Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    People aren't joining ISIS because we are torturing people. No one said Oh shit the US waterboards people, guess I'm gonna go join ISIS. Stupidest fucking statement I've heard all day
    That's not at all what I said, dipshit.

It'll validate their beliefs that the US is evil. It will not stop ISIS, it'll just further encourage them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    such a lie its scary people actually believe it

simple question, if you had something to hide and i was cutting your balls off one by one and your dick was next you wouldn't tell? give the wrong information we find out, bam dick gone. and even if so that one person can withstand torture, you think everybody can? nothing wasted but a little time and effort.

only an idiot would think its not effective.
    Well that's a well thought out argument. /s

Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    I think torture of the physical sort should be left in the past. People can be trained to endure an insane amount of pain. And to a people that believe what they are doing is for the greater good or for a righteous cause, no amount of physical pain will make them bend. Or at least, they will tell you false information for a break.

Now, torture of the mental sort is another story. To break your mind, that's something we should invest more time in. I think it would be a much more efficient way of extracting information from our enemies.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you seem to be lost. this isn't an abortion thread.
    It's related though, considering Trump's abortion of a campaign. HEYOOOOOOOOOOOO

In all seriousness though, it's funny that someone saltily posts about Hillary's stance on abortion, given that Trump has been very very pro-abortion up until he became the GOP front runner.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    But you make decisions affecting life of innocent people, based on the information you are getting. And if you've got the wrong information and decided to act on it, you can actually increase the number of casualties, compared on the case when, instead of torturing, you decide to search for information by more reliable means.
    and if frogs had wings they would not hit their asses on the ground when they hop.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    That's not at all what I said, dipshit.

It'll validate their beliefs that the US is evil. It will not stop ISIS, it'll just further encourage them.
    ROFL, are you being serious or are you trolling now?

You don't think torturing someone's brother/son/father is going to encourage people to fight when they might not have otherwise? You're quite delusional aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It isn't ludicrous, if the US MUST abide by the rules of warfare when the enemy doesn't, we are gonna have a bad time.
    That's the price you pay for being a member of a functioning society and living to a higher standard than terrorists. You don't stoop to their level. That makes you equal to them. What you are suggesting would be war crimes and would place the US as an exile to all current allies. We agreed to fight clean, so we have to fight clean. The Geneva Convention is better for everyone on the entire planet. It prevents a lot of really terrible things. But let's just say fuck it, cus we're the big army. We don't have to listen to them, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't think torturing someone's brother/son/father is going to encourage people to fight when they might not have otherwise? You're quite delusional aren't you?
    People don't tend to ask themselves "How would I feel and what would I do if ISIS was doing this to my relatives" when they suggest war crimes be done against them.

"If ISIS was torturing my family I'd just wanna nuke the entire part of the world they're in! But if we torture them that'll TOTALLY make them stop wanting to attack us, I mean it makes sense after all! I'm the only person in the world who would seek retribution via violence if war crimes were done to my loved ones, everyone else would probably just back down."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    such a lie its scary people actually believe it

simple question, if you had something to hide and i was cutting your balls off one by one and your dick was next you wouldn't tell? give the wrong information we find out, bam dick gone. and even if so that one person can withstand torture, you think everybody can? nothing wasted but a little time and effort.

only an idiot would think its not effective.
    You can make hyperbolic arguments all you want, the facts disagree with you. According to you then the CIA who are well versed in torture methods or what they call "advanced interrogation methods" are all idiots since they also think it's ineffective.

https://www.amnestyusa.org/pdfs/sscistudy1.pdf

There are tons of studies about torture in relation to the state of mind that show it's just not effective for the purpose of getting information out of someone. Making outlandish scenarios like yours to convince yourself that it's plausible doesn't make it so.

- - - Updated - - -

Ironic coming from you.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    If they are not gonna cooperate, why not, fuck em. If they don't cooperate at first, they sure as hell will after. They wanna protect terrorist filth so be it. If it's that's the deciding factor for them to pick up arms and join ISIS, fuck em even more.

You don't seem to understand the fact that the US isn't going to one day say oh well, we couldn't beat them, we are throwing in the towel on this fight. We are going to be over there until they are dead. The more protracted this becomes, the more innocent people will be seriously maimed or die.

The only difference from our current role to a more engaging one is the length of time it takes to accomplish our goals, the amount of human suffering, the death toll, and how much money we spend.

Regardless if we waterboard or not, they have hundreds if not thousands of reasons to think we are evil. We are evil because we don't force women to cover themselves. What lunacy are you about sir.

And what if he just didn't know the information you want? You just chopped of his balls for nothing. You think a fragmented group like ISIS that has lots of independent cells doing their own thing is going to have people you can drill for information?

Genocide would piss off most of the world.
    newsflash we are killing them... also u dont go to every random guy and expect them to know everything about isis. use some brains about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking to a kurdish fighter in the end of may on another forum. He said their people just liberated a yazidi town from ISIS. However there were no civillians, instead there was ~2000 corpses in mass graves of women and children. Apparently they were sex slaves who were used, abused and then were killed when they were broken from being raped so much by ISIS soldiers. That is what you are comparing Trump to. OP you are a deadset scumbag, no questions about it.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

this is exactly what we want... get all the terrorists in the open.

normal people dont go to war over their fathers/uncles/cousins death while being a terrorist... only terrorists do that.

think about it, your father is a criminal and the police kill him, are you going to war with the police? only if you're IQ is under 85 I guess...

newsflash we are killing them... also u dont go to every random guy and expect them to know everything about isis. use some brains about it.
    Who are we going to torture exactly? Even if we get a leader they won't know much and that's assuming what little he does know doesn't change in the time it takes to get the information out of him. ISIS isn't a country where you can get all the states secrets. It's a fragmented group of semi-independent cells that are performing their own actions without communicating back to they overall ISIS leaders.

If they are not gonna cooperate, why not, fuck em. If they don't cooperate at first, they sure as hell will after. They wanna protect terrorist filth so be it. If it's that's the deciding factor for them to pick up arms and join ISIS, fuck em even more.

You don't seem to understand the fact that the US isn't going to one day say oh well, we couldn't beat them, we are throwing in the towel on this fight. We are going to be over there until they are dead. The more protracted this becomes, the more innocent people will be seriously maimed or die.

The only difference from our current role to a more engaging one is the length of time it takes to accomplish our goals, the amount of human suffering, the death toll, and how much money we spend.

Regardless if we waterboard or not, they have hundreds if not thousands of reasons to think we are evil. We are evil because we don't force women to cover themselves. What lunacy are you about sir.
    Um, yes, someone having their family member tortured could very well be the tipping point of them joining ISIS. I'm not sure why I have to explain this.

this is exactly what we want... get all the terrorists in the open.

normal people dont go to war over their fathers/uncles/cousins death while being a terrorist... only terrorists do that.

think about it, your father is a criminal and the police kill him, are you going to war with the police? only if you're IQ is under 85 I guess...
    If the police tortured him you can be damn sure I'd be making use of the legal system to bring them to justice.

The people in the middle east can't use our justice system, their only option is violence.
    Last edited by nonameelf; 2016-07-02 at 05:12 AM.

Who are we going to torture exactly? Even if we get a leader they won't know much and that's assuming what little he does know doesn't change in the time it takes to get the information out of him. ISIS isn't a country where you can get all the states secrets. It's a fragmented group of semi-independent cells that are performing their own actions without communicating back to they overall ISIS leaders.

Um, yes, someone having their family member tortured could very well be the tipping point of them joining ISIS. I'm not sure why I have to explain this.

If the police tortured him you can be damn sure I'd be making use of the legal system to bring them to justice.

The people in the middle east can't use our justice system, their only option is violence.
    and thats why they are stuck in this forever rut

they think like you, like a beaten dog striving to survive.

and thats why they are stuck in this forever rut

they think like you, like a beaten dog striving to survive.
    I'd rather not have the rest of the world turn against the US due to war crimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Except you're completely wrong because of the fact that terrorists aren't innocent. They are targeting innocent people with their attacks, I wouldn't be targeting an innocent person.

Again, the only effective way to stop terrorism is to show you're not afraid, and make them fear you.
    You think they didn't know before 9/11 that their country would be destroyed? that there wouldn't be an occupation? that hundreds of thousands wouldn't die and suffer? that the US wouldn't kill them wherever they went?

they are fighting an asymmetrical war and they know very well they have to sacrifice to get results.

they sacrificed and they damn well got results. war on terror has cost the US trillions of dollars, freedoms of it's citizens, it's reputation among allies is worse then it was 15 years ago, the list goes on. On top of that there are more refugees further burdening western countries beyond the US. And them? reborn into ISIS. and the countries that were invaded, are they really worse off then they would have been otherwise considering how unstable the region is?
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-07-02 at 06:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've always said they should be flayed alive , crucified , have razor wire covered rods shoved in their asses, same with the women and children. Torture anyone who resides on towns they occupy , anyone who shelters them. Make the people in the towns so afraid to help them they gives them up

Lol terrorists would do unimaginable things to you and your family but dunking their head into water repeatedly to obtain information that could save hundreds to thousands of lifes is OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!!!!!

Hypothetical yet somewhat possible thought game:
    What if ISIS steals nukes and our only way to find them in time is to torture a terrorist.
    Would we A: Allow ISIS to nuke america killing 100 million innocent people or B: Torture one terrorist.
    If for any reason whatsoever you pick A, you are pro-torture and pro-warcrimes.

If you have laws you better follow them, if torture is banned I demand they follow that law and let 100 million Americans die in nuclear hellfire because of democrats who voted for it, because it would be what law demands.

(And No U.N Law is NOT the law of america by any means)
    Last edited by Daethz; 2016-07-02 at 07:11 AM.