Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I got 3 wins and 7 loses and it put me on rank 50... Interesting.

Well 1 of the losses was few seconds away from a certain win (My team did win) but I got dc so I got kicked and got a loss for it :s

Look at the skill rating graph:

http://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboa...d/category/mmr

I got 8/2 and ended up at 61. I've seen someone else in this thread that got a different rating with the same w/l score, so there is more than just the outcome that decides your skill rating. Probably some hidden score about how you performed during the match that also affects your skill rating. Most people are at 50 so that's normal, the average.

Also regarding rewards, I heard if you manage to be part of the top 500 players (that's like, >=70 skill rating probably), you get the animated spray and a free golden gun. Otherwise you always get the regular spray and competitive points, those might be static amounts to keep everyone equally motivated.

More perspective, the highest ranked player in the world has a rank of 81.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    63 actually puts you in the top 3% of players according to the masteroverwatch graph I think.
    https://i.gyazo.com/3f419b899c771567...3da77ff057.png
    Welcome to 5 sudden death losses & 1 win in placement My stats suggest I am not in the bottom 99.9% of players though
    https://i.gyazo.com/4d466aac87dca4e5...e4bef5911b.jpg
    https://gyazo.com/07e7b5216590361f75a8572da690ebbb

10+ Year Old Account
    I and two friends queued up as three.
    We won 5, lost 5.
    I got 48, one got 49, one got 52.

After that, we've won 4 and lost 2, I got to 50, one got to 51, and one 54.
    im cool pls respodn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady84 View Post
    https://i.gyazo.com/3f419b899c771567...3da77ff057.png
    Welcome to 5 sudden death losses & 1 win in placement My stats suggest I am not in the bottom 99.9% of players though
    https://i.gyazo.com/4d466aac87dca4e5...e4bef5911b.jpg
    https://gyazo.com/07e7b5216590361f75a8572da690ebbb
    Enjoy coasting to a higher rank
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It is too early to take rank so seriously, over the next few weeks it is going to go up and down, and frankly with such a short season this seasons rank may not mean much at all. Basically we jumped through 10 hoops and the game gave us a number based on math and now we go through the painful period of bouncing around until we settle in a bracket.

Season will be short anyways, don't worry too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Ultimately it was better to put this out now and let us test it for real, though I think some people are going to go super salt and quit immediately b/c of how crazy it feels to experience.
    No, they should've left it on the PTR for awhile still. People filed complaints, bugs, etc and they didn't fix anything before release. No point in have a 6 week season when they new it still had issues. Just delay it till the next season or change how seasons work in general.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Season will be short anyways, don't worry too much about it.

Eh, 3 months isn't short. It'll be long and the only upside I can think is it gives more time to grind comp points.

Deleted
    Professional players are currently between 70-80.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, it's still possible to get lots of kills but not actually be doing the things that are important to winning.

Not that you were doing that, just sayin!
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Enjoy coasting to a higher rank
    Almost 37 now, lost 3 games in the last 2 days, 1 of them being a 3v6 went from 26% to 44% win ratio in about 4 hours.. at least mmr/rank is somewhat working now after the nonsense I had in Placement games

I went 7-3 in placement and got a 49 so I don't think it just goes on win/loss. I was carried in at least 2 of those wins as the healer because the other 5 players were killing everything so quickly that I had little to do. The 3 losses were stomps too so maybe up to 5 games where I didn't do much. Probably had an impact.
    Check out my youtube channel for Overwatch and other Blizzard content: https://www.youtube.com/c/eleventyten. You can also visit me at www.eleventyten.net !

In my experience, it's better to play heroes with a lower skill requirement during the placement matches. I'd call myself pretty decent with Hanzo but my skill isn't as consistent as I'd like, so I ended up with a 49 rating. However, if I mained heroes like Reaper the whole time, I probably would have gotten a much higher rating.

My point is, comp is important, so play the heroes that are consistently more viable. You won't always win, but the greater amount of gold medals (or generally being of use to the team) will improve your chances of a higher rank.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2016-07-03 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's really not a benefit when it means being grouped with me, and I am fucking awful
    If you take me, I promise I'll only instalock Genji and Tracer, and then dance around the point without forcing overtime.

;D

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If you take me, I promise I'll only instalock Genji and Tracer, and then dance around the point without forcing overtime.

;D
    You forgot to add Hanzo to that list. I couldn't tell you how many Hanzo's both sides just stand there shoot close to the point and pretend the point itself is lava.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most professional players I see got placed in the low 70's, even after going 10-0. So 60's is good. I got placed 61 after going 7-3 and was in the top 5%. Your MMR and personal performance apparently factors into your placement. I'm waiting on the supposed "changes" they might be making before continuing in competitive, even though it's still probably going to be frustrating with the current system they have where you apparently lose so much more than you gain.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

SoloQ'ing; went from 59 to 55 in 4 matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I have no idea what a good score is
    I'm only rank 46 now, but I've killed 56's with ease, and been killed by 34s with ease.
    Think in a week or so it might be a more accurate time to say what a decent rank is, just too much movement right now to say anything for sure (aside from anyone in the 70's is godlike in comparison to myself)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 for 5 and 45, one match we managed to steal defeat from the jaws of victory because the other tank left while I was taking the objective, although the warning came up, it eventually backfilled after playing 6 v 5 for a couple of minutes but the damage was done - it should have just cancelled to be honest. They were mostly on my least favourite maps too, Volskaya, Hanamura and Illios.

Not sure how I feel about the whole thing to be honest, it's literally no different from QM when you're soloing, except there's more riding on it, more saltiness, and never room to play anything other tank or healer, yet healing feels pointless because chances your team will group up sufficiently for you to be effective are close to nil.

Think I'll stick to doing it with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Think I'll stick to doing it with friends.
    Warning: Pick the friends you queue with carefully.

I queued with one earlier today who was 41 and I was 47. Figured maybe he just got bad placement so I group with him (as he asked me first). Got the movie studio map. I was Road Hog and basically carried the team (we had healers) yet I placed 5/5 gold medals, but somehow won. So I was like ok maybe it was a close match or something, let's queue again. I downrank to 46 and now I'm back in the common region of leavers, idiots, etc.

Basically my entire night went from 47 to 42 and consisted of the following:
    • 8 Games with leavers, leaving me to be the lone ranger in each; so naturally I get a downrank for each basically.
    • You guys made us hardly move on attack? So let's go Rein, Bastion, torb, symms, and make it really hard for you to do anything. (Because your teammates don't want to swap to counters).
    • Oh a coin flip? You got attack? Well let's just bastion it up so they run back and lose on time.
    • My team - Oh there's a bastion, one by one running into him hoping someone will kill it if enough bodies are in front of it.
    • Mei on your team? Go to ult as Road Hog and get a "Oh I thought you needed a wall"
    • "We need heals" -- Alright I'll go heals. Is there a gold medal for deaths? Because I'm at about 20 because you guys consistently stand there while I die.
    • It's overtime? Oh well I'm too good to touch the point you run back and do it.
    • I'm playing Genji because he picked my Hanzo and they are my favorite. Us: There is no point for either on this map, pick something better.
    • Hey it's a Zarya shielding -- Let's spam her with attacks to break her shield! Then they get nailed with the right-click bomb.

And that's just what I can think of off the topic of my head. I got to the point to where not only Mercy/Lucio was on my #1 hitlist that I added Bastion and I didn't care if I could counter him. On King's Row we were attacking and I told the Bastion after I killed him twice on Winston that if he didn't swap I was killing him before anyone else in the area and he better hope his team protected him. He died 20 times that match and refused to swap, we won the round and I unlocked his Cute spray. Next round I did the dirtiest thing ever and went Bastion and killed them all 1 by 1 as they tried to win attack and then get called names and how bad I was for playing him.

So yeah, whatever you do just don't go below 46 or you'll just be forever disgruntled with the game hoping you can get yourself back to where you should be. All because placment matches had bugged KotR so you get ranked low. i don't care what Kaplan said it did affect everyone and yeah, eventually you'll get to the bracket you should be in. But right now it's just extremely demoralizing road.

That's the end of my rant :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

So yeah, whatever you do just don't go below 46 or you'll just be forever disgruntled with the game hoping you can get yourself back to where you should be. All because placment matches had bugged KotR so you get ranked low. i don't care what Kaplan said it did affect everyone and yeah, eventually you'll get to the bracket you should be in. But right now it's just extremely demoralizing road.

That's the end of my rant :P
    46 :'( Help me PLZ I'm losing the will to live as it is