Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Berserker View Post
    Just shows what a vapid award that "Woman of Courage" is.
    I am not sure which is worse, giving the award to a pathological liar who couldn't prove guilt and tried to destroy a man's life or giving that kind of award to a guy who gets implants and his penis chopped off who then runs over someone and got no criminal punishment for it.

Deleted
    I don't think anyone is surprised

Mainstream feminism is a hate movement against men and she scored a blow against men with her false rape accusations and "art"

It's amazing she can claim oppression while being rewarded for ruining an innocent person's life

It's also sort of ironically proves we don't live in a rape culture: we live in a "false rape accusation culture", where false rape accusations are not only normalised but quite literally celebrated
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-06-27 at 09:52 PM.

Ah sweet. They're rewarding her for being a lying cunt that destroyed a person's life for fame and did untold damage to rape accusations being taken seriously. I hope Obama congratulates her again.

Also, Woman of Courage. Sounds vapid, mastubatory and meaningless. A perfect comparison to feminism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It depends what your preconceptions are going in. People have a tendency to hear what they want to hear and listen to outlets that reinforce them. This story can be heard as either, same guy accused three times but system so messed up that no one can get him, or crazy girl accuses guy for attention. The goal isn't necessarily to get more converts but to just get the people who agree with you to feel more passionate about it, and those people tend to only listen to one side of the story.
    How can it be seen both ways?

The guy was innocent on all accounts because the investigations proved it was close to impossible for this to have happened.

Well, I suppose it does take a certain form of courage to just lie your ass off in such a public way. I know I couldn't do it.

It depends what your preconceptions are going in. People have a tendency to hear what they want to hear and listen to outlets that reinforce them. This story can be heard as either, same guy accused three times but system so messed up that no one can get him, or crazy girl accuses guy for attention. The goal isn't necessarily to get more converts but to just get the people who agree with you to feel more passionate about it, and those people tend to only listen to one side of the story.
    The other two people recanted and admitted they were pressured into making it up.

It's not a false rape claim, it just couldn't be proven, his word against hers.

A false claim is made because of vengeance or blackmail or something like that, there has to be a motive.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It COULD be proven that they didn't happen.

It was her word against THE LAW.

If you only pay attention to the facts that support your side. Clearly the National Organization for Women disagrees with your interpretation of the facts. Quote from the president of the organization, ""Sulkowicz did what many rape victims cannot do; she channeled her fear into a public demonstration and brought attention to her rapist's despicable act and highly inadequate punishment."

It's my opinion that she's totally wrong, but the key thing here is the intellectual dishonesty of organizations that just try to spin events in favor of whatever cause they're supporting. I'll say it again: what actually happened doesn't matter to them.
    I'm sorry, but I think three different investigations BY THE LAW are a little more knowledgeable about rape and sexual assault crimes, and Harassment WHEN THE MAN WAS NOT EVEN IN THE COUNTRY

Than the National Organization for women.

They are wrong, that is not opinion, that is FACT.

10+ Year Old Account

A false claim is made because of vengeance or blackmail or something like that, there has to be a motive.

Worldwide recognition......congratulations for bravery......credibility in her chosen line of work....etc etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this chick release a sex tape eventually after this whole rape ordeal? Something just seems way off with her. I don't know the details about the rape thing, if it happened or if it didn't happen, but something is way off with her, although I do feel bad if she is telling the truth.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you only pay attention to the facts that support your side. Clearly the National Organization for Women disagrees with your interpretation of the facts. Quote from the president of the organization, ""Sulkowicz did what many rape victims cannot do; she channeled her fear into a public demonstration and brought attention to her rapist's despicable act and highly inadequate punishment."

It's my opinion that she's totally wrong, but the key thing here is the intellectual dishonesty of organizations that just try to spin events in favor of whatever cause they're supporting. I'll say it again: what actually happened doesn't matter to them.
    And this kids, is why at 29 years old, I am fucking happily single. This is the kind of example of why this whole world is fucked in the head and that people who think falsely accusing someone of rape only to be proven by the law to be completely innocent, is why women are fucking psycho these days. How does anyone trust someone who can so easily accuse you of wrongdoing if they made a bad decision, because ultimately that is what this boils down to. So many cases are men being accused of rape by women who chose to get drunk or chose to have sex with some guy they never met. If people want to whine about society having less and less kids and more people staying single, this is as good of a reason as any.

10+ Year Old Account

Technically, yes... But there are a lot of things that kinda indicate that it was a false claim, such as:

Throughout the investigation, Mattress Girl, repeatedly changed her story and did not cooperate with authorities. She cited previous allegations against Nungesser as "evidence" of a history of sexual violence. All previous allegations against Nungesser were made by a close friend of hers and also were completely unsubstantiated and ultimately dismissed. Sulkowicz also claims that she lived in 'constant fear of encountering her rapist' Nungesser in the 2014 Spring semester (following the alleged attack) despite the fact that he was studying abroad in Europe, which she was aware of.
    Even if it was not a false rape claim per se, the way she presented her case was truly atrocious, not leaving much room for interpretation.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this chick release a sex tape eventually after this whole rape ordeal? Something just seems way off with her. I don't know the details about the rape thing, if it happened or if it didn't happen, but something is way off with her, although I do feel bad if she is telling the truth.
    Not just released it with the flimsy lie of calling it art. But had time stamps of when she said the rape occurred in it. And then blurred out because she's obviously innocent.

So guilty no matter what then.

It was not proven there was rape and it could be proven there was no rape.

Her word vs The LAW and the law won.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Is she that chick who brought her hugging pillow to campus as sign of protest ? If so, those rewards couldn't make worse choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Is she that chick who brought her hugging pillow to campus as sign of protest ? If so, those rewards couldn't make worse choice.
    Mattress but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It was a mattress and yes.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I don't think anyone is surprised

Mainstream feminism is a hate movement against men and she scored a blow against men with her false rape accusations and "art"

It's amazing she can claim oppression while being rewarded for ruining an innocent person's life

It's also sort of ironically proves we don't live in a rape culture: we live in a "false rape accusation culture", where false rape accusations are not only normalised but quite literally celebrated
    I think there's also a fair bit of, "well, I don't really know what happened, but I was super drunk and I feel bad/wronged today, so I'm uneasy about it" that gets rounded up to rape because of the psychotic campus culture that insists on telling women that they should get blackout drunk and have sex, but that if they get blackout drunk, have sex, and aren't happy after the fact that it was rape. In these cases, I don't blame the "victim" as I think it's quite possible that they mostly do feel wronged, and I frankly think they are wronged, but not by evil rapists, but a broken campus culture.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Yeah, she said it was a reenactment of her "rape"