Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The test launch is a test for Aug 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    but the fact that they havnt announced it yet (the pre patch)can mean itll come later. i mean the wod pre patch was announced 5 days before release, 5 days was yesterday for this prepatch, because i dont see them announcing it like on monday or anything. or idk
    To be fair the WoD pre-patch came with "everything" including the Iron Horde incursion. The invasions aren't coming until a later date so the Legion pre-patch isn't as big of an announcement.

19th looking more unlikely. 26th or 1/2th.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I still say the 19th because...

1. Patch has always released on End of PVP Season.
    2. PTR has a release Candidate.
    3. PTR Copy has been removed.

What are your facts for not releasing on the 19th?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    I still say the 19th because...

1. Patch has always released on End of PVP Season.
    2. PTR has a release Candidate.
    3. PTR Copy has been removed.

What are your facts for not releasing on the 19th?
    No facts, just that its 4 days til' the 19th. I just feel that it should've been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    but the fact that they havnt announced it yet (the pre patch)can mean itll come later. i mean the wod pre patch was announced 5 days before release, 5 days was yesterday for this prepatch, because i dont see them announcing it like on monday or anything. or idk
    They could easily not announce it until 3 days before. They are learning from their mistakes. The playerbase took everything Blizzard announced as a promise and then later when shit was scrapped they went crazy.

So, if Blizzard announced the pre patch as the 19th and they had to push it back on sunday because they found a bug that couldnt be fixed in time or something that would cause issues for the live servers, Blizzard knows exactly what the community would do.

They can announce it whenever they want realistically. ptr also shuts down when live comes out or a little after/before, it normally doesnt shut down when pre patch comes live. Either way, 19th and 26th are both realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

It will definitely not be the 2nd or the 1st. I dont know why people even think that. Thats less than a month to get everything done and they want to stagger each event by a week, they also want to wait 2 weeks to even start the events. By the time they start the events, it would be the second week of august meaning we only have two weeks to do each event, thats not enough time.

They can announce the pre patch whenever they want, but, the 26th is still an option. So its either the 19th or the 26th.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-15 at 08:04 PM.

No facts, just that its 4 days til' the 19th. I just feel that it should've been announced.
    They don't have to announce it, would not be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    They don't have to announce it, would not be the first time.
    Alright, I hope you're right

Except blizzard almost never announces stuff like this prior to actually doing it. There is always the chance some bug pops up over the weekend that would cause them to want to hold it. Typically you won't see final notification of it going live until the maintenance notification the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Except blizzard almost never announces stuff like this prior to actually doing it. There is always the chance some bug pops up over the weekend that would cause them to want to hold it. Typically you won't see final notification of it going live until the maintenance notification the night before.
    They announced it with the WoD Pre patch but correct me if I am wrong that was the first time they did that right?

it's 100% clear at this point that they want to release it on the 19th

I would say the educated guess is 19th if they indeed already have 2 release candidate versions.

I'm pretty sure they've only announced one pre-patch earlier than the night before.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm pretty sure they've only announced one pre-patch earlier than the night before.
    WoD's prepatch was actually announced 5 days before.

Yes which was an oddity. Generally your notice pre patch is coming is seeing the release candidate stuff on PTR and the PTR character copy closing down then they give the actual word the night before. They tend to not want to tell anybody anything that is not 100% guaranteed so don't tend to announce this with much warning. That way if something ugly shows up over the weekend they can always push it a week or two because they legit never told anybody that it would come out on the 19th.

I just wish some people weren't hysterical crybabies in some situations. (a very small group) If those people didn't exist, there would be no "YOU PROMISED!!! I QUIT!!" tantrums. The rest of us are calm and stable enough that we could handle a "we may release this patch/feature/expansion on -blank-, if everything goes well" and not go nutso crazy if it doesn't come to pass.

I don't blame Blizzard one bit for keeping all information under lock and key until the very last minute.

Deleted
    19th is end of the season, PTR build is marked for release, 6 weeks til expansion sounds about right for patch. And patch will hit 20th not 19th. Wednesday is patch day for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    19th is end of the season, PTR build is marked for release, 6 weeks til expansion sounds about right for patch. And patch will hit 20th not 19th. Wednesday is patch day for WoW.
    They would release it on the 19th since thats maintenance day. No reason to have WoW down for 4-5 hours then have it down again the next day when they could just do it all in one day.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-15 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    They would release it on the 19th since thats maintenance day. No reason to have WoW down for 4-5 hours then have it down again the next day when they could just do it all in one day.
    Maintenance day depends on your region.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Maintenance day depends on your region.
    Very true, dont know why I forgot about that.

As for the actual date, though, We have all of this to look at-

1.Only pre patch announced earlier than the day before or day of release was WoDs pre patch, so its not weird if they announce Legions pre patpch the day of or the day before.

2.We now have 2 release candidates. They wouldnt be doing that now if it was for the 26th, doesnt make sense.

3.19th is the date that WoWleakz either predicted or actually knew. Hes been extremely accurate in the past, but Id take this with a grain of salt either way.

4.End of the pvp season is on the 19th, almost every pre patch in the past has started when the pvp season ended.

5.They want everyone to get used to the class changes and system changes before they actually start the events. They said they want to give us two weeks for that. If the pre patch released on the 19th that would give us until august 2nd to get used to everything. August 2nd is a perfect time for the events to start because that would give us just about 4 weeks for the events.

With all of that, the 19th seems to be the most logical date. Unless something major happens that forces them to push it back Id expect the 19th.