in legion) and all of that is getting locked down in less than two months. I'll take a gamble and say all of that, at a future date will add more than 15 gbp to my account value, for when I properly finish wow, I'll be selling it. So long story short, it's a investment

Deleted
    Let's just say I did not pay for more than 2 months.

Deleted
    hmmm I don't play since Dec'15 but that month was paid with gold by my friend because he needed a tank for raids so.... quite a lot I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn
    When people hype up garrisons and quote 6+ digit figures they have alts.
    Hmmm... good points. There are alts and then there are alts. I think I'm only running about 23 myself, and it seems that may actually be on the light side. I suppose that I have less sense of money rolling in by the bucket since I don't tend to focus on total income per account.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Not a penny.I'm not willing to waste nearly 100 k gold for a month of game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    However much 1 year is worth.

There is simply no reason for someone like me to play wow. The Bulk PVP content added for warlords was Ashran which felt forced and was terrible. Very quickly they increased the number of broken bones required for a turn in at the sanctum and nerfed the rewards. The 1 pvp building the first garrison structure I made sure to build Asap.

I don't like professions never have, they aren't fun but WOD took them not being fun to a whole new level.

I don't Raid so when I don't have an Arena team I am extremely bored. I have multiple characters and multiple characters that are 100 I can't bring myself to level anymore.

That leaves pet battles and clearing old raids, doing old quests and collecting mounts which I did do a fair bit of before the end of my time in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletal Sorcerer View Post
    the wow token is a big part of why I dont play anymore. How could I ever justify paying for a sub again knowing other people are playing for free?
    You can play for free too, it isn't exactly rocket science to make enough gold per month to buy 1 token.
    Hi Sephurik

I bought enough tokens to last me through 2018.

And I still have over 500k..

I found the silver lining with WoD.

By spending 10 minutes a day doing garrisons, I've made enough gold to pay for about 16 months of game time.

WoD actually saved me about $250 in sub fees.

In a cost to fun ratio, this makes WoD the best expansion ever. If I subtract the cost of buying WoD, I am still $200 ahead.
    How much time did you spend to set up the machinary to allow to you earn the gold required by doing garrisons 10 minutes a day? How money do you think other people would have earned for the same amount of time you invested into your garrision?