10+ Year Old Account

Question Quick Legion xmog question (I'm sorry)

Can I, for example, as a hunter "learn" non-mail, non-ranged weapon transmog styles IF I can equip them (cloth, axes, etc...) or is it super strict?

If you can equip the item (mail/leather/cloth) and weapon (staves/axes/swords etc..) then yes you will be able to learn the appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post
    If you can equip the item (mail/leather/cloth) and weapon (staves/axes/swords etc..) then yes you will be able to learn the appearance.
    This isn't entirely correct. If you can equip the weapon, then yes, you will learn the appearance. But a mail wearer can ONLY unlock mail appearances. You can't unlock cloth appearances with anything but a cloth wearer. You can't unlock leather armor appearance with anything but a leather wearer. Same for plate and mail.

Any appropriate gear your character can equip is able to be added to your wardrobe. Keep in mind this excludes items like swords for Priests or wands for Druids.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Uhm nope. That's not how it works. A hunter can only learn mail and weapons that can be used by a hunter.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Can I, for example, as a hunter "learn" non-mail, non-ranged weapon transmog styles IF I can equip them (cloth, axes, etc...) or is it super strict?
    You unlock only your primary armor type and any weapon you can equip.

So cloth, leather: No
    Non-ranged equippable weapons: Yes

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Anything your character can equip is able to be added to your wardrobe. Keep in mind this excludes items like swords for Priests or wands for Druids.
    Nope, a warrior can equip cloth, mail and leather, but will only learn plate.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

As a hunter, you'll be able to unlock only mail armour. As for weapons, everything you can equip can be unlocked as xmog.

Not entirely.
    The weapons you can.
    The armor has to be of your primary type where it has one.
    So on a hunter, it is mail armor or cosmetic armor.

Basically that should be better described as - could and should be equipping.

The same rule applies to quest rewards.
    If the quest offers rewards for multiple proficiencies then only those relevant on each character that completed the quest will be unlocked.
    So a leather reward would be unlocked if you completed that quest on a druid, but not if you completed it on a mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nope, a warrior can equip cloth, mail and leather, but will only learn plate.
    I added clarification to the post.

Then they need to fix that on the PTR because it worked on my warrior yesterday morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although you can equip Cloth, Leather and Mail. I don't think you can Transmog a Cloth hat into a mail Helm or vise versa. So it your a hunter decked out in full T19 gear I don't think you can transmog that into Cloth gear. Unless something has changed. IMO I hope it hasn't. I don't want to see, what appears to be a Warlock shooting a bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so consensus thus far is (as a hunter):

> Can only learn mail / cosmetic armor items
    > Can learn ANY equippable (white text obv) weapon

Thanks for all the responses!

Then they need to fix that on the PTR because it worked on my warrior yesterday morning.
    In what case did it work ?
    It shouldn't be, as blizzard have stated that for quite some time.

Okay so consensus thus far is:

> Can only learn mail / cosmetic armor items
    > Can learn ANY equippable (white text obv) weapon

Thanks for all the responses!
    The equipment has to be green (uncommon) or higher, and binding in some way.
    That is a minimum requirement, not a guarantee though as there are still items not eligible.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-14 at 12:12 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    In what case did it work ?
    It shouldn't be, as blizzard have stated that for quite some time.

The equipment has to be green (uncommon) or higher, and binding in some way.
    That is a minimum requirement, not a guarantee though as there are still items not eligible.
    In the case that I was able to learn a non plate appearance on my warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Although you can equip Cloth, Leather and Mail. I don't think you can Transmog a Cloth hat into a mail Helm or vise versa. So it your a hunter decked out in full T19 gear I don't think you can transmog that into Cloth gear. Unless something has changed. IMO I hope it hasn't. I don't want to see, what appears to be a Warlock shooting a bow.
    What we are talking about here is unlocking appearances for the account(alters), not transmoging to other armor types

In the case that I was able to learn a non plate appearance on my warrior.
    Perhaps report it to blizzard.
    That isn't intended according to what we know so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    As has been stated, this is about the requirements to add to the collection.
    This same issue keeps coming up, where people think we are talking about changing the current rules.

Adding to the collection has in effect largely the same rules that would be applied at present.
    Firstly if you can't equip it, you can't transmog it, and you can't add it to the collection.
    The second is if the item isn't relevant, if it isn't your optimal or primary armor proficiency then it can't be added to the collection.

Think of those in many ways like a mount may have a minimum reputation or training skill requirement before you can "learn" it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-14 at 02:18 PM.