Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We don't have a parade to express our joy being ourselves. We have a parade to express our right to exist. We're told regularly that we should die, that we're abominations, that we're going to hell, that we're mentally damaged, and there are a host of countries where it is illegal for us to exist. Name one place where it is illegal for a heterosexual to be themselves? Yeah, now I hope you get it.
    Drama queen much? The self pity is so thick I cant even see through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

No one said you can't be proud to be white or male or heterosexual. Since every day is already your day as you're the norm that everyone else is compared against, being in-your-face about it is an insult.
    To be fair imho there is very little reason to be proud for any of the pride movements, what ever subset of humanity they are based on. The idea of being proud of a non-achievement (eg. just existing) always felt a bit forced and hollow to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lets not have any oppression pride days. Nobody is oppressed in the first world.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-29 at 04:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Cant have a day to celebrate your self apparently.

Inb4

"Everyday is heterosexual pride day" comment.
    Because being a heterosexual in some places in the world can result in your execution. Because being a heterosexual in many places around the world will result in harassment and job discrimination. Because being a heterosexual in most places around the world means you will be looked down on.

Are people seriously this clueless in life?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Careful now you re disagreeing with a mod in mmochamp.... you re treading on dangerous territory.
    Even though I haven't seen unjustified infractions from darthsithis yet but it's a usual trend in mmochamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    And who made this possible? The heteroes! #Pride .
    Fuck, I dunno those scientists that figured that shit out.
    But it's sorta scary if you ask me.
    Procreation without human involvement. Spooky shit.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Catchi View Post
    They might as well hashtag #yaywe'renotoppressedprideday
    But isn't mocking heterosexuals and their supposed lack of "reasons" do demonstrate "pride" for their sexuality technically oppression in itself?

It's not like every heterosexual has a wonderful life and no problems at all just because they're heterosexual.

And no I don't really "condone" the whole thing, part because it's likely being used to mock/tease, part because the whole concept of pride in general is not a great thing. If the fight is to make it fair and normal to have whatever sexuality you might, then treating it as special shouldn't be the way to go, I think.

But if it's believed that's the best way to go about it, then sure. Just seems weird to me that people who have been/are oppressed so freely judge and look down on others just because they believe those others don't have it as bad as they do (which in itself kinda is prejudice and discrimination based on the person's sexuality).
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-06-29 at 04:05 PM.

Eh, they can have their day and make it about whatever they want. If hetero's get a day, it's going to be for balancing purposes.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Fuck, I dunno those scientists that figured that shit out.
    But it's sorta scary if you ask me.
    Procreation without human involvement. Spooky shit.
    Procreation happens without human consistent on a fairly regular basis I'm sure.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Lets remove all oppression pride days. Nobody is oppressed in the first world.
    The first world extinct with the fall of the ussr

Just like with gay pride, its just dumb. Why should you be proud of something that is purely accident of birth? Did you do something to make yourself be gay or straight? Or were you just born that way? Its just not some major accomplishment you need to be proud of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Procreation happens without human consistent on a fairly regular basis I'm sure.
    We are talking about human procreation, not any kind.
    Science reached the point where we became almost, and soon completely obsolete for that task.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one said you can't be proud to be white or male or heterosexual. Since every day is already your day as you're the norm that everyone else is compared against, being in-your-face about it is an insult.
    Everyday is my day!? What fucking moronic rock have you lived under?! I cant voice my opinion at all anymore without being labelled a bigot and a racist and a piece of shit. Not because I am any of those things, but because the opinions of a straight white male in todays society is worthless, and should be treated with complete disregard. Hell you're guilty of oppressing straight white males here on mmo-champion every day when you ban them for stating their opinions and how they feel, and you banning them because they arent in line with your liberal bullshit.

Oh, let me guess, im getting infracted for that one.

I just fucking love how apparently all these gay people bitching about this fought for the right to treat straight people the same way they hated being treated. Sounds like a bunch of fucking hypocritical assholes too me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Just like with gay pride, its just dumb. Why should you be proud of something that is purely accident of birth? Did you do something to make yourself be gay or straight? Or were you just born that way? Its just not some major accomplishment you need to be proud of.
    Now here's a valid point of why its silly. But now I like the hashtag just because hypocritical assholes need to see how fucking stupid they're being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's not that its an accomplishment its that to this day we still have legislators and people who actively fight against homosexuals/queer people and want them to have less rights than straight people for various (stupid) reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    "Name one place where it is illegal for a heterosexual to be themselves?" Name one place in the western world where it's illegal for homosexuals to be themselves.

Do you live in a country where it's illegal for you to be you? Then you need to get out of that third world country.
    Until a year ago it was illegal for me to get married in most of the US. Even if I lived in a state that allowed it, the federal government wouldn't recognize it. Right now there are people trying to force legislation through in two states that will make it legal for me to denied service - any service - because of my sexuality, for something I cannot change. It's still legal to send your child to a "Pray the Gay Away" camp and just a few short decades ago it was legal to commit homosexuals to asylums where they were brutally treated in an effort to cure them, all of this in the "western world".

This whole thing is like telling a black man he should be happy that drinking fountains aren't segregated any more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The first world extinct with the fall of the ussr
    We're not extinct, we won.

Gay parades aren't due to gay "pride", but to make a point about their basic rights. I doubt gays are anymore prideful than your average heterosexual guy/girl.

Can't people just have parades/days for w/e the hell they want without people losing their shit? Christ, it's just a hashtag. Just like homosexual marriage does not deteriorate heterosexual marriage, neither does this pride thing. Is it tasteful? Ymmv. But it's certainly not something to get bent out of shape over.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Everyday is my day!? What fucking moronic rock have you lived under?! Hell you're guilty of oppressing straight white males here on mmo-champion every day when you ban them for stating their opinions and how they feel, and you banning them because they arent in line with your liberal bullshit.

Oh, let me guess, im getting infracted for that one.

I just fucking love how apparently all these gay people bitching about this fought for the right to treat straight people the same way they hated being treated. Sounds like a bunch of fucking hypocritical assholes too me.
    Hell you're guilty of oppressing straight white males here on mmo-champion every day when you ban them for stating their opinions and how they feel, and you banning them because they arent in line with your liberal bullshit.
    That would be true if they were banned for being straight, white, males. Which they are not, so they are not being oppressed by the mmo-champion mod team.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    lmfao, okay.

What is the barrier for entry? What's the metric that has to be met? How many Oppressed Peoples Points does a group have to get before they're allowed to have their own hash tag?
    The situations aren't comparable. White people are not being oppressed because black people in one country hate them for oppressing them.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Oh so that makes it justified?
    I never said hate was justified. Don't put words in my mouth.

Until the day comes that someone throws bricks at you with the aim of killing you because of your skin color or your sexuality, you don't get to complain.