14 17.72%

7 8.86%

3 3.80%

4 5.06%

17 21.52%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    A solid 8, loses points for a weak beginning. But really, so many people give him shit for wanting peace and say "IT'S NOT WORLD OF PEACECRAFT GRRRRRR." But really, one of the big problems in WoW's narrative is the forced faction conflict. After Pandaria, it just makes everyone look dumb. Anduin gets serious points for being one of the few characters to actually work against the conflict.
    I gave him 5 while he was a 2 at best before Cata to me, with the potential of both dropping bellow that or soaring above it in Legion. The drop will be hard if he went all 'hur gur hoard is teh evil now!!1!" just for the sake of another idiotic development like that wishy-washy Jaina.

Even Jaina got 5 from me after the "development" whereas she used to be one of my favorite humans before Theramore.

Aegwynn
    Fear her
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Aegwynn
    Fear her
    We do. What about her?

15+ Year Old Account
    5. I feel neither here nor there. Just a bland, 1-dimensional good guy.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

7/10. He is at times annoying as hell, his act in War Crimes and the possibility that he'll be the one to lead the Army of Light are cringe-worthy, the fact that he's the object of sexual desire of multiple adult male Tauren is outright creepy (though it's more of an issue with said Tauren) and he stood like an idiot during the Divine Bell incident, but he has the trait many characters in WoW lack, some kind of progression. Better yet, consistency too! You can see his behavior and view change a bit over time, particularly due to influence of other characters (which is also a positive), but at the same time tries to remain true to his own values. His naivety can be attributed to his age and we've seen him mature a bit. With him receiving some spotlight and further development in Legion I remain optimistic (even gave +1 for that in advance because I'm generous that way, also, because of the anti-Alliance CIRCLEJERK).

Not sure whom to nominate so I'll just go with Chromatus for now (first character not nominated/covered yet that popped into my head).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    We do. What about her?
    What do you think?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    What do you think?
    Being a mage myself, she, alongside Antonidas, Khadgar, Rhonin, Modera and Medivh are iconic tier as far as I am concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure whom to nominate so I'll just go with Chromatus for now (first character not nominated/covered yet that popped into my head).
    The Thrall novel guy? Not sure if he is of enough caliber or presence to make a nomination, but I will read his chapters again and ponder. For now I will not take him.

And yet we have active nomination bids for Li Li, Silas Darkmoon and Aggra and just covered Moroes and Millhouse <.<

Benedictus then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And yet we have active nomination bids for Li Li, Silas Darkmoon and Aggra and just covered Moroes and Millhouse <.<

Benedictus then.
    All those are at least present right off the bat in the minds of the fans. Well, maybe not Silas, but he is getting the axe anyway.

Benedictus is great. Surprised no one wanted to make with the Twilight Father. I mean, that was legitimately one of the very few good out of nowhere heel turns! Then again, that left out some interesting names for the not too soon Season 2!

I mean I would certainly endorse Li Li if I could, but rules are rules, mehn.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-06-30 at 12:25 AM.

9/10. While he didn't do much other than kill an undead guy during the times from vanilla to wrath, his character CHANGED during the times going from cata to now. When I read prophets lesson, and read about anduin and his future, I was shocked...and was surprised. For me, my only words were "Oh shit...could this 13 year old priest really turn into the leader of this badass army?" and for once in a lifetime, I thought i'd actually happen....though I wanted more of him. During the times of MoP, there have been people hating on him for being to much of a saint, and when I saw him in MoP, I didn't see a saint marry sue justin bieber, I saw a teenager grow. During MoP, you could see anduin make choices all on his own, you could see him dealing with all of this chaos around, he's been able to help his father during dark times, and during the 5.1 campaign, anduin stood up against all on his own. And even though he almost died, you know that he saved us. He saved us from almost certain death. And while anduin fucked up when opening the vale, he's a teenager, he's supposed to learn from his actions, he's no adult yet.

Though in WoD, he was absent. In Legion, Anduin is king of SW (And possibly leader of the alliance in general), he has to face MANY challenges at age 18/19. He's in the middle of a faction war between the worgen and forsaken he has to handle, the legion attacked his city, and are invading azeroth in general with their full on ingalactic might, he's in a pit right now, and with ILLIDAN seeming to be the new leader of the army of light (Though they only said CHAMPION), it'd be one MASSIVELY WASTED chance for anduin. He's the king of SW, he's in a pit, he has to learn that the saint he is isn't going to stop the legion by 0.000000000000000000000001%, if illidan is the true leader instead of anduin, then he won't become a paladin, and they'll waste everything they've built up anduin to be. Though, if illidan is just a champion like I added above, anduin will most likely still be the LEADER of the army of light by 90%. It's only a matter of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    8/10.
    Honestly the hate for Anduin makes me sick.Seriously,are people expecting a young boy to make superwise all forseen decisions in life ? Hes way too young and is pushed to make hard choices and still has some commonsense about him than most characters.He has a habit of thinking people could be redeemed and sometimes he is wrong,but the fact is he hasnt experienced enough of life to realize this.He will learn and when he does he will become a great King,because he IS wise beyond his age.Sure he may not be an axe swinging badass Orc or a half naked gothic elf and he doesnt need to be.Its time people stopped following the "rule of cewl" and actually focused on good characters.

I didn't get the impression that Anduin was saving Garrosh's life because he believed Garrosh was good. I got the impression he believed in letting the legal process play out instead of letting him be murdered in his cell, letting Vareesa's kids lose their remaining parent, letting even more unrest break out among the Horde factions over Sylvanas going behind the War Chief's back...

It all looks worse when you know Garrosh will be helped to escape by a traitor, but that's playing Captain Hindsight. Without knowing that, and knowing all the possible repercussions of him being poisoned, Anduin's decision makes a lot of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    9/10. While he didn't do much other than kill an undead guy during the times from vanilla to wrath, his character CHANGED during the times going from cata to now. When I read prophets lesson, and read about anduin and his future, I was shocked...and was surprised. For me, my only words were "Oh shit...could this 13 year old priest really turn into the leader of this badass army?" and for once in a lifetime, I thought i'd actually happen....though I wanted more of him. During the times of MoP, there have been people hating on him for being to much of a saint, and when I saw him in MoP, I didn't see a saint marry sue justin bieber, I saw a teenager grow. During MoP, you could see anduin make choices all on his own, you could see him dealing with all of this chaos around, he's been able to help his father during dark times, and during the 5.1 campaign, anduin stood up against all on his own. And even though he almost died, you know that he saved us. He saved us from almost certain death. And while anduin fucked up when opening the vale, he's a teenager, he's supposed to learn from his actions, he's no adult yet.

Though in WoD, he was absent. In Legion, Anduin is king of SW (And possibly leader of the alliance in general), he has to face MANY challenges at age 18/19. He's in the middle of a faction war between the worgen and forsaken he has to handle, the legion attacked his city, and are invading azeroth in general with their full on ingalactic might, he's in a pit right now, and with ILLIDAN seeming to be the new leader of the army of light (Though they only said CHAMPION), it'd be one MASSIVELY WASTED chance for anduin. He's the king of SW, he's in a pit, he has to learn that the saint he is isn't going to stop the legion by 0.000000000000000000000001%, if illidan is the true leader instead of anduin, then he won't become a paladin, and they'll waste everything they've built up anduin to be. Though, if illidan is just a champion like I added above, anduin will most likely still be the LEADER of the army of light by 90%. It's only a matter of time.
    I'm not playing Legion till it hits Live, but I'm expecting them to develop Anduin in Legion so he's ready for an even bigger role in whatever comes next.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    ^ Agreed. Anduin wanted a fair trial for Garrosh and he probably thought that he would get sentenced to death. And he feared that Vereesa would hang for killing Garrosh and that he didn't want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    ^ Agreed. Anduin wanted a fair trial for Garrosh and he probably thought that he would get sentenced to death. And he feared that Vereesa would hang for killing Garrosh and that he didn't want.
    However, Anduin was confident that everyone could change and that Garrosh could have had such willingness. He was definitely more favorable for Garrosh's life to be spared rather than be stripped away from the orc. That's why he was all shocked and felt like a complete moron when Garrosh screamed proud and tall "I regret nothing!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

As of right now an 8, maybe a 9. But I don't think an Anduin poll is even remotely fair to have right now. He hasn't even begun to hit the prime of his character development yet and most of the problems people have with him now probably won't exist in one or two expansions.

I've always liked Anduin myself. I won't call him one of my favorite characters but Blizzard's plan for him has been pretty transparent since day one. He was never going to stay a naive hippie 'peace is always the answer' type forever. Even being one of those characters who tries to always do the right thing makes him better than most in my opinion. He's one of those people who stands up for their ideals and doesn't give an inch no matter what and I can dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    However, Anduin was confident that everyone could change and that Garrosh could have had such willingness. He was definitely more favorable for Garrosh's life to be spared rather than be stripped away from the orc. That's why he was all shocked and felt like a complete moron when Garrosh screamed proud and tall "I regret nothing!"
    I partially agree with you. I think Anduin is written more complexly than you're giving him credit for. He has a rich inner dialogue where he wonders what to make of Garrosh and is still trying to decide himself what to make of his interactions with him. On the one hand, he is a servant of the Light and must act from a place of faith. On the other hand, he's quite intelligent and has seen first hand how evil Garrosh can be. Add to that the brilliant defense put on by Baine, the testimony of Alexstraza, and the attitude of the Celestial Court, and he feels a need to let the process play out.

The importance of the trial was only partly about justice for Garrosh. It was mostly about maintaining/restoring a sense of order and justice for the rest of civilized society.

Anduin gets big bonus points for keeping a mom with her children.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    I know it's kinda necro but it looks like Kalec won't be back anytime soon (so we cannot revote) and now that Legion is coming to an end I must say that I'm dissapointed with Anduin's development in the current expansion. He was meant to be a major character like Sylvanas but both weren't delivered and moved to BfA. Sadly, the whole expansion was getting more dissapointing with every new patch.