View Poll Results: Would you help a friend fight off a grizzly or would you run off to get help?

Voters
89. This poll is closed
  • Need more info

22 24.72%
  • Maybe

15 16.85%
  • No

19 21.35%
  • Yes

33 37.08%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    lol the pull os so stupid its makkes me laugh,

I'd help the bear kill the dumbass friend.

I hate these questions, because they assume I've been stupid enough to find myself under attack from a grizzly bear.

The correct answer isn't yes or no, the correct answer is "I wouldn't go camping when I know grizzlys roam the area without firearms"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So you're implying another person just doubles your chance of surviving? I don't think that's how the math works. By that logic, a bear wins against 100 people.
    No, i'm implying that zero = death.

If two people fighting a bear results in their death.
    One person fighting a bear stand no less chance because they're still going to die, it'll just be one less victim.
    Last edited by mmoc6bd9909497; 2016-07-01 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for yes. Just yes to everything.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I'd die, but yes, I'd try to help.

But I'd take a second to call for help and leave my cell open before whatever it is I decided to do.

I voted yes because I bring a 12 gauge shotgun with me when I go into bear country. If you think two people banging pots together and making noise is going to scare off an angry grizzly you're insane. That bear would just be wondering to itself why those little humans were making so much noise before he killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I voted yes because I bring a 12 gauge shotgun with me when I go into bear country. If you think two people banging pots together and making noise is going to scare off an angry grizzly you're insane. That bear would just be wondering to itself why those little humans were making so much noise before he killed them.
    Pretty much this. I've never actually found myself in that situation, but I like to think I'd be carrying a shotgun or something if I planned on hiking through some area where getting attacked by bears/other wild animals is a possibility (in which case I would definitely stay to help my friend).

So your Unarmed and a grizzly is mauling another Unarmed person?
    A grizzly could easily kill two unarmed humans.
    I would run for help and also look for a weapon in the process.
    I think i could kill a grizzly with a shovel if i got behind it when it was mauling the other person.

All the cowards will say "get help".

What help are you hoping to be able to get? Are you gonna run down the hill to the next town? Ask the bear to kindly wait?

The option you're really looking for is "run away and save your own ass".

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If that bear feels threatened, attacking it is going to cause it to murder your fucking face in.
    If that bear is hungry, attacking it is going to cause it to murder your fucking face in.

What exactly are you planning to accomplish by staying? Fisting it in the ass while it's distracted?
    Pointless counter question. The "getting help" thing is bullshit, that's what I pointed out, you know just as I that I'm right and why not admit it.

What's bullshit is your proclamation.
    Bohoo, all angry and crying because a guy on the internet knows you're a coward. I don't give a shit, I wouldn't wrestle a bear either, but you're just pissy because I said what everyone knows anyway: that "getting help" in reality means "getting your ass out of there".

But yeah, bohooo!

Deleted
    I don't really know anything about bears, so I wouldn't even be there.

Being in Bear country I would like to say:

A: Running away is a bad choice. (Climbing a Tree is a WORSE choice.)
    B: The more people you are with, the better.
    C: The more noise you make, the better.
    D: Under any and all circumstances, NEVER get near the cubs.
    E: If you have it, use pepper spray.
    F: If your friend does get attacked by a bear, make lots of noise directed to the bear. (Don't strike it. Scare it.)
    G: Last resort option is try attack the Bear; Aiming for the Eyes, and the Nose.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the situation m80. In my experience of my younger days in my 18 - 20's, I was more of the fight in 'fight or flight' situations. If I had a weapon or even a rock to distract a bear I would probably stand and fight to help my mate, but if it was helpless and a realistic risk of both of us going down I would probably run like a bitch.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

You should work at a movie theater. You could be their projector.
    I think the word you're looking for is: "bohooo!"