Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    I hope that they make his MOP raid boss incarnation with the corrupted Gorehowl (Xal'atoh??) His trait could be similar to Kael'thas, in that he empowers (corrupts) his basic abilities.
    I'm pretty sure they'll try to bring his Y'shaarj form and Iron Star into his kit somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Grom should be a skin for Garrosh.
    Neither should be a skin for the other. They're two legendary characters that played huge roles in the story of Warcraft, and they are different enough from each other that they don't overlap in silhouette or potential kits etc. The 4chan leak confirmed both are WIP, but nowhere near release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Neither should be a skin for the other. They're two legendary characters that played huge roles in the story of Warcraft, and they are different enough from each other that they don't overlap in silhouette or potential kits etc. The 4chan leak confirmed both are WIP, but nowhere near release.
    They're both orc warriors who use the exact same weapon and may or may not have corruption-related abilities.

Grommash is Garrosh with hair and a green goo ult instead of purple goo one.

They're both orc warriors who use the exact same weapon and may or may not have corruption-related abilities.

Grommash is Garrosh with hair and a green goo ult instead of purple goo one.
    Grommash is more slender and has long hair, and possibly green skin if they go for the WC3 version. Garrosh is very bulky, bald and has brown skin. The fact that they're both warriors is hardly relevant seeing how we also have 2 orc shamans in the game already. The only thing they share is their last name and the weapon, the latter can easily be resolved by giving Garrosh the corrupted Gorehowl or letting either of them dual wield axes (both Garrosh and Grom have done so before using Gorehowl). Garrosh can easily have a kit based around OG corruption and Iron Star technology while Grom could be more of a traditional orc warrior.

Grommash is more slender and has long hair, and possibly green skin if they go for the WC3 version. Garrosh is very bulky, bald and has brown skin. The fact that they're both warriors is hardly relevant seeing how we also have 2 orc shamans in the game already. The only thing they share is their last name and the weapon, the latter can easily be resolved by giving Garrosh the corrupted Gorehowl or letting either of them dual wield axes (both Garrosh and Grom have done so before using Gorehowl). Garrosh can easily have a kit based around OG corruption and Iron Star technology while Grom could be more of a traditional orc warrior.
    And Widowmaker looks nothing like Nova, and could have had a completely unique kit if they felt like she deserved one.

But a futuristic sniper is a futuristic sniper, and an orc warrior with an axe is an orc warrior with an axe. Skins already change characters completely, so one being more slender, green or having long hair doesn't make him any less likely to be a mere skin.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-07-12 at 03:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And Widowmaker looks nothing like Nova, and could have had a completely unique kit if they felt like she deserved one.

But a futuristic sniper is a futuristic sniper, and an orc warrior with an axe is an orc warrior with an axe. Skins already change characters completely, so one being more slender, green or having long hair doesn't make him any less likely to be a mere skin.
    There was a Gul'dan skin for Azmo, but Gul'dan is still a hero.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Would be cool. I'm fearful they'll make him like a Thrall skin or something. Ever since the Nova Widowmaker skin, I'm concerned they'll just start copy/pasting heroes like that. :\
    Horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    There was a Gul'dan skin for Azmo, but Gul'dan is still a hero.
    No, there was Guldan-themed skin for Azmodan. It was still a 6 legged hulking body with claws and stuff, which in no way interferes with the silhouette of the hunchback Guldan himself. Nova's skin is literally widowmaker. If she became a hero, a player would be literally unable to distinct between them.
    2 Orcs with an axe, with similar attire, and even from the same family aren't distinct enough, I feel. They already made that mistake with Tychus and Raynor (which they themselves admitted).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    They already made that mistake with Tychus and Raynor (which they themselves admitted).
    Especially after the Tychus rework.

In that teaser it is more a reference to Street Fighter than hots.

Nova is already a problem case balance wise. I think that has far more to do with them not bothering to make Widowmaker into a full character than them looking alike. That being said, the problem is that Nova and Widowmaker's silhouette are exactly the same, which is not the case with Garrosh and Grom aside from their weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci Fi Samurai View Post
    Would be cool. I'm fearful they'll make him like a Thrall skin or something. Ever since the Nova Widowmaker skin, I'm concerned they'll just start copy/pasting heroes like that. :\
    Garrosh and Grom are far more popular characters than Widowmaker. I seriously doubt they'd do either of them a disservice by making them a mere skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    No, there was Guldan-themed skin for Azmodan. It was still a 6 legged hulking body with claws and stuff, which in no way interferes with the silhouette of the hunchback Guldan himself. Nova's skin is literally widowmaker. If she became a hero, a player would be literally unable to distinct between them.
    2 Orcs with an axe, with similar attire, and even from the same family aren't distinct enough, I feel. They already made that mistake with Tychus and Raynor (which they themselves admitted).
    Rehgar and Thrall are pretty much identical body-type and skin color wise. They still managed to make them look distinguished from each other.

Either way, the 4chan leak guy already confirmed both Hellscreams are being worked on so I don't even know why we're discussing it.

Garrosh and Grom are far more popular characters than Widowmaker. I seriously doubt they'd do either of them a disservice by making them a mere skin.
    Agreed, but I still would have thought of Widowmaker as popular enough to warrant her own character. I'd say she's second to Tracer, at least in recognizable OW characters.
    Horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I'm kind of sad they aren't doing like a legion promo, glad they're adding in Gul'dan but would've liked to see Varian/Vol'jin aswell (After all, we do need a troll hero!)
    If the leak is correct, Varian is within the next batch of 3 heroes (Blademaster, Auriel and Varian).

Quote Originally Posted by Sci Fi Samurai View Post
    Agreed, but I still would have thought of Widowmaker as popular enough to warrant her own character. I'd say she's second to Tracer, at least in recognizable OW characters.
    Oh I agree, I didn't agree with making Widowmaker a skin either but it's far more acceptable than turning either of the Hellscreams into a skin.

If the leak is correct, Varian is within the next batch of 3 heroes (Blademaster, Auriel and Varian).
    Leak? What? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Leak? What? Where?
    There's a guy on 4chan who has been surprisingly accurate with leaks. I'm not on top of what's promised next but so far it's holding true from what I understeand.