Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    We aren't talking about some ancient history here; there are people alive who remember it. And given that four dozen gay people were just murdered, and days later pastors popped up telling us how great that was, there is clearly still work to be done.
    Although you made many more points, this is the one I want to reinforce for all of the people who keep pointing out that it isn't illegal to be gay in America: a man who struggled with his own sexuality due to a society that shamed him for it murdered 49 other people, a mix of gay people and their allies and we watched as people around the country celebrated it. That's why Pride exists. In 2016, it's still possible, even in the enlightened western world, to be murdered for your sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, but you must realize that the way you constructed that reply is pretty telling.

And there are enough people who go that way in order to never be wrong, so.. maybe I'm both wary and weary of it.
    You just started replying to me after I was asking other posters to back up their claim that these websites claim or even imply straight people should hate themselves or can't have opinions i'm asking for links. It's not hard. If you don't want to then don't reply to me

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Of course the articles aren't going to be that way wtf? But some are very cleverly disguised under other clickbaity titles.
    Hardly cleverly disguised.

"HURR DURR WHITE GUYS DID SOMETHING BAD AGAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Mainstream media constantly attacking you for being "le privileged born racist monster." should just be shrugged off? Lol, ok.
    What mainstream media would that be? I mean even if some 100% garbage magazine (Daily Mail, Bild, The Sun) WOULD print that, I wouldn't care, because that is like just one of the hundreds of stupid things that gets printed in those weekly.

Again, look for real implications.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We don't have a parade to express our joy being ourselves. We have a parade to express our right to exist. We're told regularly that we should die, that we're abominations, that we're going to hell, that we're mentally damaged, and there are a host of countries where it is illegal for us to exist. Name one place where it is illegal for a heterosexual to be themselves? Yeah, now I hope you get it.
    Interesting. I've seen several, at least advocates, tell people against the idea to die. It is illegal for me to refuse to sell a cake to a gay couple, where is my pride day? Yeah, I think you get it.

Deleted
    All these pride days are retarded. Heterosexual or LGBT, doesn't matter, equally tarded. ProudToPutMyJunkInX/Y-day... Smh

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    What mainstream media would that be? I mean even if some 100% garbage magazine (Daily Mail, Bild, The Sun) WOULD print that, I wouldn't care, because that is like just one of the hundreds of stupid things that gets printed in those weekly.

Again, look for real implications.
    Good thing I have you to tell me what and what I should not be concerned about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course the articles aren't going to be that way wtf? But some are very cleverly disguised under other clickbaity titles.
    So link those then? I'd like to see them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Interesting. I've seen several, at least advocates, tell people against the idea to die. It is illegal for me to refuse to sell a cake to a gay couple, where is my pride day? Yeah, I think you get it.
    Sexuality is a protected class. I know the cake thing was on the more ridiculous end, but imagine if an EMT had the right to say no to life-saving assistance?

What would a heterosexual pride day even accomplish? I don't think heterosexuals really face any plights in America just for being straight. It wouldn't raise awareness of anything other than the existence of heterosexuals, which is already very prevalent in media. No one freaks out because Tony Stark has a wife, but there is *a possible lesbian couple* in finding dory and twitter hastags go crazy about the gay agenda creeping in.

But I do urge those people to have a heterosexual pride parade. I would love to see what angle the events took.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I don't think we're going to get any links before this thread is locked.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pride is a stupid sentiment. It doesn't accomplish anything.

Look, I'm heterosexual, but I don't want my sexuality to define who I am. I am not sure anyone wants their sexual orientation to be their defining characteristic. I think it's ok to be tolerant and respectful of other people, but just because I am heterosexual doesn't mean I want to have a parade shouting it out. I think sexuality should be personal anyway. Who really cares.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0dbb1bbb9fa5c?

Doesn't have white in it but lets start with one that focuses on "male entitlement" as if a woman could not have done the exact same.

Anyway, I don't think there is the necessity for a #HeterosexualPrideDay. I find Pride Days in general to be divisive.

But I also don't see why not. As in, I don't see why any angry Tumblr kids would feel they have the right to tell people they're not allowed to do that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    "Everyday is heterosexual pride day" comment.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I have close friends who are gay and even friends parents that are gay, hell one of my good friends from years ago, both of his parents, father and mother were gay and it never bothered me because I have no seeded hate towards something that doesn't effect me in any way like the religious people who are against it. There is no logical reason outside of religion or someone being in the closet to hate gay people period.
    I just dont like when guys start kissing in front of me, i find it disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    #HeterosexualPrideDay is trending on Twitter and people are not happy about it

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heterosex...124614389.html
    Yeah it's probably right up there with white people pride day if there was such a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Sexuality is a protected class. I know the cake thing was on the more ridiculous end, but imagine if an EMT had the right to say no to life-saving assistance?
    Oh I definitely agree with not being able to deny this type of service to anyone.

I'm simply pointing out the attacks on other groups of individuals that don't have a pride day. Or shall we say pride month since that seems to be the in thing.
    Last edited by Zyster; 2016-06-29 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0dbb1bbb9fa5c?

Doesn't have white in it but lets start with one that focuses on "male entitlement" as if a woman could not have done the exact same.
    How about lets not, I'm asking for articles specifically about straight whites. As for your article I've read it before, you should know I'm not fan of huffington posts and think they say stupid shit but nothing in that article says men have to hate themselves its saying men can and do assault women over rejection, women do as well. Make an article yourself if you want to touch on that topic.

Now where is the article that says straights cannot have opinions and must hate themselves?