Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Thumbs down Players with PVP honor talents are smashing players without PVP honor talents

On the PTR. This is the future of WoW PVP?!

Good job Holinka.

Seriously...why introduce such disparity for players to overcome if the goal is to increase PVP participation? Yes, he said that players will start in a separate bracket that have no honor talents, but what is the cutoff point?

And why would a PVE player want to do PVP if they have to grind out honor talents?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh geez I can't just queue up and be on the same level as the player that has put 100x more time into PvPing than I have? HOW HORRIFYING

Could you imagine if someone said this, but for PvE instead? "Why can't I mythic raid with dungeon blues? Is this the future of WoW PvE!?! Why have such a disparity for players to overcome if the goal is to have more players experience more content?"

Honor talents don't even take long to get anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Oh geez I can't just queue up and be on the same level as the player that has put 100x more time into PvPing than I have? HOW HORRIFYING

Could you imagine if someone said this, but for PvE instead? "Why can't I mythic raid with dungeon blues? Is this the future of WoW PvE!?! Why have such a disparity for players to overcome if the goal is to have more players experience more content?"

Honor talents don't even take long to get anyways.
    The first few then it slows down.

A more accurate example would be:

"Oh geez, I just reset all my PvP talents, time to que up and get destroyed by people who still have theirs for the next couple dozen hours!"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I'm willing to bet that what they (Acti-Blizz) say publicly and actually want to achieve are very different things .. Remember that they decided that 3v3 is the platform to balance on and what % of the player base are active in 3v3?

If they really wanted to give customers what they want 3v3 would be isolated from the game and given its own set of rules .. But they will not do that because not enough would play ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

"Oh geez, I just reset all my PvP talents, time to que up and get destroyed by people who still have theirs for the next couple dozen hours!"
    And my answer to that would be no one is forcing you to reset your talents.

Early on blizz addressed that they liked a gap being there .. So they replaced the 'gear gap' with the 'talent gap' .. its a sub game .. they want you to burn your life away ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

What you reset your PVP talents, because you aren't happy with any of the choices you made, or wanna try something different, you have to re-earn them?!
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    What you reset your PVP talents, because you aren't happy with any of the choices you made, or wanna try something different, you have to re-earn them?!
    No. You only "reset" and lose them if you activate the prestige level, which is completely optional and only provides cosmetic vanity rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

Good job Holinka.

Seriously...why introduce such disparity for players to overcome if the goal is to increase PVP participation? Yes, he said that players will start in a separate bracket that have no honor talents, but what is the cutoff point?

And why would a PVE player want to do PVP if they have to grind out honor talents?
    PvP talents aren't balanced for lvl 100, they are balanced for lvl 110, as shown by the Balance druid talent "Prickling thorns" being able to 2 shot people on PTR, but doing rather marginal damage at lvl 110.

/thread.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-07-02 at 04:21 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apraxic View Post
    No. You only "reset" and lose them if you activate the prestige level, which is completely optional and only provides cosmetic vanity rewards.
    Ugh, I'm so confused on the whole thing. I'm just gonna let it hit me when I get there I guess.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Just like noone is forcing anyone to play the game. I'm sure that's gonna help the game.

I've yet to get an answer to the following question:

Why are PvPers the only ones who have to have a notable detriment to gain rewards?

The game is designed to incentivise resetting talents and the talents are designed to make you absolutely crush anyone who doesn't have them into the ground. So PVP changes nothing in Legion, it's still Player A having a massive power advantage teabagging player B who simply has to bend over and take it in the ass.. Repeating over and over.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

pvp players smahs those who arent prepared for pvp yet

more news at 10

Player A steps into a battleground and promptly gets his ass kicked by Player B who has full honor talents.

Player A: "Grrrr! Not fair! One day I will be just as strong! Must keep grinding that honor!"
    Player B: "Hahaha, I own noobs. This game is very fun. I will keep playing."

Working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

Good job Holinka.

Proof that people will whine about *anything* they can think of. ^
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    This thread is pathetic

Luckily the people who arent good enough and wont level quick enough will get into their own casual bracket up to level 10 honor level LUL

Deleted
    What is this? Why would you even get mad at this? It's a huge improvement to how pvp have worked in the past and WOD. The Power difference between a person joining pvp that just have dinged 100 isn't going to stand a chance against those with good gear. Now people have a fighting chance and won't get discouraged when doing pvp as a freshly dinged player.

Quote Originally Posted by ohjolly View Post
    What is this? Why would you even get mad at this? It's a huge improvement to how pvp have worked in the past and WOD. The Power difference between a person joining pvp that just have dinged 100 isn't going to stand a chance against those with good gear. Now people have a fighting chance and won't get discouraged when doing pvp as a freshly dinged player.
    I feel like this sorta thing is said by people who havent PvPed in many years. Or got their ass kicked and blamed it all on gear.