Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    you asked for mainstream, buzzfeed is batshit retarded but is it or is it not mainstream? how about the huffington post?
    Buzzfeed and huffington post are both the shittiest websites on internet. Both have competition which one will make more anti-white-male articles.

So, I think I can sum up this rapidly evolving thread.

You can't be proud of yourself if you're straight. Because the only way you could be is to spite gays. (Somehow)

Treating people like garbage based on their skin color and generalizations are not cool. Unless we're talking about how all white people oppressed blacks. And how all straight people have been oppressing gays.

And your opinion doesn't matter until someone hurls a brick at you.

Yep. Standard LGBT thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    As a straight white male I am bombarded daily by propaganda from various sources telling me how guilty I should feel because: I'm responsible for holocaust, slavery, genocide in Africa, for being white....telling me that father's day should be scraped because I'm already privileged by working 70 hours a week and supporting my family financially. I can't do this, I can't do that...blahh blahh blahh.
    Various sources aka Tumblr. Just stop using the website. I won't go to Stormfront and make a stupid statement like "WOW THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE IS THINKING??"

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's good. I don't experience, today, nearly the same sense of persecution I did when I was a teen in the 90's. Even then, in the 90's, it was far better than, say, the 60's or 70's. Way better, because people had already paved the path for me. It wasn't all roses, though.

I do want to apologize for my earlier statement. It wasn't right for me to tell you that you don't have a right to complain or feel something.

It's not about moving. The whole point of pride is to continue to keep the the fact that there are a lot of places on this planet where we are murdered for our sexuality (and even here in the US) or where it is illegal to be us. If we all just said "okay, well, in the US things are better, so we're done", what would change?
    Humans are tribal just like in the stone age and will always find a way to group themselves together whether it be race, religion, or sexuality but we are moving toward a future where those that think like that are becoming so minuscule that you should be able to brush it aside as a crazy persons rantings. And yes I speak as an American and I understand that other countries such as in the middle east homosexuality is actually a crime.

I honestly feel that the whole PC movement just makes things worse by bringing attention to our differences rather than just letting people learn for themselves what's what.

I'm curious if in my lifetime humans will just be humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There's a specific group of feminists who believe any form of intercourse is raped... We call them trolls.
    That's them. Might aswell throw in social justice warriors for the sake of it.
    Sesspool of shite, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Various sources aka Tumblr. Just stop using the website. I won't go to Stormfront and make a stupid statement like "WOW THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE IS THINKING??"
    *cough* Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gawker, The Guardian, MTV,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Humans are tribal just like in the stone age and will always find a way to group themselves together whether it be race, religion, or sexuality but we are moving toward a future where those that think like that are becoming so minuscule that you should be able to brush it aside as a crazy persons rantings. And yes I speak as an American and I understand that other countries such as in the middle east homosexuality is actually a crime.

I honestly feel that the whole PC movement just makes things worse by bringing attention to our differences rather than just letting people learn for themselves what's what.
    We think a lot alike. I can't stand the PC movement. I think it's retarded. It fosters differences to an extreme degree and makes it difficult to find common ground between people because every gesture, every nuance of every word can be taken wrong. It's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see someone got triggered

Being straight or bisexual is fun. You get to blame nothing or no one but yourself and your own mistakes when something goes wrong while being told that everything is going swimmingly for you in life because you are straight or bisexual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    *cough* Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gawker, The Guardian, MTV,
    They have articles telling straight people they can't have opinions and to kill themselves? Pls link should be easy

They have articles telling straight people they can't have opinions and to kill themselves? Pls link should be easy
    Oh, you're going to go the "they must literally say it to the last word or you're wrong." route.

Playing obtuse when it benefits you sure is fun, eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see someone got triggered

Lame effort but you get a star for trying

#illstayoutofyourbedroomifyoudontbringyourbedroomintothestreet
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh, you're going to go the "they must literally say it to the last word or you're wrong." route.

Playing obtuse when it benefits you sure is fun, eh.
    So you're reading into things that haven't been said, about what I thought

So you're reading into things that haven't been said, about what I thought
    No, but you must realize that the way you constructed that reply is pretty telling.

And there are enough people who go that way in order to never be wrong, so.. maybe I'm both wary and weary of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Because I have never been insulted or harassed for being heterosexual. Gay people have been oppressed and the parade is to celebrate their choice to be themselves.
    As others have said before (and I'm sure have said again after this post), pride parades have little to do with pride or celebration. They are an attempt to remove the social stigma involved in it and the horrible psychological harm that is done by shitty people in an intolerant society. (Don't assume the rest of this post is directed at you; just using it as a jumping-off point.)

Suicide rates among gay teens is 2-6 times that of their heterosexual counterparts; estimates put it anywhere from 30-50% of gay teens who will attempt to take their own lives. If your parents didn't accept your sexuality, you're fucked: You're six times more likely to suffer from depression and three times more likely to be a drug addict. One in four gay students students report being harassed or bullied for their sexuality, and that rises to one in three for transgender students.

It is a big deal. And it is precisely what pride parades are meant to combat: The idea that there's something wrong with you or that the world is out to get you or that your life is going to be a living hell because you don't love who somebody else tells you you should love. Moreover, exposure works as a solution to these problems. Every time somebody attempts to study how the gay rights movement managed to achieve so much success in such a relatively short period of time they come to the same conclusion: More and more people who somebody who is gay. Moving sexuality out of the closet is literally working.

Furthermore, I think people should study their histories. There is a reason that June is gay pride month. There is a reason that most major cities have their parades the weekend nearest to June 28th: It is the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, when riots erupted when police tried to arrest the occupants of a gay bar for nothing more than their sexuality, and the beginning of the LGBTQ rights movement. We aren't talking about some ancient history here; there are people alive who remember it. And given that four dozen gay people were just murdered, and days later pastors popped up telling us how great that was, there is clearly still work to be done.

And yet there's still a group of people who will participate in something as idiotic, uninformed or outright bigoted as "Heterosexual Pride Day" for nothing more than an attempt to slap people who are trying to do good in the world in the face and proclaim they somehow had it coming. Because reasons.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

Typical group of "fathers".
    Hey, at least they look like they could potentially be fathers. Lately it seems like everyone gets it wrong and they celebrate that they have a father instead. :P

Nothing is lovelier than a bunch of kids puking everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

As a straight white male I am bombarded daily by propaganda from various sources telling me how guilty I should feel because: I'm responsible for holocaust, slavery, genocide in Africa, for being white....telling me that father's day should be scraped because I'm already privileged by working 70 hours a week and supporting my family financially. I can't do this, I can't do that...blahh blahh blahh.
    Then stop being bothered by morons; as if any of this would have any real implications in your real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Then stop being bothered by morons; as if any of this would have any real implications in your real life.
    Mainstream media constantly attacking you for being "le privileged born racist monster." should just be shrugged off? Lol, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, I think I can sum up this rapidly evolving thread.

You can't be proud of yourself if you're straight. Because the only way you could be is to spite gays. (Somehow)

Treating people like garbage based on their skin color and generalizations are not cool. Unless we're talking about how all white people oppressed blacks. And how all straight people have been oppressing gays.

And your opinion doesn't matter until someone hurls a brick at you.

Yep. Standard LGBT thread.
    Just sounds like you would like to pull some discrimination card for yourself, tbh.

Deleted
    Of course the articles aren't going to be that way wtf? But some are very cleverly disguised under other clickbaity titles.