Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only change to Pharah i would like to see if anything is a small reduction in the radius of her rockets. Little annoying sometimes dying to her as a squishy character when she shot a couple rockets at the floor 2 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Actually it is relevant because the reason I do as good in this game as I am now is my awareness and positioning is all taken from what I played with Raka. It's just I feel that's not enough when it specifically comes to Pharah. I mean, hell, I can even elude Reapers with ease often.
    League is way different than Overwatch, it's not relevant at all.

Just the transitioning from 2D movement to 3D alone is enough. On top of that, League is a lot slower of a game movement wise.

Pharah is fine. Most stages even have areas that you can cut off her vision of you from if your team won't protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I can handle Pharas pretty darn well as Soldier, if you ignore Phara however, she'll win the game for you... very easily. It's amazing how teams tend to ignore her because she is not in their direct line of sight and hovering above them.
    Her biggest weakness is that she's exposed pretty much the whole time. She's a strong pick for sure and if I'd nerf something about her, it would be her pushback. Lucio's looks rather underwhelming compared to hers.
    It seems to be a common occurrence that a team will get wrecked by 1 sniper or long ranged character and never do anything about it no matter how much you ask people who have classes that can deal with ranged threats to put some pressure on them. I watched one match as Reinhardt where a sniper stood on the same column top for 12 minutes worth of a match and just picked people off left and right and no one did jack about it. You would think in the least once you got sniperd twice by the same sniper you might do something about them, but nooooooo.

phara is easy to kill as mercy though..

Aside from S76, a surprise Bastion or Torbjorn turret is the bane of my existence on Pharah. They often rip your tits off before you can react. And their range is nuts.

Plus of course, snipers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Guys I'm liek this good so when I tell you this stuff you know I'm right, but like this one thing hurts me more than other things and I don't know what to do about it, so that one thing needs to be nerfed so I can be happy.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Pretty decent bait thread 6/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Only change to Pharah i would like to see if anything is a small reduction in the radius of her rockets. Little annoying sometimes dying to her as a squishy character when she shot a couple rockets at the floor 2 miles away.
    a) Nothing is dying in 2 shots that aren't direct hits.
    b) At "2 miles away" you ran into them, or that Pharah has some wicked instincts to put mulitple rockets into your face (see A) from across the map.
    b (2)) Or you didn't do anything much to avoid them.

I hope this has helped improve your Overwatch experience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Guys I'm liek this good so when I tell you this stuff you know I'm right, but like this one thing hurts me more than other things and I don't know what to do about it, so that one thing needs to be nerfed so I can be happy.
    About 90% of the official overwatch forums.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    About 90% of the official overwatch forums.
    Every game lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AoE on her rockets is tiny, if you're dying in two shots you're either almost or entirely taking direct hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I am a Diamond II LoL player on average.
    Stopped reading here.

my main problem with pharah is that her hover is barely audible when theres some action going around, so its hard to tell, when she approaches from the sides and the first warning is usually rocket at your feet. the second problem is being paired with mercy, good mercy is probably even more unpredictable with her movement than pharah and its even more pain the ass to kill. good widow is the only real good counter, soldier has serious damage dropoff at longer ranges and usually cannot get close enough without being too exposed, especially if he has to constantly look up in the air and can pay only so much attention to his surroundings

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing Phara needs is a nerf to her ult.
    No not dmg wise but warning wise.
    She starts yelling "Justice rains from above" like 0.5 sec into her ult. And for a normal person to respond it takes around 1 sec. That is 1.5 seconds and you're dead unless you had your eye on her.
    So either make her yell the seconds rockets being fired or 0.5 sec before. Ults are great and all but you should be able to counter them even if you're not ready.
    THen again not every hero can counter every ult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    The only thing Phara needs is a nerf to her ult.
    No not dmg wise but warning wise.
    She starts yelling "Justice rains from above" like 0.5 sec into her ult. And for a normal person to respond it takes around 1 sec. That is 1.5 seconds and you're dead unless you had your eye on her.
    So either make her yell the seconds rockets being fired or 0.5 sec before. Ults are great and all but you should be able to counter them even if you're not ready.
    THen again not every hero can counter every ult.
    The ult is fine. Gives people enough time to hear it and scatter or kill Pharah unless she's practically right next to you. In the PotG I posted in the highlights thread, my first post, you'll notice I hit those guys with rocket barrage because I ambushed them and they walked into it. But at my MMR, I find its harder and harder to find a good opportunity to use rocket barrage because I'll either get sniped or they'll scatter and my efforts will be useless. There is plenty of time for people to react unless you really get a good spot to ambush them.

And its true for a lot of ults at my level. High Noon? Usually you can duck for cover or snipe McCree. D.Va ult? Get behind something. Tactical Visor? Get behind something. Hanzo Ult? I rarely see that one get kills anymore either unless it's launched at really close range.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The ult is fine. Gives people enough time to hear it and scatter or kill Pharah unless she's practically right next to you. In the PotG I posted in the highlights thread, my first post, you'll notice I hit those guys with rocket barrage because I ambushed them and they walked into it. But at my MMR, I find its harder and harder to find a good opportunity to use rocket barrage because I'll either get sniped or they'll scatter and my efforts will be useless. There is plenty of time for people to react unless you really get a good spot to ambush them.

And its true for a lot of ults at my level. High Noon? Usually you can duck for cover or snipe McCree. D.Va ult? Get behind something. Tactical Visor? Get behind something. Hanzo Ult? I rarely see that one get kills anymore either unless it's launched at really close range.
    Yeah, I think Pharah's is probably the easiest of them all to interrupt since you can either scatter, shoot her, or fly D.Va's DM into it to soak it, and her position is very obviously given away, unlike S76s or McCrees. It's probably the hardest of them to actually pull off to great effect in that respect.

Deleted
    I am a Diamond II LoL player on average, maining Soraka (that game's healer) and a Mercy Main in OW with a 62% WLR in quick play and almost 10-0 so far in competitive placements. I've always immensely disliked Pharah and feel she has no counterplay from my perspective. This isn't actually a scrub obviously claiming this, but when she sets her sights on you, it's about as fun as when a Scout or Soldier hounds you as Medic in TF2. It's usually pointless to try to frag her since she has unlimited mobility and knockback so when I see Pharah on me, I can just try to move around erratically until someone catches onto her (while spamming for help) or more often than not just die. There's pretty much nothing else I feel I can do. Pretty much ALL my critical deaths on Mercy are to Pharah, and it's made more stupid by the fact these players don't care if they die themselves and will just suicide to rid of you.
    Can you link your profile, just interested

Also this is from a Pharah main. She can be stopped, very easily by players who know what they're doing. Mercy is one of the easier Healers to shut down as she's slow and has no actual self heal. If your team is playing well they will protect you, also you need to LOS as much as possible. A good Mercy is VERY hard to kill if they have any map awareness and position accordingly.
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2016-06-30 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The AoE on her rockets is tiny, if you're dying in two shots you're either almost or entirely taking direct hits.
    Was a slight exaggeration, I just dont like weapons that you dont actually have to hit the person. Same reason i really dont like Junkrat.
    I often see Pharahs get a card at the end of the game and it shows really low direct hit %, like 10-20%. It just annoys me sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a slight exaggeration, I just dont like weapons that you dont actually have to hit the person. Same reason i really dont like Junkrat.
    I often see Pharahs get a card at the end of the game and it shows really low direct hit %, like 10-20%. It just annoys me sometimes.
    It's area denial and suppression. Stopping your whole team moving on to a position can be more important than killing you. The objectives are clear, it's not just about kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    I like the fact how you NEED to address that you're diamond in LoL, just like in your other topics, yet you have the mentality of a copper player in Overwatch.
    It's kinda cute really
    Not even that, it's a soraka "main". I bet they play janna and spam dynamic queue, too XD