Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magnognomus View Post
    I would rather see a system like this:

If you run a normal dungeon you have let say 10% chance to get a special token, 20% on heroic and %30 on mythic. The token itself gives you upgrade to a gear item. It can be anything between 5-15 ilvl. Even the token can be random for example: Shoulder update only. That would make fare more sence imao. Getting a new gear (if) with the correct stat (if) with higher ilvl (if) is to much of a randomness. The way is planned is failed already. I'll not go down to run heroic dungenons to see if I get lucky and get better gear. I don't care. I never played lotto never will. That's me. This is too random in my eyes to even consider to waste time on it. Sorry Blizzard bad idea.
    That is cool, it is not why the system is here, it is not so that you can farm it and get that item you wanted. It is so, that if you run heroic dungeons while helping a friend, or as part of your gearing process, you might get lucky and get a piece with +20ilvl, maybe more or just +5. It is random and low probability especially because they don't want ppl to farm it.

It is easier, if you're a ok player, to run Mythic+ all week and be sure to get an item with the minimum ilvl of the M+ level you're selected (+ maybe upgrades too).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Mythic+ loot is weekly too, 1 loot box a week based on the highest level done that week.
    Per instance, or overall ?

- - - Updated - - -

See Diablo 3, people bot to get the loot they need to get on the ladder. Some people bot just to get the keystone so they can play with their friends in Greater Rifts.
    They'll get ban eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrs View Post
    That is cool, it is not why the system is here, it is not so that you can farm it and get that item you wanted. It is so, that if you run heroic dungeons while helping a friend, or as part of your gearing process, you might get lucky and get a piece with +20ilvl, maybe more or just +5. It is random and low probability especially because they don't want ppl to farm it.

It is easier, if you're a ok player, to run Mythic+ all week and be sure to get an item with the minimum ilvl of the M+ level you're selected (+ maybe upgrades too).

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, they'll be banned just like all those PvP bots. /sarcasm
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrs View Post

- - - Updated - - -

1) Cannot find anything about it... but even per instance that's not that much loot in comparison to endless trys at heroic.

2) Yes they will, causing the sub number to drop further. So giving people reasons to bot is quite the bad idea.

So, loot rng heaped upon the loot rng we already have and complain about...this can't possibly go wrong or generate even more backlash right? /sarcasm

Yes I'm one of the ones who're regretting their Legion purchase even more. If it weren't for the fact I'll be paying my sub only through gold, I'd probably be even more annoyed. And I guess instead of making more reasonable ilvls and numbers like the original purpose of the squish was in re-balancing, they now just have the mindset to re-squish every couple of expansions it seems, otherwise I'd never imagine ilvl 900 loot nearly just by the end of the 1st raid set.
    Last edited by xezar; 2016-06-28 at 02:21 PM.

This sucks. Cant wait to farm dungeon x for ridiculously OP trinket y not only until it drops, but until it also gets decent ilvl...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still of opinion that RNG has no place in an MMO tied to Weekly/Daily lockouts. In Diablo you can farm your heart out as much as you want, aim at that 1 piece of gear you're after, in WoW this is not the case.
    It gives me, and a lot of people it seems, not more incentive to run that "old" content, but less, since the odds are so low to actually get an upgrade and we prefer to know the gearing path we take. There is nothing "fun and compelling/exiting" at running content for days/weeks on end and not getting that piece you worked for, while someone who barely logs in does end up getting it due to that RNG luck.
    Before this implementation people could farm badges, run Raids, and knew at the end of the day/week they could get an upgrade and work towards it. They had a goal to improve and get there as efficient as possible. Now you flip a coin and don't get rewarded for working harder as someone else.
    They wanted Blood of Sargeras to be a "reward" to show how much you play, well maybe gear should go back more to: the more I play and effort I put into the game, the better my rewards should be ? Seems they overturned their philosophy on different aspects of the game differently and keep swapping every expansion just because they want to keep it "fun and exiting" while it brings nothing but frustration and grief in the end.
    This is just my 2 cents and this is in no way a representation of what the majority thinks, but a lot of my friends do agree (and some here on forums) that this layer of RNG into RNG is not rewarding or fun at all. Hate me for all you like, but I expect people to quit over this eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I'm still of opinion that RNG has no place in an MMO tied to Weekly/Daily lockouts. In Diablo you can farm your heart out as much as you want, aim at that 1 piece of gear you're after, in WoW this is not the case.
    It gives me, and a lot of people it seems, not more incentive to run that "old" content, but less, since the odds are so low to actually get an upgrade and we prefer to know the gearing path we take. There is nothing "fun and compelling/exiting" at running content for days/weeks on end and not getting that piece you worked for, while someone who barely logs in does end up getting it due to that RNG luck.
    Before this implementation people could farm badges, run Raids, and knew at the end of the day/week they could get an upgrade and work towards it. They had a goal to improve and get there as efficient as possible. Now you flip a coin and don't get rewarded for working harder as someone else.
    They wanted Blood of Sargeras to be a "reward" to show how much you play, well maybe gear should go back more to: the more I play and effort I put into the game, the better my rewards should be ? Seems they overturned their philosophy on different aspects of the game differently and keep swapping every expansion just because they want to keep it "fun and exiting" while it brings nothing but frustration and grief in the end.
    This is just my 2 cents and this is in no way a representation of what the majority thinks, but a lot of my friends do agree (and some here on forums) that this layer of RNG into RNG is not rewarding or fun at all. Hate me for all you like, but I expect people to quit over this eventually.
    Well, the total randomness of loot was definitively one of the reasons why I have stopped playing D3 after 2 or 3 weeks. The other was the low amount of active keybinds. I hate when I constantly have to manipulate my keybinds because my current setup does not work in a special situation. I want all skills and spells be available to me on my keybinds, and I want to have a robust talent setup. (This is one reason why I don't raid anymore in WoW, constant talent shuffle requirements.)

Anyway, if WoW at some point will become too much of a Diablo clone, I will be out. I probably will be playing for some time with tokens, until my gold runs out, and then this will be it.

Diablo gearing system in WoW is going to tank!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well, the total randomness of loot was definitively one of the reasons why I have stopped playing D3 after 2 or 3 weeks. The other was the low amount of active keybinds. I hate when I constantly have to manipulate my keybinds because my current setup does not work in a special situation. I want all skills and spells be available to me on my keybinds, and I want to have a robust talent setup. (This is one reason why I don't raid anymore in WoW, constant talent shuffle requirements.)

Anyway, if WoW at some point will become too much of a Diablo clone, I will be out. I probably will be playing for some time with tokens, until my gold runs out, and then this will be it.
    It would be cynical to say but the Diablo team isn't too large and just maintains the game... what if they make the game more diablo like to put it on the bench and have a small team maintain it while the rest focuses on another game?

Deleted
    1) Cannot find anything about it... but even per instance that's not that much loot in comparison to endless trys at heroic.

2) Yes they will, causing the sub number to drop further. So giving people reasons to bot is quite the bad idea.
    Done give me wrong here, I don't think it is a good idea, they tried rewarding people with better loot that what they are able to do, for free, in the past.
    I am talking about garrison loot box. They have said it was a mistake and changed the naval mission to drop items with the same ilvl than the best the person can do.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be cynical to say but the Diablo team isn't too large and just maintains the game... what if they make the game more diablo like to put it on the bench and have a small team maintain it while the rest focuses on another game?
    Damn, I forgot my tinfoil hat before reading this. /joke
    Last edited by mmoc0a6b95d1e2; 2016-06-28 at 02:37 PM.

I like this system. It gives reason to do content you already out gear. Sure you probably won't get an upgrade but there's still a chance so if you're bored it still gives you something to do

Am I the only one who actually loves the diablo loot system and wished for even more of it in wow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    Am I the only one who actually loves the diablo loot system and wished for even more of it in wow?
    probably, because people who love the diablo system play diablo and not wow ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yep, they'll be banned just like all those PvP bots. /sarcasm
    There was a massive ban in D3 last season, towards the end, that gutted the leaderboards.

I expect the same this season, which ends soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Maintains? They've been consistently releasing new content since D3 shipped.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, i won't be arsed to farm gear in any dungeon. If i get lucky (but i won't, my wow story) fine. If i don't, there's always raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    There was a massive ban in D3 last season, towards the end, that gutted the leaderboards.

I expect the same this season, which ends soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Maintains? They've been consistently releasing new content since D3 shipped.
    New content? You mean the most op cube and the 2 new zones?
    Or do you count the set changes as content?

New content? You mean the most op cube and the 2 new zones?
    Or do you count the set changes as content?
    I can tell by the enormous chip on your shoulder that there's no point in discussing this further, as you're not going to be rational.

Have a day.

The biggest problem for a lot of raids is hitting a gear wall. This system gives raids incentives to continue progressing and farm slightly old content as well as do dungeons. This will make everyone feel like there is more content. I like it a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    Not all of us consider it a horrible movie. I liked it and would love to see a Director's Cut. Since you didn't care for it I wonder why you felt the need to trash it.
    What was released at the cinema was the LFR version of the film, for those who cant commit the time to a full film.

The release of the directors cut will be staggered so all the fanboys buy it twice...and they will.

Ditto for someone who casually queues for BGs compared to a top-rated arena player. After all, it requires far fewer lucky breaks for a Mythic Nightmare raid drop to make it to Item Level 895 than it would for a Heroic dungeon blue, by a huge margin. Your overall gear will still reflect the type and difficulty of content that you do, but a broader range of activities can be rewarding, and a broader range of players can have moments of surprise and excitement along the way.
    What if I aggressively queue for BG's because I do not have an arena team or I just don't like arena at all? Am I at a disadvantage? Are we being told that running and investing 3 times as much of our time in BG's will not pay off because it isn't arena rating?

Arena isn't the only PVP that matters. Fact is running BG's are the only PVP I enjoy. Now I am being told for certain that I will be at a PVE disadvantage because of the type of PVP I choose to do. What a load of crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by turlockmike View Post
    The biggest problem for a lot of raids is hitting a gear wall. This system gives raids incentives to continue progressing and farm slightly old content as well as do dungeons. This will make everyone feel like there is more content. I like it a lot.
    Maybe for a guild without a point loot system. All this does is hurt players who invest in gear drops that are normal. You are just another person too focused on personal loot. As if it is the only loot system.