Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Im not sure if you're serious or being sarcastic
    Both. /10char

Deleted
    Okey goverment helps finance education specifically for stem. Companies invest their time by offering great educational intern ships and as a collective come to the schools to get involved.

I understand you can't fully invest in a worker with decent salary while he still needs to learn everything. But atleast invest your time and show interest in their education.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this even a question? Humans are neither equally capable nor equally skilled.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    So basically there should be a better match between what you learn at school and the marketplace.
    This is a problem in many countries, not just Spain.

And companies do want to train people, but they (rightfully) don't want to give you an entire education. You have to bring value when you want to work something.

Run out of workers? Horse shit.

If it's anything like the US it's because businesses only want overly experienced workers and refuse to hire the young so they only have to do the most bare minimum of training.

Every time I hear the "well we can't find anyone" I want to bitch slap someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same problem nearly everywhere, companies putting absolutely outrageous requirements for entry level positions with low wage because no company actually wants to train anyone for a position so they're looking for overqualified people who will work for next to nothing, and then they act surprised that these positions don't get filled.

Meanwhile people who would actually be decent for an entry level position with some training and experience-as-you-go-along are instantly overlooked because they don't fulfill the ridiculous requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is an issue coming up for the next few years

(at least in the US)

Most schools until college level did not have a good foundation to learn the tech field. My school for example (I graduated in 09) had a class, but it was ran by a math teacher who just gave out worksheets and never really taught. It was mostly just for kids who already had an understanding on their own. There was no way for a beginner to really learn in that setting.

This was true for many schools across the US. Sure a ton of them had computers, but they never really taught what people want from Tech industry workers.

Luckily thats changing and has changed and should be less of an issue going forward.

Deleted
    You know what the biggest problem is? It's with employers requiring a specific degree even if the person has the skill, experience and talent for it.

Got 10 years of experience on the field with recommendation from your ex-job to prove it? Sorry, you don't have <insert here degree> which proves you can do the job, your experience means nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    So basically there should be a better match between what you learn at school and the marketplace.
    This is a problem in many countries, not just Spain.

And companies do want to train people, but they (rightfully) don't want to give you an entire education. You have to bring value when you want to work something.
    Rightfully? Are you joking?

Company bitches it can't find workers

unemployed person says i'm willing to learn

Company goes abroad for workers

/hedasplode

Personally, I think Trump is a sht. But I totally agree with his ideas on economic nationalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Run out of workers? Horse shit.

If it's anything like the US it's because businesses only want overly experienced workers and refuse to hire the young so they only have to do the most bare minimum of training.

Every time I hear the "well we can't find anyone" I want to bitch slap someone.
    this too 100% agree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Ugh. This pisses me off (still reading).

It's like training an employee is some kind of fucking alien concept to these fuckers. If I ran the govt I'd fine the fuck out of them for hiring outside the country when we have such a huge unemployment issue. Jesus Fuck man.
    totally agree