Poll: If you had the option, would you:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What if we advance space exploration and planet colonization technology to realistic levels? Overpopulation is an issue now because of our finite space and resources available in this single planet.

As for the OP's question, diseases. Reduce health care rates and can focus our attention on other matters. Not even sure how hunger can be "cured", would it be some single pill that sustains a being for their entire life?
    Or we could create a device that shrinks all of the people on the planet by 50% instantly making the world a much larger place!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If diseases didn't exist, people who were ill now have more money to feed themselves and the resources being used to cure and/ or treat diseases could be spent on other endeavors, including food.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I call it the lack of food machine. The less you feed people quality nutrition the shorter they tend to be.
    Walmart must have found a way around this. I have seen some giants in height and width that only eat things from a box, can or wrapper that is also loaded with sugar.

15+ Year Old Account
    I took neither because we are already overtaxing the earth. We are giving birth way too much compared to the amount that is dying. If that is fixed then I would probably cure all diseases.

Unless I am terminal sick then of course I would cure all diseases with no care of what would happen

7+ Year Old Account
    Neither.

I'd pull the USA out of the U.N. NATO, NAFTA, and shitcan all trade "agreements".

Next up I'd deport all illegals (not immigrants for the illiterate among us) to wherever they came from.

Then I would think long and hard bout nuking the entire middle east, Israel and Saudi Arabia included.

Then I would ? have a nice cold Sam Adams beer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The planet suffers from obesity issues at the same time as starvation. So we certainly have the food, getting it to people and keeping a little from some is the problem. Which ever problem you magically fix, hunger or disease you end up creating a larger problem of over population.
    There is no problem with overpopulation. Im most western countries, people arent actually having enough children. We could just close the borders if it ever becomes a problem.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Well diseases are something you cant really do anything about. Sometimes you're just unlucky. Hunger on the other hand.. I think it's safe to say I or anyone I personally know will never know hunger.

To me personally it's not even a choice. Getting rid of something that might kill me, people I love.. people in my country vs something somewhere that already has a cure. If Ill ever meet and come to care about someone suffering from hunger, I could just feed them. Problem solved. So I think curing diseases would be the only sensible choice as it's something we can't do now even if we wanted to.
    You're completely right. I was just sarcastically answering the post I quoted.

Hungry kids drive me insane - homeless and living in poverty. It's the thing I would work on if I had more choice in my current career. It's why I don't understand how anyone can care about saving animals (dogs and cats and such, not endangered species - if that makes sense).

15+ Year Old Account
    We produce more food in the world than we need, hunger is a problem of logistics - getting produced food to people.

Diseases on the other hand, that's way more important in terms of saving more lives, reducing harm, and not to mention - a lot of food is lost to diseases - eliminating all diseases would further increase the food supply.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    There is no problem with overpopulation. Im most western countries, people arent actually having enough children. We could just close the borders if it ever becomes a problem.
    If there was no disease that would change overnight. Closing the borders doesn't do much if the need of the world for different resources sky rockets due to more ppl living then those issues effect us all borders or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunger has been cured. Disease notsomuch.

There is enough food produced that no one should go hungry. The only reason there is starvation is because of shitty people and a shitty distribution, especially in third world countries (though its a disgrace that people can starve here in the US.)
    Putin khuliyo

C. Neither. Overpopulation is going to be bad enough. The last thing we need is the number growing exponentially faster.

Every fifteen seconds a child dies because of hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, and suddenly the cost of food raises 1000x because there's only but so much of it to go around. Without those deaths from disease the population explodes and the food supply becomes even more strained, leading to millions starving to death the world over.
    And?

Both choices are impossible and would ultimately lead to something pretty bad, namely population explosions. Let's not pretend that this is anything but a whimsical little game.