Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Scotland] Sturgeon is being too divisve at a time nation needs unity

SCOTLAND

What an opportunity to spearhead the unity of a nation and show positive leadership when so many are not, yet Nicola Sturgeon chooses instead to attempt to rally Scotland for a second vote of independence leaving me very suspicious of her true intentions and motives and exposing where her heart lies.

How can you truly want independence if you want to be a part of the EU and not a part of Britain? To me this exposes her as actually an Anglophobe - English hate, and not a true voice for independence at all.

If you truly had the real interests of the nation at heart rather than hating the English, you would realize and accept you are part of a nation that needs unity and strength and you would be calling for it nationwide not just country wide. Because Scotland voted remain, no one in the nation would hold that you were remain against you, unlike counterparts in England or Wales which would have been an opportunity for her to lead Britain.

But she has shown where her heart lies in this, it was never about independence, it was always about separation from Britain.

Scotland voted to remain a part of the UK, in the Scottish referendum, that was the Scottish people's decision when that question was asked to them. The nation voted to leave the EU, when the decision was asked on whether we wanted to be a part of that body or not. That more people in Scotland preferred to remain in the EU does not mean they would prefer to be apart from Britain, Scotland did vote to remain a part of the United Kingdom, what this move by the SNP shows is that Nicola Sturgeon and her party don't want England. So because London, or Northern Ireland or Manchester or Cambridge all voted to stay in they must also ask for independence? That's the flawed logic, coming from a Leader! It's either incompetent or simply just shows where her heart truly lies, Union independence, and makes this a shameful ploy to use the confusion in the wake of Brexit exposing her has cold, manipulative and not truly in the best interest of her people.

That is sooo divisive, at a time the nation needs to come together. Shame on you Nicola, you were hiding your hatred behind rhetoric of "the country's best interest" but you have exposed yourself and shown your hand. I don't trust her at all. And she is doing Britain and Scotland a diservice.

Nicola Sturgeon has played her hand far too soon. And taken the shock and confusion of half of the nation to mean this her chance, and in such she has blundered horribly.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-06-25 at 05:37 PM.

This whole thing just reads like you're being afraid that Scotland might actually leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why not? The UK had its chance to leave the EU, because it did not wanted to stay. I say its fair to Scotland to have the same chance as well, given that the previous referendum was decided by the membership of the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Westminster will not agree to any new referendum at this moment, so it seems a bit pointless to ask for one, especially as there is no actual mandate to hold one.

Can you imagine if Sturgeon came out on Monday and said "We're going to leave the UK. We're going to build a wall, and we're going to make the English pay for it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Why not? The UK had its chance to leave the EU, because it did not wanted to stay. I say its fair to Scotland to have the same chance as well, given that the previous referendum was decided by the membership of the EU.
    Can you provide proof that the previous referendum was decided by membership of the EU? That seems more like an opinion to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Can you imagine if Sturgeon came out on Monday and said "We're going to leave the UK. We're going to build a wall, and we're going to make the English pay for it."
    There already is a wall.

Well its unfair for the Scottish people to pay for Cameron's idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There already is a wall.
    I think Scotland gaining the English territory north of Hadrian's Wall might be asking a bit much.

Maybe they can give the second one a subtitle.

Maybe: Hadrian's Wall 2: Bricking It.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-06-25 at 05:33 PM.

You clearly don't understand the issue at all.

Scotland wants to be in the EU. Scotland overwhelmingly voted to remain the EU. Scotland has been dragged out by England, very much against their wishes.

An independent Scotland can join the EU because that's their choice. They can then leave it later if they want, because it remains their choice. Scotland's major beef has always been that their desires are overruled by the England due to the population size differences, and this is a prime example of that in action. Anyone with an ounce of political nous knew a secondy Indyref was inevitable in the event of Brexit, and this time they will almost certainly leave.

McGuinness is already pushing for a united Ireland referendum now (Northern Ireland voted Remain), and it won't be long before those rumblings start in Wales too.

In 20 years the UK might be completely gone, with every member nation going it alone.
    Last edited by Drutt; 2016-06-25 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    No words even need to be added, but I'll do it anyway.... (Guess I shouldn't insult you, OP)... I fully support Scotland leaving this union, and I hope they are again given the opportunity to do so, if that's what they want.

You know that thing a day ago where half the nation monged out because decisions were being made on their behalf by people they didn't vote for? Yeah, you don't get to tell Scotland they're not allowed to do some monging out of their own.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-06-25 at 05:40 PM.

Can you provide proof that the previous referendum was decided by membership of the EU? That seems more like an opinion to me.

- - - Updated - - -

There already is a wall.
    To be fair ...it is little more than a marker/line of a territorial nature rather than a wall...barely a hurdle now days.
    Using that definition the US has had a "wall" for a very long time already...not nearly as old though

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Scotland gaining the English territory north of Hadrian's Wall might be asking a bit much.
    There are two walls.

The land between them is an uncharted wasteland, likely populated by monsters.

The land between them is an uncharted wasteland, likely populated by monsters.
    We call them Geordies.

Not 100% geographically accurate I know, but allow me the estimation
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-06-25 at 05:37 PM.

I think Scotland feels stronger in some sort of union.
    But they are considering "the devil they know" with the EU, rather than the uncertain future with England without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    We call them Geordies.
    The Toon Army is just a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Scotland was given an opportunity and it chose. It chose to remain part of the UK. The UK referendum was not a referendum on the EU. That's a different thing altogether, Scotland and the rest of the nations of Great Britain have tight union, Britian and the EU are a different matter, (I don't think Britain ever fully threw itself behind the EU in the 41 years of its membership - and lets not forget the EU is not a country, it's an affliation atm.)

One does not simply walk into Newcastle. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Toons. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.

Anyway.....

This was to be expected. Especially if there was strong Scottish support for remain.
    I don't think the SNP thought we'd actually get to a brexit referendum, otherwise they would surely have tried to put off the first Scottish independence referendum until afterwards.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-06-25 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume.
    That's the spray on fake tan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/caK9VTT.png
    http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo...j_700b_v1.jpgz

Infracted- Image responses are not allowed
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-06-25 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the SNP thought we'd actually get to a brexit referendum, otherwise they would surely have tried to put off the first Scottish independence referendum until afterwards.
    They shot their load too soon, silly Scots.