Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    You just think people are wrong because they don't act like you want them to
    I think people are oppressive when they are trying to oppress others.

I think people are authoritarians when they act like authoritarians.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The difference is that they didn't come after him because of something that happened outside of his control. He knew the seeds drifted. He knew what seeds drifted. He confirmed that the crops that were growing were from those seeds that drifted, and then intentionally replanted them explicitly because they were the seeds that drifted. You're acting like big, bad Monsanto is overreaching and suing people just because they accidentally wind up with GMO seeds on their property, yet the example you use is about them seeking legitimate redress against a farmer trying to game the system.
    My stance is that once the seed went onto his property without consent, they should lose all claim over it, period. Whatever seeds were recovered should be nothing to do with them, and the fact that they can enforce perceived rights is, for me, enough reason to be very concerned about where things would go in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Except that none of this is a problem with GMOs themselves, but with some of the systems surrounding some of them. You can absolutely be in favor of GMOs and opposed to the ways business is conducted. In fact, separating the two would probably serve to strengthen the argument by focusing on the real problems rather than lumping it all together as "GMOs are bad."
    Which is what I am. I'm saying the system is bad and that GMOs also open a door to more of that getting worse. GMOs I don't see a terrible problem with, and I actually see this as a lesser issue, but it is an issue. To just outright deny that it is, is wrong. To claim it doesn't work that way is wrong. It is a problem with seed patenting, and corporate subsidized farming as I mentioned multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's what countries are... spoiled brats. Europeans want to ban GMO foods, and that makes them spoiled brats. I have no desire to take away anyone's freedoms, that's your job.
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever read online, and I've been online since 1995. Congratulations on that, and in stating such show you don't actually support freedom, just the coercive nature of spam asking the same question over and over until you get the answer you want, regardless of what it is.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I think people are oppressive when they are trying to oppress others.

I think people are authoritarians when they act like authoritarians.
    As you have shown you don't know what oppression or authoritarian means, it doesn't mean "Doesn't think like me"

Telling me to look at the carribbean is not you showing me anything, link it or don't talk about it, I am going to assume you made it up at this point because you are not linking any cases where people get it solely because they can't marry
    I didn't make it up. Individual cases are private. That's why I said to look at the specific countries and their laws. That's why you should focus on the Caribbean, where they ban gay marriage, but not other, more oppressive laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    This elaborates more on it. His case is the most widely used, but anything beyond trace amounts is fair game and anyone who makes the mistakes this man had is in grounds for patent suit. My defense was more that it does and can happen, instead of "No they don't" like some people are willing to claim. They will and have gone after people if you go beyond the definition of trace amount.
    He overtly isolated and identified the GMO seeds to use later which expressly was against the law. This was not accidental.

Our obesity problems have nothing to do with GMOs. I listed why obesity is rampant in the US.
    I know that. I never said that. But GMO crops are part of your food. Either through direct digestation or through your animals eating the shit. You've got enough issues in your own country, surely you must realize that this "PUSH" of GMO-crops ONLY exist because American corporations want to have a bigger market? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    My stance is that once the seed went onto his property without consent, they should lose all claim over it, period. Whatever seeds were recovered should be nothing to do with them, and the fact that they can enforce perceived rights is, for me, enough reason to be very concerned about where things would go in the future.
    Has to be a certain amount, hence the trace ruling and it all goes back to air nuisance and other such lawsuits is where this all began. Has to create a certain level or amount to be considered a problem. Can't control the wind etc, no way to stop the pollen from moving. It is really an interesting field. The major agg corps don't want it changed because it favors them right now and they can afford to fight any lawsuit, the precedent is set in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever read online, and I've been online since 1995. Congratulations on that, and in stating such show you don't actually support freedom, just the coercive nature of spam asking the same question over and over until you get the answer you want, regardless of what it is.
    I didn't even ask a question, so your comment makes no sense. If you want to claim that a government is acting like a spoiled child for raising tariffs, then a country is also acting like a spoiled child for banning a product entirely.

I didn't make it up. Individual cases are private. That's why I said to look at the specific countries and their laws. That's why you should focus on the Caribbean, where they ban gay marriage, but not other, more oppressive laws.
    What I am finding now when I look it up is that they make same sex activity criminal, not only not recognizing same sex marriage

Which is what I am. I'm saying the system is bad and that GMOs also open a door to more of that getting worse. GMOs I don't see a terrible problem with, and I actually see this as a lesser issue, but it is an issue. To just outright deny that it is, is wrong. To claim it doesn't work that way is wrong. It is a problem with seed patenting, and corporate subsidized farming as I mentioned multiple times.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The food itself isn't the issue. It is companies like Monsanto that stomp all over smaller farmers that people have an issue with.

the food is surely part of the issue^^ I don`t want fake food.. shit that are roided, fertilized and/or gene modified to be 3-5 times the size is should be to earn more money. I..as a consumer want nutritious, healthy and tasty food. American food in general doesn`t deliver on ANY of it
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-07-01 at 09:59 PM.

Yeah, yeah. Stupid, ignorant europeans, not understanding shit. People care too much what we're... They're for or against. Keep your shit to yourself and stop pushing it to those who don't want it?

What I am finding now when I look it up is that they make same sex activity criminal, not only not recognizing same sex marriage
    Women from Jamaica have sought, and gained asylum. Gay relations between women are not illegal there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_r...n_the_Americas

People have sought and been granted asylum from many of those countries. Some of them only restrict gay marriage, as well as adoption.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2016-07-01 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I know that. I never said that. But GMO crops are part of your food. Either through direct digestation or through your animals eating the shit. You've got enough issues in your own country, surely you must realize that this "PUSH" of GMO-crops ONLY exist because American corporations want to have a bigger market? Right?
    And it exists because their is a demand for that market. These companies don't have to generate this demand. For EU, do what you want, but the rest of the world might need things like this. But again obesity isn't caused by any GMO related things. It is caused by poor diet choice, the ease of access to high sugar high fat ready to go food products at a reduced rate, poor food education, and bad portion control. Most obesity has to do with Junk Food markets and Fast food and low income individuals or those with bad self control. It isn't because a cow ate GMO corn that a hamburger 5 times a week is bad for you or why someone is eating a hamburger 5 times a week.

Has to be a certain amount, hence the trace ruling and it all goes back to air nuisance and other such lawsuits is where this all began. Has to create a certain level or amount to be considered a problem. Can't control the wind etc, no way to stop the pollen from moving. It is really an interesting field. The major agg corps don't want it changed because it favors them right now and they can afford to fight any lawsuit, the precedent is set in their favor.
    You simply can't win as a farmer. Monsanto can litigate you until you run out of money, something that multiple farmers have stated on multiple documentaries.

Women from Jamaica have sought, and gained asylum. Gay relations between women are not illegal there.
    Jamaica has been described by some human rights groups as the most homophobic country in the world because of the high level of violent crime directed at LGBT people.[1] The United States Department of State said that in 2012, "homophobia was widespread in the country".[2]

High level of violent crime directed at them doesn't seem like they get it just for not recognizing same sex marriage

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    That's what countries are... spoiled brats. Europeans want to ban GMO foods, and that makes them spoiled brats. I have no desire to take away anyone's freedoms, that's your job.
    I'm Sorry that us spoiled yuropers are too left-wing for you and that some of us are not exactly fans of big corps putting patents on crops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I'm Sorry that us spoiled yuropers are too left-wing for you and that some of us are not exactly fans of big corps putting patents on crops.
    I am right-wing and think patents on crops are stupid