Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Got scratched but i don't have any alcohol

I was playing a MMO game but my cat jumped on my mouse hand by accident and gave me a decent cut. It's not a very big cut but the scratch is big enough to cause bleeding. Problem is i don't have any alcohol or anything of the sort. I just quickly went and waste my scratch with soap and water. Am i good or am i fucked?

Take the oppertonity, its time for a chainsawhand.

Deleted
    If it's your own cat and it has good hygiene, it should be fine. Just put something on top of it to stop the bleeding/help it stick together better. After washing off most dirt with water, there wouldn't be much risk of infection.

Usually the only real reason to get drugs or infection prevention if you don't know the cat and it might have diseases or very dirty nails.

Deleted
    Heavily diluted bleach works if you have nothing else, emphasis on the heavy.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll be fine. I've been scratched many times and never had an issue with just using soap and water.

You're most likely fine, if you want to be super sure, a tablespoon of each salt and vinegar mixed into a glass of water make a quick disinfectant you can apply to the scratch.

Dog saliva is supposed to have healing properties.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    I was playing a MMO game but my cat jumped on my mouse hand by accident and gave me a decent cut. It's not a very big cut but the scratch is big enough to cause bleeding. Problem is i don't have any alcohol or anything of the sort. I just quickly went and waste my scratch with soap and water. Am i good or am i fucked?
    You're fine. My mom was stupid growing up and refused to spay our cats and as a result we had literally maybe 100 cats during the course of my life. I've been scratched bitten etc and only ever really just put a band aid on and it was fine. Wash it under warm water. If you have peroxide you can feel free to use it, but you're fine.

Windex is probably your best option. Just apply directly to open wound.

10+ Year Old Account
    May as well amputate now OP.

Deleted
    You are probably fine with soap and water. If you are fretting about it boil water, dissolve a couple of spoons of salt in it,let cool, wash wound.

Fire. /10char

my leg has pin pricks all over it from letting my cat do her claw shedding thing on my jeans, and i'm not sick or dead. i usually never even look at them.

you'll live.

You're good no worries. Soap + water is enough.

Just keep playing the game. Why did you stop over a scratch? I'm going to have to ask you to hand over that man card, sir.

7+ Year Old Account
    dibs on your stuff.

you'll live, wash it. you did that. try not to wipe it around the bottom of a sewer or gas station bathroom floor today.

if it gets puffy, itchy, swollen, you see red lines going up your veins eat a bunch of fish antibiotics, or go to the clinic.

Sorry OP you're fucked, best amputate now to save the body.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Call 911 immediately, your life is in grave danger

I recommend full amputation and cauturize with fire afterwards. If you don't have a fireplace to heat up some coals, a stove will do.
    Perferably do this on a live stream incase you are curious of how to proceed or need help.

Deleted
    My cat used to use my arm as a scratching post for years and he often ran outside. Never worried about it because my vaccinations are in order.