Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you are losing interest in all classes, maybe it is time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    What feels odd to me is that you're talking absolute rubbish. Affliction was apply the 3 dots and spam Shadow bolt. That was it. Destruction was apply Curse of Shadow, and literally spam Shadow bolt. If you think a Warlock was better to play in TBC, than now, then you obviously like playing totally brainless specs with no variation.

Siphon Life is a talent for optional complexity. You do not have to take it. Soul Shards are not awful. They add another dynamic to the class. Honestly, by the sound of what you say you actually would like to go back to TBC. Don't think your opinion should be taken seriously whilst discussing classes.
    PvE isn't the only aspect of WoW. If you didn't use your utility in PvP as a Warlock you were garbage. You seem to be the one that has no business talking about classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Players: stop homogenizing classes and make them unique

Blizzard: makes each spec unique

Players: this fucking sucks being back the old classes and specs
    I was just going to say almost the exact thing.

I've tried all of the DPS specs on the PTR, and found some talent combinations where I really enjoyed almost all of them.

-BM felt kind of flat for me, but I freaking love the new Survival

-When I heard that Demo was losing Meta I switched one of my locks to Affliction, but totally switching back. Eye Lazers! Floating Skull!

-Fire and Balance both just felt "fine" but they both look like their artifacts are rotational game-changers.

-I really like Unholy, Enhance, Windwalker, and Feral in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I disagree, it would focus on summoning minions, sort of like a demo lock in legion, except every spec would have this focus. One spec would focus on summoning healing minions, one would focus on summoning damage minions, and one could either be potentially a tanking one, or a secondary damage build. The rotation would focus on buffing and uptime on pets. There is plenty of room for a well designed unique necromancer class.

A monk is just a rogue with out stealth, after all.
    Unholy is actually extremely necromancer like while still being melee. Dot uptimes, pet summons, pet abilities and control, pet buffs, debuff uptimes, ranged rp dump, ranged scourge strike when talented, haste proc management, etc. And the artifact weapon ability Apocalypse just feels so good!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    It's almost like PvP isn't in WoW at all. You do realize PvE isn't the only aspect of WoW right?
    There's far better means of implementing effective / interesting pvp play that doesn't require giving shadow priests 4-5 additional heal buttons. Not only that, in doing so, rather than having these super-man swiss army knife specs that have all of the utility you don't have it now and actually need to play your strengths as a team.

If anything, WoW homogenization hasn't been so much about cloning abilities - it's been about cloning abilities in too many different ways to classes that shouldn't/ don't need them as part of their toolkit in the first place.

Seriously, take a load off. My healers now have to actually do their job, and I get to do mine - protecting them with limited cc that needs to be used effectively and providing offensive power.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2016-06-30 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe you have just grown tired of the Game? Happens to everyone - most stay because of friends, time/money invested, out of habit etc.

Would suggest that you take a break until the Expansion comes out, enjoy the Summer, and then enjoy WoW again with new vigor .

And I like the changes to Demon Warlock, one of the reasons she will be my new Main, besides my Feral Druid. That's just how it is, for every guy that dislikes the changes, there is probably one that welcomes them. Blizzard will never be able to make us all happy. (Or at least I hope so, it will be quite dreadful if they could do that - Matrix 2.0 ^^)
    Last edited by mmoc78e9842c0f; 2016-06-30 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Unholy is actually extremely necromancer like while still being melee. Dot uptimes, pet summons, pet abilities and control, pet buffs, debuff uptimes, ranged rp dump, ranged scourge strike when talented, haste proc management, etc. And the artifact weapon ability Apocalypse just feels so good!

- - - Updated - - -

There's far better means of implementing effective / interesting pvp play that doesn't require giving shadow priests 4-5 additional heal buttons. Not only that, in doing so, rather than having these super-man swiss army knife specs that have all of the utility you don't have it now and actually need to play your strengths as a team.

If anything, WoW homogenization hasn't been so much about cloning abilities - it's been about cloning abilities in too many different ways to classes that shouldn't/ don't need them as part of their toolkit in the first place.

Seriously, take a load off. My healers now have to actually do their job, and I get to do mine - protecting them with limited cc that needs to be used effectively and providing offensive power.
    Necromancers aren't melee characters.

Deleted
    Necromancers aren't melee characters.
    In Diablo 2: Lod (1.09) you could play a meele Necromancer quite successful (dagger build). Fun Times.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel exactly the same way.

Blizzard changed all the classes I play to a degree that basically ruined them.

Hunter is a dung pile of shit, and the same is almost the same for the other classes I play

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, so far PTR has actually turned me off more than anything. People keep saying Artifacts will make a difference which I actually have no clue about but to make 1-109 boring and uninteresting for the sake of max level sounds pretty stupid to me.
    Artifacts makes very little difference. Most perks are just the old talents (1%/2%/3%) in increases to spells (YAWN!), and the golden dragons are either lackluster or downright stupid.

I play Paladin, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock and Warrior, and the ONLY class I like more is Warrior. The others range from boring to downright abyssmal.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

This feels more like Cataclysm all over again the changes in all the classes are kinda big but if u think PTR will help u decide if this class is fun or not u think wrong if u cant play a dungeon or a raid with the class u cant tell if u like the kit it offers also its still not complete u need to hit legion to actually get the full kit with the artifact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    Artifacts makes very little difference. Most perks are just the old talents (1%/2%/3%) in increases to spells (YAWN!), and the golden dragons are either lackluster or downright stupid.
    Sorry but this is very narrow-minded misinformation.

It varies from spec to spec. The artifact ability is a minor extra cooldown for some specs... for other specs, it's a game-changer, and your whole rotation is going to end up structured around it. Most are somewhere in the middle.

Same goes for the actual weapon talents... some are small % increases, some are rotational modifiers, some really change things up. It depends on the spec and the talent. If there's specific things you don't like that's totally understandable but c'mon now lets not blow up with hyperbole making out that every spec is shit and useless and every artifact is insignificant and pointless. It's definitely not the case.

I think PTR shows us how important the artifact is going to be. Some classes feel like they have huge gaps in the rotation, but watching people play beta at 110 the rotations seem to content well, with extra utility in between.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

THen it just means its time to say goodbye to wow and move on. Its that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I attribute this more to player burnout than class design. But if that's the case, Legion sounds like your medicine.

Whatever people say, I find it hard to deny that Legion has brought a ton of class flavor back - not for every spec, but for a bunch of them. And that's a great start. Hop on the PTR and see for yourself.

Personally, I preferred TBC's layout of classes. I think they ruined the game by designing "bring the player, not the class." I thought it gave each class it's own identity. Now it just feels like each class essentially does the exact same thing, with different spell animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, it would focus on summoning minions, sort of like a demo lock in legion, except every spec would have this focus. One spec would focus on summoning healing minions, one would focus on summoning damage minions, and one could either be potentially a tanking one, or a secondary damage build. The rotation would focus on buffing and uptime on pets. There is plenty of room for a well designed unique necromancer class.

A monk is just a rogue with out stealth, after all.
    so it would be like demo, unholy, and BM all together... and no a monk is alot more mobile, and versatile,using martial arts, where rogues are using daggers and weapons to slaughter enemies, a necromancer uses shadow and curses aswell as undead... same thing as lock and DK
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I have only been able to play Rogue on PTR, and I have to say, this is the first time that each of the Rogue specs feel different from a gameplay standpoint. The class is still focused on damage/utility, but the rotations and type of utility feel unique. I have been having a hard time picking which spec I want to main, and max my artifact. I cannot speak to other classes, but I personally feel this has been the best class design in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck WoW, we be Overwatch now.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

As beta tester I can tell that Demon hunter is a lot of fun and other classes feel a bit dull after it.

I'm very familiar with the specs. What they did didn't make them feel better or unique. Ret still suffers from Holy power being part of their kit and makes it feel clunky. They did a good step in the right direction for holy and prot but honestly overall Ret doesn't feel any different.

Regardless Survival is a melee spec with a pet. To disregard the pet was extremely stupid.

Ret has been a god-awful mess since Wrath, IMHO. There were glimmers of hope for the class in MoP, but WoD just destroyed the class - I used to love my Ret, for WOD I just couldn't.

Deleted
    Demo lock offers a brand new playstyle/role (summoner), affliction lock is a DoT spec, so both are unique and has nothing to with mage specs. Yes destro is similar to mage (frost/fire). Arcane is unique again, no idea what is your problem, WoD specs/classes were more similar.