Thread: PC Upgrade

PC Upgrade

Hello,

my current PC is highly underperforming, even tho it was build barely 2 years ago. I cant even play WoW on highest settings in WoD, wwhich piss me off, i got frame drops to like 10-15fps in 20man raid at pulls, not to mention it isnt performing better in any other game like any total war series or europa universalis / blade and soul. I get occassional blue screens as well. I would love to get some suggestions on to which pieces to change and is it even worth the effort. I mean wouldnt whole new build be better, here are my current specs:

Graphic card: Radeon R9 280X Club3D 3GB 1000/6000MHz 2xminiDP&HDMI&DVI (PCI-E) RoyalQueen CoolStream
    MB: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate
    Proc: Intel Core i5 4460 3,20 GHz BOX
    Drive: Samsung 2.5'' SSD 840 Evo 120GB (Serial ATA3) Basic 7mm
    RAM: GOODRAM DDR3 4GB 1600MHz CL9 Play
    Coolin: Thermalright HR-02 - Macho 120 Rev. A
    OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1 OEM upgraded to Win10
    Power supply: OCZ 600W Stealth X Stream
    Monitor: LG 24M35

My goal is to get steady fps in 20man raids without paying too much. I dont really have budget but i also dont wanna go for 1000$ just for a pc upgrade. Country to be ordered to is Poland if that changes anything. Also everything is 2 years old except for power supply which has around 4-5 years now.

Deleted
    Have you checked your fps if you remove all addons? The i5 you got, even when you bought it, isn't the best for cpu heavy games like wow. So it will be noticeable in raids. The R9 280X is a decent card but doesn't work that well in wow either. In comparison a gtx960 which is a little worse than what you got works much better. But thats the way it is with many games, on some amd works on other nvidia is pulling ahead.

On the cpu side if you buy new gen you need new cpu/mobo/ram. The other option would be to buy an i5 4670k and overclock it. Thats about it with your cpu options.
    Gpu side well there is new gpu's out atm. For wow really the way it is atm, with what you got, you will have to spend alot for generally small gains compared to a 7-8year old rig.

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    my current PC is highly underperforming, even tho it was build barely 2 years ago. I cant even play WoW on highest settings in WoD, wwhich piss me off, i got frame drops to like 10-15fps in 20man raid at pulls, not to mention it isnt performing better in any other game like any total war series or europa universalis / blade and soul.
    the pull is usually the most intense part of wow, the game suddenly goes from not much happening to EVERYTHING happening at once. does it relax after that to numbers you're happy with? try disabling damage meter addons and seeing if that improves fps on pulls. recount / skada were the downfall of my pc on kormrok's dragging hands, turning them off immediately resolved the issue.

if that doesn't fully help, turn some settings down. i can never remember which are the best to turn down first.. AA probably.

total war is kind of a monster of a game too, i'd recommend turning settings down on that as well. especially like the super high resolution grass blades and silly things like that!
    i don't really know anything about the other games, except blade and soul probably uses a lot of processing power to jiggle those titties. maybe you can toggle titty-jiggling off in the settings?*

you do have a Z87 board which gives you the option of changing to an unlocked cpu and overclocking, which will directly improve your minimum fps in wow - but turning down the settings and disabling cpu hogging addons is a lot cheaper.

*this is unhelpful sarcasm, but good lord the titty jiggling in that game is definitely something..

Thanks for the response!

In regard to WoW i already lowered game graphics to the point where it is lowest but with visual threats still being seen well (like fire etc), i tried playing without most of addons only with DBM and Bartender, but didnt change much, unfortunately. Of course after pull everything steadies out, but pull is most of the tiime most immportant part for mythic raider who min/max everything.

If i had to chose between changing cpu mob and ram or graphic card which way should i go and what would be best choice in either way? I dont really want to overclock anything as i have no clue about it and i am afraid i would do something wrong, so i was thinking about maybe just get i-7 ?

I will want to spend around 2000 zlotys, You can check polish shops prices here http://www.komputronik.eu/