Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Dude, it's just common sense. I'm not saying that you're not a responsible owner, but no one needs a dog that can kill someone so easily. No one wants to take your dog away, we just need to implement some common sense regulation about who buys assault dogs in the future. Common sense.
    "Assault dogs"...LMFAO, you people...ignorance shouldn't be behind regulations and laws, leave that to those that actually bother to know facts. Sadly, some countries/states didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    What if I need to form a militia with assault dogs to ensure the security of a free state!
    Well, you couldn't really use those against the sort of militarized dogs that the government has these days anyway. With all the modern technology they have, it'd be useless.

Besides, the right to own dogs is mostly just about personal safety and hunting. No one's trying to take away your hunting dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "Assault dogs"...LMFAO, you people...ignorance shouldn't be behind regulations and laws, leave that to those that actually bother to know facts. Sadly, some countries/states didn't.
    It's just common sense! These are deadly assault dogs and people die from them every year. How many innocent children have to be mauled to death before we at least seriously consider background checks for the people buying these kind of dogs? Come on, common sense!

Humans kill thousands of dogs each day, why don't those make the news?

Well, you couldn't really use those against the sort of militarized dogs that the government has these days anyway. With all the modern technology they have, it'd be useless.

Besides, the right to own dogs is mostly just about personal safety and hunting. No one's trying to take away your hunting dogs.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just common sense! These are deadly assault dogs and people die from them every year. How many innocent children have to be mauled to death before we at least seriously consider background checks for the people buying these kind of dogs? Come on, common sense!
    And children die from their parents every year, how about we start there? Hell, in this case with this baby, a PARENT is to blame. How about you stop placing the blame on the animals when thousands and thousands of individuals of the same breed/type NEVER harm anyone?

I'm all for regulating breeding and who gets to own ANY dog because of how many dogs are abused, but calling certain breeds assault dogs for drama because you're ignorant about how those breeds are SUPPOSED to function when from proper breeders and in loving homes, is retarded.

Common sense doesn't equal being ignorant and retarded in your reasoning. Simple as.

Do you advocate this kind of "common sense" reasoning for open carry-in-handbag dogs? Do people need to be trained in how to properly handle those? I think you're sticking to a dated ideology without really understanding the issues.

- - - Updated - - -

And children die from their parents every year, how about we start there? Hell, in this case with this baby, a PARENT is to blame.
    I'm all for regulating breeding and who gets to own ANY dog because of how many dogs are abused, but calling certain breeds assault dogs for drama because you're ignorant about how those breeds are SUPPOSED to function when from proper breeders and in loving homes, is retarded.

Common sense doesn't equal being ignorant and retarded in your reasoning. Simple as.
    This guys certainly knows what he's talking about. We need more reasonable people like this in this thread.

And children die from their parents every year, how about we start there? Hell, in this case with this baby, a PARENT is to blame.
    Look, I might not know the exact terminology for these vicious killers. Like I said, I'm not obsessed with assault dogs, so I don't really know which dogs are technically assault dogs.

That's not the point though. The point is that we all know we could apply some common sense regulation to stop these dogs from getting into the hands of the wrong people. How many children need to die for people's sick assault dog hobby?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Do you advocate this kind of "common sense" reasoning for open carry-in-handbag dogs? Do people need to be trained in how to properly handle those? I think you're sticking to a dated ideology without really understanding the issues.
    Ugh, I don't claim to be an expert! We need to carefully study these issues, possibly by spending a lot of money on poorly done studies that show what I wanted to see anyway, then I'll be able to have a reasoning, expert, very serious opinion.

There should be some sort of class with training you have to take before being allowed to own a dog with pitbull in it. I actually think they should be outright banned, but that won't happen, so.

Look, I might not the exact terminology for these vicious killers. Like I said, I'm not obsessed with assault dogs, so I don't really know which dogs are technically assault dogs.

That's not the point though. The point is that we all know we could apply some common sense regulation to stop these dogs from getting into the hands of the wrong people. How many children need to die for people's sick assault dog hobby?
    You're ignorant about the breeds and their breed standards and what mentality is valued amongst PROPER breeders, yet you speak as if you sit on some sort of facts and information worth taking seriously. You don't have to be obsessed to be informed. I'd say that's some pretty damned moronic reasoning right there.

The problem is not with the dogs, it's with irresponsible backyard breeders and shitty owners...people with YOUR view of the breeds, buying them for that very reason. Considering just how many dogs of the type are abused, the miniscule % involved in harming humans is an extremely low number and most certainly doesn't warrant the title of "vicious killers" applied. Something that's pretty clear to people choosing the path of information rather than hyperbole and emotions.

Or maybe the mother was just retarded.

Seems to be the case, they should ban retarded parents.

- - - Updated - - -

You're ignorant about the breeds and their breed standards and what mentality is valued amongst PROPER breeders, yet you speak as if you sit on some sort of facts and information worth taking seriously. You don't have to be obsessed to be informed. I'd say that's some pretty damned moronic reasoning right there.

The problem is not with the dogs, it's with irresponsible backyard breeders and shitty owners...people with YOUR view of the breeds, buying them for that very reason. Considering just how many dogs of the type are abused, the miniscule % involved in harming humans is an extremely low number and most certainly doesn't warrant the title of "vicious killers" applied. Something that's pretty clear to people choosing the path of information rather than hyperbole and emotions.
    Don't you know? Extremely low numbers don't matter when someone is starting a witch hunt.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

OK, so I might not know everything about every specific bred of dog. So what? I don't need to know that to know that the ones with the big teeth and strong bites aren't things that normal, good people even want to have in their homes.

I mean, at least we can agree on some common sense regulation to keep assault dogs out of the hands of people that are mentally ill, right?

[Infracted - Derailing]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2016-06-29 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Or maybe the mother was just retarded.

Seems to be the case, they should ban retarded parents.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you know? Extremely low numbers don't matter when someone is starting a witch hunt.
    Indeed. It's sad to see that people choose to be that fucking stupid even in our day and age where information, TRUE information, is just a click away.

Breed standard and desired characteristics of the breed APBT:

The essential characteristics of the American Pit Bull Terrier are strength, confidence, and zest for life. This breed is eager to please and brimming over with enthusiasm. APBTs make excellent family companions and have always been noted for their love of children. Because most APBTs exhibit some level of dog aggression and because of its powerful physique, the APBT requires an owner who will carefully socialize and obedience train the dog. The breed’s natural agility makes it one of the most capable canine climbers so good fencing is a must for this breed. The APBT is not the best choice for a guard dog since they are extremely friendly, even with strangers. Aggressive behavior toward humans is uncharacteristic of the breed and highly undesirable. This breed does very well in performance events because of its high level of intelligence and its willingness to work.

Backyard breeders and shitty owners, want the OPPOSITE of what these dogs are SUPPOSED to be, and what they are in the hands of capable breeders and owners. The same goes for German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Bulldogs, American Bulldogs, Cane Corso etc etc. But no, let's use buzzwords like "assault dogs" and base our arguments on emotions and ignorance rather than facts and REAL common sense...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-29 at 01:32 PM.

Indeed. It's sad to see that people choose to be that fucking stupid even in our day and age where information, TRUE information, is just a click away.

Breed standard and desired characteristics of the breed APBT:

The essential characteristics of the American Pit Bull Terrier are strength, confidence, and zest for life. This breed is eager to please and brimming over with enthusiasm. APBTs make excellent family companions and have always been noted for their love of children. Because most APBTs exhibit some level of dog aggression and because of its powerful physique, the APBT requires an owner who will carefully socialize and obedience train the dog. The breed’s natural agility makes it one of the most capable canine climbers so good fencing is a must for this breed. The APBT is not the best choice for a guard dog since they are extremely friendly, even with strangers. Aggressive behavior toward humans is uncharacteristic of the breed and highly undesirable. This breed does very well in performance events because of its high level of intelligence and its willingness to work.

Backyard breeders and shitty owners, want the OPPOSITE of what these dogs are SUPPOSED to be, and what they are in the hands of capable breeders and owners. The same goes for German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Bulldogs, American Bulldogs, Cane Corso etc etc. But no, let's use buzzwords like "assault dogs" and base our arguments on emotions and ignorance rather than facts and REAL common sense...
    What, you -don't- want to be 'progressive'?
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    i deleted my post because i thought it was too in the face. But i see folks still don't get it :/.

80% of americans are in favor of closing the dog shows loophole that permits getting your hands in these murder tools. Get on with the current times already!.
    gawsh it is <current year> you bunch of neanderthals! Ughhhhhh11!!!

OK, so I might not know everything about every specific bred of dog. So what? I don't need to know that to know that the ones with the big teeth and strong bites aren't things that normal, good people even want to have in their homes.

I mean, at least we can agree on some common sense regulation to keep assault dogs out of the hands of people that are mentally ill, right?
    Yet plenty of normal, good people want and have those dogs in their homes. You once again show your ignorance. Plenty of dogs with big teeth and strong bites, do more good in society than you yourself ever could as police dogs, service dogs, military dogs and so on. The times that dogs are involved in shit, it's a HUMAN error behind. Be it their choice of dog vs their own capability, the breeding or a number of factors. There are tens of thousands of pit bull type dogs rescued every year from shitty owners and conditions that go on to making loving, safe family pets in the hands of capable owners.

I won't agree on "common sense" based in ignorance, emotions and stupidity over facts and ACTUAL numbers. Ban one type of dog, and the people wanting "dangerous" dogs to compensate for their small dicks and small minds will just find ANOTHER type of dog. The ban needs to target unregistered breeding and incapable owners, NOT the specific breeds/types of dogs. And you repeating the use of "assault dogs" doesn't exactly help your case in coming across as seeking true solutions. You just remind me of every other fearmonger throughout history.

But no, let's use YOUR frame of logic and call them "assault dogs" and base any arguments around that little nugget of "wisdom"...

Edit: Since I find it hard to believe that anyone can be this stupid, I'll write it off as baiting. Hopefully some of the other ignorami in this thread can learn something though.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-29 at 01:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just... just take a step back, and replace "dog" with "gun" and realize exactly what you're getting bated with.

This is fantastic.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-06-30 at 03:18 PM. Reason: reversed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenAkrua View Post
    Just... just take a step back, and replace "dog" with "gun" and realize exactly what you're getting bated with.

This is fantastic.
    c'mon dont tell them, you're ruining the fun...

Deleted
    I aren't even gonna attempt having a sensible discussion regarding this as it's impossible here, I will just say how it's an unfortunate tragic incident that could've been avoid with foresight - i'll leave the pathetic mud slinging for others

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe I even need to reply to this. Don't derail a thread about dogs into gun control. We already have a gun control thread.

The thing is almost everyone assumed after seeing the title that the dogs were going to be pitbulls. I love animals, I have actually been around a really big and really nice pitbull but Ive also been around some that have caused a lot of damage to other pets. This happens way too often and Pits need to dealt with and eliminated.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dog breeds are not the problem here.
    Even though, I too would say, that if the story is as reported that it was a tragic accident.
    I still think that there's something wrong with it, and the reason is hiding in this bit of the report:
    “She left the door open because it was hot, and she thought the dogs were tied up.”
    FFS... don't get a dog if you hold them outside.
    I hate that. And those dogs are always doomed to mentally collapse/misbehave, aside from the point that they're almost always mistreated.

If those animals were a stable part of the family indoors, that accident would have likely never happened.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."