Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You don't have to care. Hell, World War 3 could break out and you could not care. The problem is you barge in and tell others they shouldn't care. And that's where I disagree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I know you can dismiss and call things you disagree with paranoia, but can you actually reply with something of worth? Like, you know - a reason why no one should take the MSM dishing out propaganda, or universities telling white men to hate themselves, or companies fighting and legitimizing the absurd, misandrist concept that is "manspreading".

- - - Updated - - -

No, mainstream media is just that.

MAINSTREAM media.

This includes Fox, Huffington Post, Gawker, The Guardian, etc.
    I don't even know half of those things you mention; you should dig less into the internet and listen to what people actually talk about. You don't have to lock yourself into some echo-chamber, wherever that thing is.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to care. Hell, World War 3 could break out and you could not care. The problem is you barge in and tell others they shouldn't care. And that's where I disagree with you.
    Well no see if WW3 broke out that would be a huge concern to me because I kind of care about the welfare of this planet and don't feel like dying to a nuclear bomb, right? But what Stacy, the woman's studies major, has to say about straight white men means absolutely fuck all in the grand scheme of things. She'll update her Tumblr blog, maybe get hired to write for Huffington post, hell maybe she becomes a politician. And then her laws reach the supreme court and they laugh all the way to the bank as they shut that shit down faster than you can say Systematic Racism. That's why it doesn't fucking matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I don't even know half of those things you mention; you should dig less into the internet and listen to what people actually talk about. You don't have to lock yourself into some echo-chamber, wherever that thing is.
    If you don't know half the things being talked about, chances are you're the one in an echo-chamber, but whatever.

Deleted
    #Whatever #really #, #the #world #needs #more #hashtags.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well no see if WW3 broke out that would be a huge concern to me because I kind of care about the welfare of this planet and don't feel like dying to a nuclear bomb, right? But what Stacy, the woman's studies major, has to say about straight white men means absolutely fuck all in the grand scheme of things. She'll update her Tumblr blog, maybe get hired to write for Huffington post, hell maybe she becomes a politician. And then her laws reach the supreme court and they laugh all the way to the bank as they shut that shit down faster than you can say Systematic Racism. That's why it doesn't fucking matter.
    Are you seriously trying to argue why you would care for WW3? Of course you would, but even if you didn't, that would be no problem.

Aside from that, that's basically supposition. How did the anti-manspreading initiative come about? I thought ludicrous ideas were gonna be laughed out of the building? Or how about the fight on "Beach Body Ready" posters and those of similar style while I see no such fight against advertisements that make use of strong, buff men.

If you don't know half the things being talked about, chances are you're the one in an echo-chamber, but whatever.
    I wouldn't bet on that... like what the hell is manspreading?

Maybe US uni campuses are on another level; I certainly never encountered shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is telling them that white, heterosexual men are still born racist and must do anything they can to atone. Bullshit about white privilege, male privilege, cultural appropriation, rape culture, yadda yadda yadda.
    Where? I don't see this at all.

I see Twitter talking about this sort of thing, and a few boutique blogs. The "mainstream" isn't telling white heterosexual men this stuff at all.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Maybe US uni campuses are on another level; I certainly never encountered shit like that.
    Manspreading is the ludicrous concept that men are somehow more likely to take up more space somewhere by spreading their legs (because they happen to have testicles) while pretending that women never take up unnecessary space.

Something that is actually being taken seriously now, rather than the idiotic Tumblr concept it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously trying to argue why you would care for WW3? Of course you would, but even if you didn't, that would be no problem.

Aside from that, that's basically supposition. How did the anti-manspreading initiative come about? I thought ludicrous ideas were gonna be laughed out of the building? Or how about the fight on "Beach Body Ready" posters and those of similar style while I see no such fight against advertisements that make use of strong, buff men.
    An initiative that's still contained in the irrelevant sphere of social media. Are some laws I don't know about being passed that outlaw "manspreading"? And I could give two shits about advertisements or a discussion on them, companies will cater to who they want, however they want if it'll bring them more money. If you want less buff dudes in advertisements start your own movement idk what to tell you about that

10+ Year Old Account
    No, mainstream media is just that.

MAINSTREAM media.

This includes Fox, Huffington Post, Gawker, The Guardian, etc.

If you were to use Fox's conduct as an argument, I wouldn't go "LOL, you just call it mainstream to serve your argument."
    What? HuffPo isn't mainstream media. It's an alternative media editorial site. Same for Gawker.

Mainstream Media is New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, BBC, Hollywood movies, network television, etc.

It's not blogs, twitter, and tumblr feeds. Those things are niche media.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Where? I don't see this at all.

I see Twitter talking about this sort of thing, and a few boutique blogs. The "mainstream" isn't telling white heterosexual men this stuff at all.
    When the National Organisation for Women gives its annual award to a false rape accuser who does art to "fight against white patriarchy", you know it's not just twitter and a few blogs

It's mainstream feminism

Also HuffPo is definitely mainstream media, not just CNN and Fox News - this isn't the 1990s

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/think...nal-space.html

Just grabbing the first link that popped up on google just as a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Drama queen much? The self pity is so thick I cant even see through it.
    That's not self pity, my friend. That's actual truth and reality. 100% of it. The fact that you don't understand or see it goes to show how little you understand the purpose or point of pride.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

I would bet money against you. Seeing as I must just want to say I'm discriminated against if I think like telling people their opinion doesn't count if you don't have a brick thrown at you. (Which, according to Darth, since I'm Bi but never had bricks hurled at me, I don't count.)

I remember how people said the tackling of rape of campus was fine as the mattress girl shit rolled out and got stupider once Obama invited himself into the mire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What? HuffPo isn't mainstream media. It's an alternative media editorial site. Same for Gawker.

Mainstream Media is New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, BBC, Hollywood movies, network television, etc.

It's not blogs, twitter, and tumblr feeds. Those things are niche media.
    I was about to say this... Once the BBC start having regular articles about it i'll perhaps take it seriously

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Wasn't aware this happened
    Thats what a gay pride parade is. A group of people celebrating their sexuality (who they like to fuck). A pointless and odd event to be sure.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You are mixing things now. having sexiest remarks in public isnt really a good thing no matter if you are gay or straight. Between friends is Ok to some degree. I wont be talking about how i think that girl infront of me has < insert the most sexiest word you can think of > ass with my sister, mother, father or female friend. There are always limits....
    Sure, I'm not talking about that stuff with my sister either, but I do with my friends. Before Pride became a thing, people didn't even come out of the closet with their friends and family. When people started coming out, that's what triggered the social change to acceptance.

Because she labeled herself as gay. That's what im tryeng to say. No one cares until you start the topic about something.
    She's a public figure. She couldn't have dated her wife without people figuring it out. It still caused her to lose her show.

yeah but carnivals are few millenias older
    Not really relevant. Both events had to start sometime.

Again, most people just don't pay attention until you rub it in their face.
    Is walking down a street holding hands with the person you care about rubbing "it" in people's faces? If so, I'm guilty of doing that with several girlfriends. And if I were gay and doing that in the 80s, you'd better believe people would have cared.

G2G now, need to make dinner and gonna download S vs B and watch it....
    I'm sorry for you. B vs. S was a pretty terrible movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/think...nal-space.html

Just grabbing the first link that popped up on google just as a heads up.
    Isn't that an isolated case that started the the nonsense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    When the National Organisation for Women gives its annual award to a false rape accuser who does art to "fight against white patriarchy", you know it's not just twitter and a few blogs

It's mainstream feminism

Also HuffPo is definitely mainstream media, not just CNN and Fox News - this isn't the 1990s
    How many times have you encountered National Organization for Women in your life? Like, how did it affect your personal life? Examples needed.

Like Cyberowl said above, some of you people should spend less time reading marginal articles in the Internet and more time actually looking at the world around you. It's hard though when media bombards you constantly with irrelevant stories, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    How many times have you encountered National Organization for Women in your life? Like, how did it affect your personal life? Examples needed.

Like Cyberowl said above, some of you people should spend less time reading marginal articles in the Internet and more time actually looking at the world around you. It's hard though when media bombards you constantly with irrelevant stories, I know.
    Unfortunately I think some people crave on such nonsense