7+ Year Old Account

What is the strongest thing that Illidan has endured?

the title says it all.

When i mean "endured" i mean physically. You know, hits. Apart from Frostmourne.

Deleted
    His eyesight was burned by sargeras

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
    Yeah. But i don't think it was actually ment to kill him.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    He has suffered the pain of over a million "You are not prepared" memes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveh View Post
    Im going to go with this too that did not look fun when I saw the flashback doing the quests on beta.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

I don't think he has ever endured anything near what Frostmourne did to him, other than being raided by Azeroth's heroes, but they eventually killed him. He came face to face with Kil'jaeden a few times, but they never physically fought. The only other thing I can think of noting is that he defeated Tichondrius in single combat, who was considered the most powerful of the Nathrezim at the time, though he was empowered by the skull of Gul'dan at that point.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

He was isolated in empty cell for 10000 years... I doubt anything can beat that. He also had to stay there knowing even death isn't possible for him, and nobody will probably ever come to free him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

His suicide attempts during his imprisonment.. I mean trying off yourself for your wounds to just heal gotta be harsh.

7+ Year Old Account
    While i understeand the point of both. The post refers to things physically, not mentally. While it is true that Illidan survived some crazy shit that would most certanly drive people mad. The question is more oriented towards what physically hurted him more.

Basically what i'm asking is "What is the strongest thing that hit Illidan" or his physical endurance. If you prefer. How much physical damage can he endure before dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I don't think he has ever endured anything near what Frostmourne did to him
    The whole eyes burning out thing sounds a lot worse than frostmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

His durability is likely at the building level at best - likely lower. WoW characters' bodies just don't get much more durable the stronger they become, Illidan isn't going to shrug off a blade from random adventure slicing at his head, for sure. Anyway, the strongest thing physically hit Illidan was Frostmourne, he just didn't tank hit that much in his battles (not like there were many of those described in game / books anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    The whole eyes burning out thing sounds a lot worse than frostmourne.
    That's a magical ability, though. OP was asking about physical attack. Pretty much in the line of - how strong physically an attack can Illidan tank without getting killed? Can he tank an attack that can kill a man? destroy a building? City? Mountain? Continent? etc. That kind of question.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-07-03 at 09:25 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

How cringeworthy his story in Legion is will be the hardest thing he will have to endure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    That's a magical ability, though. OP was asking about physical attack. Pretty much in the line of - how strong physically an attack can Illidan tank without getting killed? Can he tank an attack that can kill a man? destroy a building? City? Mountain? Continent? etc. That kind of question.
    If we're talking about how much he can tank, then he "tanked" and DPSed the assault on Black Temple when Magtheridon was still in charge of it, and when his, Kael's and Vashj's forces were vastly outnumbered by the Legion forces in and around. They still took the placed handily and managed to capture Mag alive.

The eyes thing was a sustained physical as well as a magical attack as well though; it burned his real eyes completely out so that even the skin around the sockets was gone, and he put himself into a days-long coma to try to recover from the pain.

The Frostmourne attack also has to be considered. He might be the only person who actually survived being wounded by that sword.

Oh -- and the Illidan book describes a sunny little jaunt to the vaults in Auchindoun and a run-in with a bunch of necromancers that were draining the life out of him while he was filling up a device to help him with his portal magic. He was acting as a pure tank then and while he survived, it very nearly killed him and it took him weeks to recover. In fact, when we fought him at Black Temple, he was still only at about half power from that experience.
    Last edited by Enthralled; 2016-07-03 at 10:48 AM.

The screaming of fan boiz!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    How cringeworthy his story in Legion is will be the hardest thing he will have to endure.
    Likely this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Likely this.
    For once it was Illidan that was not prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Lol wow. +2 points for you
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    he got friend-zoned for 10000 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.