Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    This, this shit right here is why I and probably a lot of other people aren't vegans. Fuck, the lack of self awareness.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Because I'm not enough of a judgemental dick which seems to be the minimum requirement to becoming one.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Not really.

Most cows are not fed just grass. Secondly, where the grass is grown and harvested other things can be grown there that people can eat.

- - - Updated - - -

You've been given reasons.

Its better for you, the environment, the workers and the animals.

You won't believe any of that no matter how much evidence is given i suspect.
    None of those are remotely true. But have fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Give me a good reason to be vegan other than "muh feewings" and I'd consider it. There are 0 health benefits, and frankly I'd rather eat a 20pc hot wing over 20pc baby carrots any day.
    There are numerous health benefits depending on the animal products you eat right now. A vegan diet has shown to extend human lifespan (as far as we can research that because fully vegan diets in western society are a fairly new thing) and in general vegan food is less processed and healthier than non-vegan food. The market for vegans is smaller so there's less shit to go around. It's not that hard. It's just expensive and it forces people to get out of their habit and things they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite
    And countless more will die even if I don't eat them. You do realize that there's hundreds of carnivorous species out there too right? What, you're gonna make them give up meat too?

This is the circle of life, the food chain, and we're at the top of it. We get to dictate the rules. Don't make me feel bad for enjoying meat, that's as stupid as making a lion feel bad for enjoying his sirloin meal.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants.
    Yes there are, and I greatly enjoy eating them. I have nothing against vegetables, in fact they're a staple of my diet. But enjoying one doesn't mean I must give up the other.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Some years ago the "vegan cheese" was called "cheese analogue" and was considered a cheap replacement for real cheese (many buisnesses used this to scam people by putting this fake cheese on the pizzas to increase profit) and now they sell that crap under the name "vegan cheese" for 5x the price of normal cheese <3.

But let the vegan industry milk your wallet for your "feelings" .

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    False equivalence. A single cow's meat feeds way more than just a single person. And as @Sevvy said above, livestock eats stuff we don't, like grass, so the 'food-for-livestork' to 'food-for-people' conversion would not be anywhere near 100% like you imply.
    False equivalence? lol, you don't understand what I was saying.

There's no equivalence. I'm showing that cows eat more 'produce" then people would if they were vegan.

You seem to want to argue based on efficiency. So fine. 1 cow produces under 500lbs of meat after eating 24lbs of food a day for about 2 years. Do the math.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    None of those are remotely true. But have fun.
    Its all 100% true actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    That's why I said "enough".

But you're plenty judgmental enough and you've literally proven it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    I bet the vegans will hate me today.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, spicy sausage, and tuna (not mixed together)
    Lunch: Fried chicken
    Dinner: Probably taco bell, I'll be feeling lazy after work

Its better for you, the environment, the workers and the animals.
    For me? Quite debatable, and nowhere near close to be proven as fact.

For the environment? How so? We would need to destroy more forests to supply humankind ever-growing demand, plus the chemicals used for plant growth and protection against pests would only increase, further polluting the environment. Now if you're talking about growing food the "organic" way (i.e. no chemicals or genetic-altered crops at all used) then we would have to destroy even more forests for cultivation since "organic" produce doesn't last, or fare, as well as the other kinds.

The workers? How so? They'd basically just be trading one thankless job for another.

The animals? How so? Where do you think all the current livestock will go? Magically disappear all of a sudden? Or released to the wild just to be slaughtered or die from starvation?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not, and we've had this discussion. The fact that you're unwilling to incorporate objective truths into your worldview is telling of your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I have no qualms about eating meat and where it comes from.

It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
    There are numerous health benefits depending on the animal products you eat right now. A vegan diet has shown to extend human lifespan (as far as we can research that because fully vegan diets in western society are a fairly new thing) and in general vegan food is less processed and healthier than non-vegan food. The market for vegans is smaller so there's less shit to go around. It's not that hard. It's just expensive and it forces people to get out of their habit and things they like.
    I eat a zero processed diet and I'm not vegan. All my foods are from whole sources. Whole cuts of meat, whole fruits and vegetables and the only thing I eat that could maybe be considered processed is organic cheese(nothing but dairy and enzymes). Ypu don't have to be vegan to eat a non-processed diet. Extended life span cannot be proven because true veganism is still new. There is no definitive proof that a vegan diet is healthier that a simple whole food/non-processed diet. Now if we were to discuss vegan vs Doritos, mtn dew and taco bell. Then yes of course the vegan diet is healthier.

I'd rather eat tasty meat and die at 80 than be vegan and live to 83.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I bet the vegans will hate me today.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, spicy sausage, and tuna (not mixed together)
    Lunch: Fried chicken
    Dinner: Probably taco bell, I'll be feeling lazy after work
    I'll be eating steak today, a good 2 lbs worth of it and I just returned from the store where I got a weeks worth of steak and chuck roasts. There's absolutely nothing in my freezer but meat. I hope they all burst into flames as the high fat, no/exceedingly low carb lifestyle grows in the US and beyond.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

im reading this thread while eating bacon and drinking milk.

bacon is good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Wait so it's poor animals... but not poor plants? Plant's can die! I will eat them up!!

Dude, there is no escaping the fact that you are a living animal. You are part of the food chain wether you like it or not. Theres no running away from it.
    Soylent green, not the one from the movie but the drink a chemist made it has everything the body needs, im not referencing matrix.

False equivalence? lol, you don't understand what I was saying.

There's no equivalence. I'm showing that cows eat more 'produce" then people would if they were vegan.
    Except a great portion of the "produce" that they eat is not edible for humans. And again, a cow's meat feeds more humans. Using your "metrics": "A cow eats 24 lbs of food a day. A human eats 6." So, a cow eats four times more than a human does. That's, of course, assuming 100% of produce they eat is also edible (and digestible) by humans. However, a single cow has enough meat to feed more than four people. So, using your faulty metrics, you're wrong.

Of course, when you consider that a big part of the produce livestock eat is not edible by humans, makes your statement doubly wrong.

You seem to want to argue based on efficiency. So fine. 1 cow produces under 500lbs of meat after eating 24lbs of food a day for about 2 years. Do the math.
    The amount of livestock we have today kinda makes the 'two-year wait' argument quite meaningless.

Then care to show how they're true, please?

I'm just eagerly awaiting the Sunday morning discussion of how Cow Farts negatively effect our climate

Deleted
    Why would I ever opt out of eating meat when meat is available?
    What it comes to "health benefits" from being a vegan, I literally do not care. We are all going to die at some point, so might as well go down eating something that I think is tasty.

Vegan is such a touchy word. Im not an activist but I eat a plant based diet because of the health benefits, so I dont call myself a Vegan, nor do I preach it or try and force it on anyone. I understand the impact that the Meat, Egg and Dairy industry has on our environment. I understand that the killing of animals for consumption is at a ridiculous pace right now. The diet of many people is way too heavily based on animal products and I believe it is contributing to the obesity epidemic. There are a lot of thing with the Vegan Movement that I agree with, however, I do not agree that I need to go around judging what others eat. As a matter of fact, most Vegans would probably not like me as I do eat animal products on special occasions, ie Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays. I do this because I dont want to be a pia to my friends/family when going to those types of events.

I watch a lot of Vegan YouTube channels and there are a few good ones:

Dr McDougall
    Nutrition Facts
    PlantBasedAthlete
    Plant Positive

but a lot are really bad and make Vegans look bat shit crazy. Unfortunately, a lot those extreme channels are also the most popular.

There are a lot of resources out there for people wanting to make the transition. IMO, Starch Solution is the best book for getting started. Ive been eating plant based for about a year now. I spend much less money on food, have lost weight, gained energy. Look and feel a lot better.

In the end, I think Plant Based diets will be the norm. Big industry will not be able to keep all of the bad things that come with animal products a secret for much longer.
    Last edited by Xirrohon; 2016-07-10 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    For me? Quite debatable, and nowhere near close to be proven as fact.

For the environment? How so? We would need to destroy more forests to supply humankind ever-growing demand, plus the chemicals used for plant growth and protection against pests would only increase, further polluting the environment. Now if you're talking about growing food the "organic" way (i.e. no chemicals or genetic-altered crops at all used) then we would have to destroy even more forests for cultivation since "organic" produce doesn't last, or fare, as well as the other kinds.

The workers? How so? They'd basically just be trading one thankless job for another.

The animals? How so? Where do you think all the current livestock will go? Magically disappear all of a sudden? Or released to the wild just to be slaughtered or die from starvation?
    You literally know nothing about this do you/

Its not debatable for you.

The environment? This is why I pointed out to you earlier, the amount of food one cow eats versus what the amount of food a person eats. All the land used to grow food for livestock is more than sufficient to provide all the food needed to feed all the people. Again, 24lbs of day for a cow vs 6 lbs of day for a person. A cow only produces less than 500lbs of food after 2 years. One cows requires 17,520 pounds of food to produce under 500lbs.

You have no idea what the plight of factory farm workers is. Its not that its thankless, its that's dangerous and is a major contributor to illegal immigration.

They will die out and reasonable numbers will be the norm. Again, you don't understand the vegan argument and want to be a douche about it, so I ask everyone else again, who exactly is trying to be superior and unreasonable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    No, it's not, and we've had this discussion. The fact that you're unwilling to incorporate objective truths into your worldview is telling of your character.
    Yes, we've had this discussion, and you failed at every turn to prove me wrong.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown