Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Well i just saw a group of skinny nerds with goatees and pale skin singing John Lennons Imagine on a street corner, with expressions of devastation and a lost global identity in their eyes. So i would struggle to say its a bad atmosphere where i live. More like the best most hilarious atmosphere ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Very progressive. Now go on and tell us how do you feel about elderly people voting?
    We all get to vote, I don't have to agree with their choices and if they make bad choices you can call them out on them just like anyone else. Nice use of "progressive" though, completely unrelated to the matter of hand, should of snuck "regressive leftie" in too makes you look like a supreme intellect .

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I'm at work and this computer lags every 3rd typed letter and its very frustrating. I merely said it was ridiculous to think people who haven't gone to college are mongrels who are automatically bigots and therefore should not have the right to vote. It is also very clear to see the rise of SJW movements in the last 5 years and especially on college campuses. So to me it looks like SJWs revoking the right to vote unless they go through the brainwashing obstacle course known as college.
    This literally has nothing to do with SJWs.

Not being willing to accept an environment where people do things like harassing an American college lecturer on the bus in the UK for being mixed race and throwing beer at him, not accepting an environment where kids in school chant -Go home, go home! to little kids of Eastern European descent is not a social justice thing.

It's a human decency thing. Something for which one shouldn't need a college degree for.

This is what Brexit is. This is what fuels it. Hate and or ignorance. Ignorance of people who fail to grasp the political, economic and social implications of their vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xfloydex View Post
    Well i just saw a group of skinny nerds with goatees and pale skin singing John Lennons Imagine on a street corner, with expressions of devastation and a lost global identity in their eyes. So i would struggle to say its a bad atmosphere where i live. More like the best most hilarious atmosphere ever.
    Just make sure you won't be butthurt with the yuppie crowd in 2 years time when you are queuing in the dole lines...or when you are still queuing in the dole lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm still not convinced that's a great argument for what has happened. To your "average" resident of the UK, they are going to have about as much control over their future now as they did just over a week ago, the suit making the rules is just in a different place. Maybe I'm doing the UK system a disservice (I'm not trying to claim it is better run elsewhere) it's just the idea that after this vote Joe Bloggs can 'take control of his country' is pretty risible, don't you agree?
    As far as I know Joe Bloggs was not advocating taking control of the UK directly, but wanting it put back entirely in the hands of Westminster. It is not incorrect to say that having a country solely in the hands of 650 MPs, is going to give an individual more influence on proceedings than it would if the country was run by more than just those 650 MPs.

As it stands the country is run by 650 MPs, plus however many MEPs there are and all the MPs within the EU member states, that is a marked difference in influence, or at least perceived influence, that a voter has.

It is a genuine concern that should not be dismissed out of hand, that concern is the basis of why we have a Scottish Parliament and a Welsh Assembly. It is in effect just a desire to devolve power away from a governmental body over which you feel your influence is non-existant, into one where you feel that your voice may be heard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    They are either morons, or xenophobes or racists or a combination thereof. And the elderly are morons, xenophobes and racists who are disconnected from reality.
    You obviously lack the maturity to engage in democracy

I hold British citizenship (second citizenship), but I don't live in the UK and I haven't voted because I haven't been registered for voting at any point, so I wasn't eligible.

After the vote I actively despise the UK as a political entity. I wish and strongly desire its utter and complete political and economic failure. This feeling is especially focused on Leave voters. If you are a Leave voter whatever your supposed reason was -I literally hate you, and have nothing but infinite ill will towards you.

I'm pro-Scottish and Irish independence (I never was in the past) I completely wrote off the UK as country.

Nigel Farage is the modern incarnation of a mid 1930's Adolf Hitler for me, and Boris Johnson makes me want to throw up whenever he crosses my mind.

I have zero tolerance left for xenophobia, nativism, stupidity and ignorance. If you voted Leave you squarely fall into one or all of those 4 categories. I refuse to let the world slip back into pre-1940's. Euroscepticism is that, a pre 1940's Europe.

I also used to be fairly passive about my contempt before, but now I am angry enough to argue face to face, to troll the forums as Leavers have for years, and even more now I actively try to avoid the purchase of anything that was made, produced in Britain or is an identifiable British brand. If you are a leave voter and I'm aware of it, I wouldn't even hire you even if you fully qualify for the job and I need you.

I don't think I have ever felt so much animosity in my life towards anything as I feel today towards Britain and ESPECIALLY Leave voters.
    You sound like an unintelligent leaver voter there buddy, clam down. People like you, usually are not as smart as they like to believe. Pretty typical.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-01 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You sound like an unintelligent leaver voter there buddy, clam down. People like you, usually are not as smart as they like to believe. Pretty typical.
    Two can play the raging game. I will keep raginģ, -Don't like it? Tune out. If not, suck it up.

Deleted
    Two can play the raging game. I will keep raginģ, -Don't like it? Tune out. If not, suck it up.
    Are you really over 18?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    As far as I know Joe Bloggs was not advocating taking control of the UK directly, but wanting it put back entirely in the hands of Westminster. It is not incorrect to say that having a country solely in the hands of 650 MPs, is going to give an individual more influence on proceedings than it would if the country was run by more than just those 650 MPs.
    To be fair there are a number of people (most of whom I suspect have questionable reasons for leaning towards UKIP) that I have heard voice the notion that we should now decide more stuff my referenda.

Next up:"Let's abolish yellow lines. What could be the problem?"

Oh you dont have to worry about me, i out grew caring about rage lol. Im also old enough to have the wisdom to know that UK will be fine and europe will be fine. My country's money was worth 60% of the US during my life time, we survived. Hell according to tennisace, i live in the best country in the world right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    To be fair there are a number of people (most of whom I suspect have questionable reasons for leaning towards UKIP) that I have heard voice the notion that we should now decide more stuff my referenda.

Referendum are by popular demands in British law. Unless you can have a significant amount of the population advocating the abolishement of yellow lines, unlikely. Sometimes there are short cuts to referendum anyway, many countries with british law start elections early and the party line advocate for his idea and force an election, if he lose, well the idea is lost with them as they lose power.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-01 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post

We should take the Cypriot approach to yellow lines - if you switch on your hazard warning lights, then parking restrictions no longer apply to you for reasons unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    If not being in the EU is like being unemployed I find it highly suspicious that there's all these non-EU countries in the world that are doing just fine, including some in Europe that depends on the rest of Europe for trade.

There's nothing inherently problematic about having trade deals, defensive deals and a whole lot more with the rest of Europe without giving up the kind of power that the EU demands. The only thing in the way of that currently is the EU refusing because they're afraid of losing power.

And if the EU is the body causing the problem, that's a very shitty argument to remain in the EU.
    I like how you Norwegians gloat over the fact that you're not in the EU like you're some special snowflake. The only reason Norway is doing fine is because you got oil money. You still pay the EU the same amount of money everyone else is doing but without having any influence. That other Norwegian talking about "sitting on a high horse", you guys are among the worst in this world when it comes to being on a high horse. It's actually ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I like how you Norwegians gloat over the fact that you're not in the EU like you're some special snowflake. The only reason Norway is doing fine is because you got oil money. You still pay the EU the same amount of money everyone else is doing but without having any influence. That other Norwegian talking about "sitting on a high horse", you guys are among the worst in this world when it comes to being on a high horse. It's actually ridiculous.
    The influence they lost from not being in the european union, is the same influence they have on their own. Trade agreement they made does not remove any of their relative influence, its a sum zero situation. Sounds more like some people dont understand that the world still work without complete federal/confederation union. There are many countries from a huge list to pick from, even without counting Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The influence they lost from not being in the european union, is the same influence they have on their own. Trade agreement they made does not remove any of their relative influence, its a sum zero situation. Sounds more like some people dont understand that the world still work without complete federal/confederation union. There are many countries from a huge list to pick from, even without counting Norway.
    They still pay for it. Their own PM said Britain shouldn't look at Norway for examples since Norway has no influence in making major decisions. They have no voice in the EU. They pay for whatever they get. And if you've ever met a Norwegian in real life you'd know they're extremely smug when it comes to money and how rich they're. That's the ironic part about "being on a high horse".

15+ Year Old Account
    There's not a single mention of Norway in that post you quoted. Norway is included in a larger group of countries I was referring to, but that doesn't warrant this kind of response.

- - - Updated - - -

They still pay for it. Their own PM said Britain shouldn't look at Norway for examples since Norway has no influence in making major decisions. They have no voice in the EU. They pay for whatever they get. And if you've ever met a Norwegian in real life you'd know they're extremely smug when it comes to money and how rich they're. That's the ironic part about "being on a high horse".
    I have no issue with paying, we're making a lot of money of the trade union we're in, it's a win-win situation. We lose influence in the EU, but on the other hand we're also not subject to most of the decision they make, so we retain complete influence on many things that we would otherwise only have a tiny minority say in if we were in the EU. The "no influence, still have to follow the rules" argument is way too simplistic and just doesn't reflect reality. We'd trade complete sovereignty in many areas for a small say in others, it's not a black and white gain of influence. For the most part, it's a loss of influence.

You're weirdly hostile about Norway. Your personal interaction with a few Norwegians shouldn't dictate your view on the EU.