Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Dog fighting isn't necessary. Eating meat is arguably necessary (I can't personally recall any bodybuilders who subscribe to vegetarian or vegan diets and maintained their muscle mass for any notable length of time, let alone increased it). If dog blood was a relatively inexpensive way to increase health and physical fitness, I might understand the dog-fighting circuit, but it isn't; there are no benefits other than "entertainment" and I could see an argument made that those who need to watch dog-fighting as a form of entertainment are sufficiently maladjusted that they shouldn't be catered to.

At the end of the day, I think that in order to enjoy peak human living, eating meat and therefore killing animals may be a necessary evil. Perhaps one day we will move to the point of tasty synthetic meats but we're not quite there yet.
    What the hell are you talking about? Vegan bodybuilding is very definitely a thing. Just do a google search.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Wait....what?

Meat eaters don't push their agenda? What fucking planet are you on cause it sure ain't this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Blah, blah, blah.

I'm not morally superior for not eating animals. I'm morally superior for living my life by doing the least amount of harm possible.
    You are morally superior to the turd my newest born calf just dropped. She's gonna make a tasty steak one day, and her milk...mmmmmm, love it on my frosted flakes. Want a chicken nugget?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-11 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    You are morally superior to the turd my newest born calf just dropped. She's gonna make a tasty steak one day, and her milk...mmmmmm, love it on my frosted flakes. Want a chicken nugget?
    trolls troll.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-11 at 08:40 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    A life without Bacon and Chicken is no life at all.

Deleted
    Why aren't you vegan yet?
    Planet's fucked already

I'm having a steak when it goes under.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why aren't you vegan yet?"

Because I like being alive. And I would die on a vegan died. LOL
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Because I love meat and what makes me love it even more is when someone gets mad at me for enjoying my food.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    If everyone stopped eating meat, what would be the next thing that would become the most harmful to animals and nature that you would crusade against?
    Nothing. 15 billion animals are killed for food a year and most are tortured before that. I'm not randomly upset about an isolated incident.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2016-07-10 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. 15 billion animals are killed for food a year and most are tortured before that. I'm not randomly upset about an isolated incident.
    So what about people who, for health reasons, can't become Vegan?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

There's 1000's of faux meat/dairy products
    You're kinda working against yourself when you say that you need artificially-made food to complement your diet.

You're horrible at math. I want the farm animals to die out, so 15 billion (and growing) a year don't die for forever.
    Hey, bright-bulb: this "fifteen billion a year" number is meaningless because livestock cannot survive in the wild. You're asking for the genocide of a species.

Of course you don't see, as we've already determined, you're ignorant on the subject but you won't stop being belligerent about it, which is Trumpian.
    Wow. Love it. An attempt to insult me by lumping me with an US politician. And despite your attempt at explanation, you still failed to explain how your mention of breeding methods have any bearing in this subject. Unless you're somehow implying that crops seed themselves on the ground without humans doing anything at all to 'help'?

If you didn't care you wouldn't be arguing.
    And I'm not. I'm not arguing morals.

15+ Year Old Account
    My ex was vegan and so we ate at vegan only restaurants, I always avoided fake meat because it is awful but some of the dishes were nice. But at the end of the day I'd be craving meat and would need to eat some meat to feel satisfied. Maybe over time I could get used to no meat but when I tried to cut down on it for my ex I felt I had less energy and motivation (due to the massive mental boost a satisfying meal provides).

The way some farms raise and treat animals is wrong, but that is not something I have any control over and I choose to remain ignorant because eating meat is a basic need for me. Some people don't like meat/eggs/milk (my ex) but rather than admit that they try and act all superior and say they don't eat meat out of principle and try to force that on everyone else. My choice is my choice, respect it.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Refute what I said instead of crying. It was paid for by the meat industry.
    Then, by the same token, basically any pro-veganism studies are 'shit', by your own metric, since they're paid by vegan industries to support their own products. What you said originally basically qualifies as a 'non-argument' because you assume its lack of authenticity simply because you don't like who did/supported said research.

There is no need to 'refute' your argument because your argument defeats itself on its own logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If we weren't meant to eat animals they wouldn't be made out of meat.
    Nor would they taste so good. I mean bacon for example, if that wasn't meant to be cooked and eaten....why does it taste so good?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    So what about people who, for health reasons, can't become Vegan?
    Like who and for what reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Like who and for what reason?
    People like me. My body will not process plant based iron. I become so iron-deficiency anemic that I have to have blood transfusions. I have to eat meat, and I have to take animal-based iron supplements. My doctor has told me I cannot survive on a vegan diet, period.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Blah, blah, blah.

I'm not morally superior for not eating animals. I'm morally superior for living my life by doing the least amount of harm possible.
    You're not doing the least amount of harm possible, that would be living in a cave in a forest handpicking your own berries and roots. You're just doing a tiny bit less harm to a very select few species of animals which don't even represent a small fraction of all of the animals alive currently; just bugs are around the 10^18 number, making 15 billions cows a really tiny speck.
    A better idea would be decreasing the consumption of cow/chicken/pig meat to an healthy amount so you can stop the mass slaughters (which I guess it's more of a thing in america than it is in Europe) and just get on with regular farms and starting to insert bugs in our diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Then, by the same token, basically any pro-veganism studies are 'shit', by your own metric, since they're paid by vegan industries to support their own products. What you said originally basically qualifies as a 'non-argument' because you assume its lack of authenticity simply because you don't like who did/supported said research.

There is no need to 'refute' your argument because your argument defeats itself on its own logic.
    Sigh... are you not aware of independent research? Where do you get his style of thinking from?

Also, the study was a cross sectional study. Those types of studies are terrible and are never accepted as anything serious. There were other errors where meat eaters were accidentally put into the Vegan groups. This study has been torn apart by scientists a few times with zero rebuttal.
    Last edited by Xirrohon; 2016-07-10 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Love your name.

I haven't changed over because of habit. I want to change over to vegetarian. My will is pretty weak when everyone arround me is eating the foods I'm trying to give up. We're a bunch of food addicts,my family. I get grumpy during the change over and eventually cave. Patience. Discipline.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    And there in lay the point of Veganism, to put your body through hell to be a self righteous cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.