Poll: Which BG should be cycled out?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb Legion Battlegounds!

I just read an article stating they are working on new battlegrounds but they might cycle old ones out.

Which BG would you want cycled out?

Which BG format would you like added in Legion?

Just remove the 2 with vehicles since they never balance or scale well. They also need to fix mines so all the short capture spots aren't on the horde side, or remove it from rated.

I would like to see a Deathmatch type BG. Like 1st team to 200kills (or w/e) wins.

Deleted
    My vote would be for Isle of Conquest. I agree that the vehicle maps are the hardest to balance as well, as Gardrenn mentioned.

away with the vehicle maps and also AV in it's current state. it's just a mockery of what it used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we cycle none out? How about we just group them up by category (Point Control, Capture the Flag, Seige, Payload) and let players queue up for what they actually want to play?

How about Holinka's clowns actually do their fucking job and produce some new battleground content of any description for the first time in three years?

Last how about we bring back a deterministic gearing system for PvP so people can chose when, how and in what order they earn their non-randomised PvP gear?

These are the questions we should be asking and discussions we should be having. Not trying to barter with fickle overlords as to which of our toys they will take away.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I would like to see a tower defense map, much like League of Legends or Heroes of the storm. I think it would be interesting to do in WoW.

But instead of 3 lanes maybe just one lane with 2 towers and an inhibitor/phoenix (think Smite) where its a little mini boss that will respawn after a set time, then the core can be an actual boss.

Could have two side points that occasionally spawn control points and if you control you get access to special perks.

Although the wow community might be too dumb to comprehend something like this.
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2016-07-02 at 02:58 PM.

I just went down the list, and to my own surprise, I found that I check all the bgs except Warsong, AB and AV. Oh well, I guess the early work was the best for me. Even today, those are the ones that I enjoy the most.

wow blizzard I just made a simple fun BG format that would be new and interesting to wow pvp.

Hire me.
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2016-07-02 at 03:53 PM.

They had a poll awhile ago, maybe they are going with the most disliked from their poll
    Be Free! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardrenn View Post
    Just remove the 2 with vehicles since they never balance or scale well. They also need to fix mines so all the short capture spots aren't on the horde side, or remove it from rated.
    This is a good start. SSM was put in to placate the Horde for their perception that AV favors Ally, but an unbalanced map has no place in Rated play, nor do the vehicle maps.

We have 11 BGs with only 8 to play in Rated. With WoW being nearly 12 years old we should have 2 or 3 times that many maps by now.

@ Funky - we don't need WoW versions of LoL or HotS maps, or a repeat of anything like Ashran with bosses. If you want that kind of thing you can play those titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers
    How about Holinka's clowns actually do their fucking job and produce some new battleground content of any description for the first time in three years?

Last how about we bring back a deterministic gearing system for PvP so people can chose when, how and in what order they earn their non-randomised PvP gear?

These are the questions we should be asking and discussions we should be having. Not trying to barter with fickle overlords as to which of our toys they will take away.

Absolutely. But they won't since it would cost them some money, time & effort to do. It's too easy to make profit by dragging out the grind on old content instead of producing new, fun, interesting content.

No one likes my idea?

- - - Updated - - -

I did alterac valley the other day and it was pure cancer. I have never seen AV so terrible than its current state. I would take away AV plus strand and isle of conquest all are terrible design.

Wish we had more people voting in this poll..

I don't like Isle of Conquest but I don't think any of the BG's should be filtered out, that's a dumb idea. I think they are lazy as fuck for not adding new bg's and I think they are stupid as fuck for running this slot machine RNG strongbox system. They call it controversial, I just call them lazy, stupid and perhaps ignorant.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

if you can't make fun new maps don't make new maps. atleast that's how i felt since wotlk. and when you have as many different types as they do they should be queueable by category.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I don't like Isle of Conquest but I don't think any of the BG's should be filtered out, that's a dumb idea. I think they are lazy as fuck for not adding new bg's and I think they are stupid as fuck for running this slot machine RNG strongbox system. They call it controversial, I just call them lazy, stupid and perhaps ignorant.
    The reaction to Isle of Conquest is a good example of why blizzard are reluctant to introduce any new formats.
    Trying something new, particularly with vehicles took players out of their comfort zone.
    Therefore it was simply "bad" in the eyes of many.
    People will call vehicles "unbalanced", when in fact they are the most balanced part due to the consistency.
    It was the players that were imbalanced, something which blizzard are now making some steps to try and address.

If they introduce something new, players will whine about it.
    If they redo an existing format they are accused of being lazy or unoriginal.
    They can't win whatever they do.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-03 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I want old AV back, but with updated textures, those 2004 trees are a real eyesore.

Same goes for Warsong and Arathi.

If it has to be a new one: a 20v20 deathmatch, we got enough bgs with objectives, yet we still do not have one where the objective is simple: kill or be killed

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The reaction to Isle of Conquest is a good example of why blizzard are reluctant to introduce any new formats.
    Trying something new, particularly with vehicles took players out of their comfort zone.
    Therefore it was simply "bad" in the eyes of many.
    People will call vehicles "unbalanced", when in fact they are the most balanced part due to the consistency.
    It was the players that were imbalanced, something which blizzard are now making some steps to try and address.

If they introduce something new, players will whine about it.
    If they redo an existing format they are accused of being lazy or unoriginal.
    They can't win whatever they do.
    I'm not sure it's really relevant to be talking about this subject in such a way 7 years after it was added. They have added a lot of new BG's since then. I think Isle of Conquest is probably the only one I don't like. Twin Peaks is my favourite.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I call them psychologically manipulative and as someone who works in an area that assists recovering gambling addicts I find this skinner box bullshit offensive.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I agree with making separate playlists for battlegrounds. Take ashran, wintergrasp, tol barad, old style av, and isle of conquest and put it all in one playlist called large scale battles. Then separate the rest based off of what type of gamemode it is along with adding more under these new playlists. I'd also be up to having southshore vs tarren mill as a permanent bg. If people could choose battlegrounds based off of playlists then people who would prefer to have objectives could pick an objective based playlist such as a CTF playlist where we have wsg, eye of the storm, and twin peaks and avoid the type of battlegrounds they dislike.