Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    lol amr heroic logs.
    This will be my last post on this subject as this is getting seriously stupid so

1) no time for mythic 2) no 20 people, not to mention people with lots of time and skill. If you don't understand why some people don't bother with mythic then you're hopeless.

PS I wasn't the one to upload logs to AMR. Mine were on warcraftlogs, some old ones probably still are but then I tanked.

EOT

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    This will be my last post on this subject as this is getting seriously stupid so

1) no time for mythic 2) no 20 people, not to mention people with lots of time and skill. If you don't understand why some people don't bother with mythic then you're hopeless.

PS I wasn't the one to upload logs to AMR. Mine were on warcraftlogs, some old ones probably still are but then I tanked.

EOT
    Why are you arguing about playing your class to it's fullest potential when you don't A) do mythic or B) pvp? When in heroic raiding do you think you're going to need your keybound pet move-to for specific pet hook placement?

If you're so concerned with maximizing your performance you absolutely should be looking into mythic content, and I would love to hear your argument as to why you don't bother with mythic but do bother with binding army of the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Yeah, of course there is more. There is Dark Trans, Arbiter, Outbreak, Army and other stuff not to mention the defensive cds. But CS and DC are the two buttons we are going to spam the most.
    So mages only have frostbolt, fireball and arcane blast, since those are the spells they spam the most?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floreon View Post
    Why are you arguing about playing your class to it's fullest potential when you don't A) do mythic or B) pvp? When in heroic raiding do you think you're going to need your keybound pet move-to for specific pet hook placement?

If you're so concerned with maximizing your performance you absolutely should be looking into mythic content, and I would love to hear your argument as to why you don't bother with mythic but do bother with binding army of the dead.
    I don't bind AOTD.

I play with friends who aren't really good (except 2 of them) because it's fun. I don't do mythic because, like I've already said, I'm too busy IRL. Not many people in their 30s have time to do it I had my fair share of hardcore raiding back in vanilla and TBC 6 raids a week 5h each. Not looking into repeating that experience. It burned me out.

However, that doesn't stop me from trying to play as best as possible given my gear and raid difficulty. You don't have to do Mythic to try and play to the best of your ability. That's where I get fun from.

I would gladly do Mythic if I could do it simply 2-3 days a week 3h raid at most with competent group. That is unlikely though. We already tried getting people to do mythic but no luck. I'm perfectly aware that Heroics are easy.

To close this up I am REALLY happy Blizzard is introducing Mythic+ with stones similar to D3. Getting 5 good people together will be a lot easier than 20.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-07-01 at 11:51 PM.

Deleted

Unhappy

I don't bind AOTD.

I play with friends who aren't really good (except 2 of them) because it's fun. I don't do mythic because, like I've already said, I'm too busy IRL. Not many people in their 30s have time to do it I had my fair share of hardcore raiding back in vanilla and TBC 6 raids a week 5h each. Not looking into repeating that experience. It burned me out.

However, that doesn't stop me from trying to play as best as possible given my gear and raid difficulty. You don't have to do Mythic to try and play to the best of your ability. That's where I get fun from.

I would gladly do Mythic if I could do it simply 2-3 days a week 3h raid at most with competent group. That is unlikely though. We already tried getting people to do mythic but no luck. I'm perfectly aware that Heroics are easy.

To close this up I am REALLY happy Blizzard is introducing Mythic+ with stones similar to D3. Getting 5 good people together will be a lot easier than 20.
    hehehe.....

I don't bind AOTD.

Should take off your rose tinted glasses and stop blaming others for your inability to raid Mythic.

Idk why you kids are speaking in terms of legion pre-patch. Of course scaling and abilities will feel either too strong or too weak, it's always been that way since the beginning of vanilla up to now. At lvl 110, there are definitely more than 3 buttons imao.

If you actually leveled up an ilvl 110 unholy dk and had the experience of doing so, feel free to bash my following statement. Otherwise, wait until the legion expansion hits and lvl up to 110, then you can go complaining and QQing about UDKs because apparently X amount of buttons isn't enough for you :P

Well, on beta I got two full action bars with key bindings, and sure not every spell is used 24/7, but they are useful in several scenarios.

If you chose to only use those 3 spells, which means you will be missing out on A LOT, for instance dots, you will be about ranked 10 on the dps meter in a 10 man raid. Yes under the healers.

You can however do fine with, 10 perhaps? Keybindings. If you want to miximize there is, as I said, two action bars of spells to use.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't bind AOTD.

I raid mythic 2-3 days a week, in a full Norwegian guild, with 3-4 hours raid nights. Cleared full HFC and everything. Not quite sure why you seem to believe you need to raid 6 days each week to do Mythic, it's not like you have to clear it the first month you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Looks like woundless playstyle may be gone and we get our third button back. ^^
    Originally Posted by Sigma
    Amidst various Unholy tuning ongoing in the upcoming build, the damage of Festering Wound is increased substantially, as is the damage of the Army of the Dead and Apocalypse ghouls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well, on beta I got two full action bars with key bindings, and sure not every spell is used 24/7, but they are useful in several scenarios.

If you chose to only use those 3 spells, which means you will be missing out on A LOT, for instance dots, you will be about ranked 10 on the dps meter in a 10 man raid. Yes under the healers.

You can however do fine with, 10 perhaps? Keybindings. If you want to miximize there is, as I said, two action bars of spells to use.

- - - Updated - - -

I raid mythic 2-3 days a week, in a full Norwegian guild, with 3-4 hours raid nights. Cleared full HFC and everything. Not quite sure why you seem to believe you need to raid 6 days each week to do Mythic, it's not like you have to clear it the first month you know.
    I don't think you actually read my post in entirety. I never said you need to raid 6 times a week. I remember a very old vanilla guild, Death & Taxes, getting world 1st-2nd as an entirely friends guild raiding 3 times a week and successfully competing against no lives like Nihilum back in the day.

It's also not like I blame others per se. I already said I simply don't have enough time to dedicate to it and am fully aware of that and accept it. In WOD I could afford only 2 raids per week (our guild also did 2 raids per week). I raid with people who I raid with for one simple reason - I like them all a lot and many of us already met IRL. I don't have an urge to neccessarily DO mythic (though would like to if I could with these people, just need ~10 more for M grp). I rather have fun ^^.

People will read what they want and think people try to excuse themselves. I don't. I simply stated multiple reasons. Some being on my end, some not. That's ok and something I am fine with.

Though I am quite happy they will introduce Mythic+ dungeons with D3 like tokens and I will gladly tackle them either as DPS or tank or both. Whatever will be needed.

Deleted
    so many people missing the point its lol.......

that 3 abilities is your ONLY attack ability ALL the other just pets or buffs bassicaly press and forget abilities.

those 3 abilities are the class ACTUAL attack ability.... that's the major prob. we gonna spam that 3 ability 24/7 90% of the time while they dont even have that good melee animation either.

so yea i still call BS on this.

You have to monitor festering wounds. In case of aoe you have to prepare for it. For valkyr, it is not fire and forget, you have to prepare...

if you think the class has 3 buttons, you are missing a lot and really should reroll.

7+ Year Old Account
    OK now that they fixed UH is there any other adjustments in the rotation or continue witht he playstyle that was intended since the start?
    im still gonna focus on Frost but when it comes time to raid and frost is behind, i need to switch it up.

still not a fan of all three specs getting back BoS and need to see Sindragosa's Fury in person to determine if its as stupid as it looks on youtube. What if your aim is off and she flys a little to the right and misses all targets?? For all us old guys- Remember Golden Axe I and II for SEGA Genesis??? The chick called a dragon and it blew fire all over and hit everything!!!
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post

that 3 abilities is your ONLY attack ability ALL the other just pets or buffs bassicaly press and forget abilities.

those 3 abilities are the class ACTUAL attack ability.... that's the major prob. we gonna spam that 3 ability 24/7 90% of the time while they dont even have that good melee animation either.

And how is that different to how it is live now? As frost I use mostly two abilites, while pressing Oblirate every once in a while to dump a unholy rune. Most classes works like this: Two-three abilities that a core in your rotation/priority list, then a bunch of spells on low CDs and a few on high CD.

As Unholy on Beta now, you actually have to keep an eye out for Festering Wounds, they can not drop lower than 2-3 (depending on talents), if they do it might be a DPS loss if you crit, meanwhile you need to keep an eye out for CD timers, you want to pile up Runic Power for your Dark Abiter so you can dump 3 DCs right away, and have enough runes to build up your Runic Power again as fast as possible to get most out of your Dark Abiter. Sure it might not be the most challenging rotation we got, but it works, it feels smooth to play Unholy even with low ilvl gear and low haste. Try it out before you bitch too much.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Isn't BOS for 3 specs just a typo due to data mining though? I don't see any mention of removed talents so I guess it's just a mistake.

Indeed it is, as Unholy we got Dark Abiter | Defile | Soul Reaper as level 100 talents.

Dark Abiter is a bit the same as BoS though, as you power it up by spending Runic Power.

You do realise most WoW classes have been like this for the entirety of the game? At base level there are few buttons if you write it like that.

This is how it is on live now though? Primary is just Festering Strike, Scourge Strike and Death Coil for unholy after that you add in the extras, thing is there are quite a few extras and usually there is some trick to getting the most out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    You do realise most WoW classes have been like this for the entirety of the game? At base level there are few buttons if you write it like that.
    The thing is, some classes their rotations at least have some interaction. Legion largely removes even more buttons and has less interaction between skills. A 2-3 button, mindless rotation is just bad design and all over lazy.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The thing is, some classes their rotations at least have some interaction. Legion largely removes even more buttons and has less interaction between skills. A 2-3 button, mindless rotation is just bad design and all over lazy.
    I've played every single Dps on PTR, and i'm just not seeing this lack of rotation interaction/complexity. We don't even have artifact skills yet either. Lots of classes arguably got more complex. Also, less buttons doesn't mean worse to play. Frost may have been bugged with it's Rime proc, but Pressing Obliterate, Frost Strike, and Howling Blast alone is satisfying, and trust me, i like at least some complexity in a class. Most classes have more to press than that, and added complexity via talents.