Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Are you in a cult then? Is it some sort of religious rite?
    This is your problem, you don't know the first fucking thing about what you are arguing against yet it doesn't hinder or slow down your belligerence. There seems to be a trend growing as you're not alone in that.

There are people who eat a plant based diet for health reasons, real or imagined. They aren't really 'vegans" because they don't care about the animals.

Real vegans don't eat animal products for the ethics of it. They also use as little animal products as possible in everything else they can, not just food. A vegan tries to do the least amount of harm possible. People like you, don't give a shit, but get pissy and cry baby when its pointed out your morals are less.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Are you in a cult then? Is it some sort of religious rite?
    I'd not put it past him, what with his way of putting it forth. Either that or it's too darn complicated for us "meateaters" to grasp, since we are so busy "destroying the world with our selfish desire for taste".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    This is your problem, you don't know the first fucking thing about what you are arguing against yet it doesn't hinder or slow down your belligerence. There seems to be a trend growing as you're not alone in that.

There are people who eat a plant based diet for health reasons, real or imagined. They aren't really 'vegans" because they don't care about the animals.

Real vegans don't eat animal products for the ethics of it. They also use as little animal products as possible in everything else they can, not just food. A vegan tries to do the least amount of harm possible. People like you, don't give a shit, but get pissy and cry baby when its pointed out your morals are less.
    The person asked a plain question, and your response is full of trying to decipher "Who is a Real Vegan" and also contains accusations. I think you should reconsider what you are proposing.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

In not literature I've read on the subject has it ever been any more than a diet.

So your part of a religious movement or something? Good for you. But I am not interested in a new plant God. kay?

Eh, my morals are fine, thankfully morality is somewhat subjective and my Gods say to hunt and eat what you kill and consume meat and liquor till you drop. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    I'd not put it past him, what with his way of putting it forth. Either that or it's too darn complicated for us "meateaters" to grasp, since we are so busy "destroying the world with our selfish desire for taste".
    I mean It's cool he found salvation in some salads, good for him, it just seems a trifle odd to be such a prick about ones new found faith.

I believe all sorts of weird and strange things, you don't see me ranting about it all day long. Well spiritual or non-political things anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

- - - Updated - - -

The person asked a plain question, and your response is full of trying to decipher "Who is a Real Vegan" and also contains accusations. I think you should reconsider what you are proposing.
    You still haven't said anything.

Tell you what, you can start over. Please tell me how participating in factory farming is moral.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Ugh.
    All these grunt and groans, they are so hilariously childish.

Ok, you wanted proof it happens everywhere. You want one link that proves it happens everywhere. There's no one link that proves that.
    Game over, then. You have no proof, then don't make absolute statements.

Seriously? She was referring to a post that I did respond to. Grow the fuck up.
    You didn't respond to her directly.

Are you more morally superior than her because she needs meat in her diet to survive?

Y'know, this is all too hilarious. By arguing in the way that you've done, you've pretty much alienated most people who have bothered to read your posts. Well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    That principle doesn't work too well, if your surrounding isn't living the same idea, though - so that's a forced projection, if anything.

Being helpful is usually known as being selfless, not selfish. It's inheritly a contradiction
    Doesn't stop people from trying. And sometimes, it does work: after all, if you treat someone well, they tend to treat you well too.

You can be helpful while being selfish; profit charity organizations are a thing, for example. I would argue though that it is pretty hard to come up with a moral system that sees helping someone selfishly as an honorable thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

In not literature I've read on the subject has it ever been any more than a diet.

So your part of a religious movement or something? Good for you. But I am not interested in a new plant God. kay?

Eh, my morals are fine, thankfully morality is somewhat subjective and my Gods say to hunt and eat what you kill and consume meat and liquor till you drop. :3

- - - Updated - - -

I mean It's cool he found salvation in some salads, good for him, it just seems a trifle odd to be such a prick about ones new found faith.

I believe all sorts of weird and strange things, you don't see me ranting about it all day long. Well spiritual or non-political things anyway.
    Lol, the literature you read? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Ok.

Just type, "what is a vegan" into google. Tell me the definition that comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    paying for the whole order in a restaurant and expecting that it will make the other person treat them better.
    That DOESN'T work? Because it seems to works from what I've experienced. People like to think they're a lot more pragmatic and logic-driven than they actually are, but the subconscious influence of "this person put food in my belly" is something that alters attitude/behavior on some primal level.

Deleted

Yeah, we all have our own little world that we live in. The only thing that differentiates us, is how we express ourselves in relativity to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    All these grunt and groans, they are so hilariously childish.

Game over, then. You have no proof, then don't make absolute statements.

You didn't respond to her directly.

Are you more morally superior than her because she needs meat in her diet to survive?

Y'know, this is all too hilarious. By arguing in the way that you've done, you've pretty much alienated most people who have bothered to read your posts. Well done.
    Are you fucking serious?

Game over? Do you understand anything?

There's numerous links that prove it happens in various places but no one link that shows it happens everywhere.

Yes I did respond to her. You got real problems man. Maybe your grandfather ate too much store bought meat.

Deleted
    You still haven't said anything.

Tell you what, you can start over. Please tell me how participating in factory farming is moral.
    You are in insanely strong denial.

Moral is a collective idea agreed upon by a group of people, and is relative to the situation AND person. (Yes, different people think different ways of things).

Beyond this, i don't see a reason to waste more time with your insisting of being in such strong Denial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Because i like eating meat.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol, the literature you read? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Ok.

Just type, "what is a vegan" into google. Tell me the definition that comes back.
    Well, have managed to attain a MA in linguistics, working towards a BA in history, I spend so much time on college campus' I've encounted Vegans, Krishna's and other strange things before. Your not the first kook to rant about the fuzzy critters, tell me, do you have a man bun? Dreads? A picture on instagram with a flower crown?

How DEEP is your veganism?

Veganism "a person who does not eat or use animal products." Nothing in their about being a 'totes WoW Druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Doesn't stop people from trying. And sometimes, it does work: after all, if you treat someone well, they tend to treat you well too.

You can be helpful while being selfish; profit charity organizations are a thing, for example. I would argue though that it is pretty hard to come up with a moral system that sees helping someone selfishly as an honorable thing.
    Well, if the people are content with what they get - Then sure, it "Works".

But like you say, i have a hard time imagining someone running a plain selfish idea as an selfless idea and getting away with it.Takes some level of deception of trickery. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should I be a vegan when chicken breast is such a good source of lean protein???

Why is this thread still open. People are just trolling and flaming.

You are in insanely strong denial.

Moral is a collective idea agreed upon by a group of people, and is relative to the situation AND person. (Yes, different people think different ways of things).

Beyond this, i don't see a reason to waste more time with your insisting of being in such strong Denial.
    You've been asked a simple question and instead of answering you're trying obfuscate with pseudo philosophical bullshit.

Is it fair of me to say I'm morally superior to rapist if I'm not a rapist myself? Why or why not?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, have managed to attain a MA in linguistics, working towards a BA in history, I spend so much time on college campus' I've encounted Vegans, Krishna's and other strange things before. Your not the first kook to rant about the fuzzy critters, tell me, do you have a man bun? Dreads? A picture on instagram with a flower crown?

How DEEP is your veganism?

Veganism "a person who does not eat or use animal products." Nothing in their about being a 'totes WoW Druid.
    WTF are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    That DOESN'T work? Because it seems to works from what I've experienced. People like to think they're a lot more pragmatic and logic-driven than they actually are, but the subconscious influence of "this person put food in my belly" is something that alters attitude/behavior on some primal level.
    Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. But I wouldn't be convincing myself, let alone others, that I'm doing a noble thing by paying for the order hoping to get something in return.

Well, if the people are content with what they get - Then sure, it "Works".

But like you say, i have a hard time imagining someone running a plain selfish idea as an selfless idea and getting away with it.Takes some level of deception of trickery. :P
    Certainly. But we are all masters at deceiving ourselves, and others too.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

vegetarian for a week, i would'nt mind. But dont you dare take the cheese and milk away from me, unless you have adeath wish!
    Also, meat is good <3

You were the bitching about artificial.
    I simply pointed out that, for someone claiming to have a healthier diet, you have no issues swallowing chemically-altered food. Y'know, something vegans had fought against, like GMO and all that?

You were the one talking about stuff you know nothing about.
    You like to claim that, yet you refuse to back your argument. You just like to simply claim 'you know nothing' as if the statement alone means anything. By itself, It has no meaning, no probatory value.

You were the one that said I had to throw out results from studies I never used.
    I somehow doubt you reached the conclusion that 'vegan is better' all by yourself, without the influence of any external source.

But still on the subject, if you're dismissing all research that conclude that 'meat is necessary for a healthy, balanced diet' as garbage simply because they're sponsored by the 'meat industry', then, to remain intellectually honest, you must also dismiss research that conclude that 'vegan diet is healthier and more balanced' as garbage because they're sponsored by the 'vegan industry'. Y'know, same ruling for both cases. That leaves you with no evidence to support your opinion that 'being vegan is better', since all studies that support the vegan idea had to be thrown away. And my I remind you: by your own rules.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-07-11 at 02:35 AM.