Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mexican grocery stores

So I went to a mexican grocery store in Toledo, OH yesterday because a person I work with told me that they had my beef cheeks fresh. I've never actually been to a mexican grocery store before. I always heard they use strange cuts of meat but they were selling beef teets. I had no idea you could even eat those. How would one eat those? Are they good?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Beef teets? What are those?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the cow is edible, I've had tongue before, it's not bad, kind of tendony. Stay away from brain, it tastes weird and feels weird in your mouth. I figure the teets would be more like soft flesh, like pig belly, than a steak, I can't speak for taste. Try everything all I can say. Let me know what it taste like and maybe I'll pick some up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Beef teets? What are those?
    Cow titties
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting......never heard of eating them (ewww) but some must if they sell them. I would think they would be tough and rubbery...and maybe milky(?) and bland. I for one am not going to find out

Mexicans will put anything in a taco, shark fins, organ meat, anything. In the US a lot of that stuff is made into sausage.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Cow titties
    Oh, why didn't he say so.

Did the beef teets look like that?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Cow titties
    Udder is the word you guys are looking for, unless you really mean just the nipples. Not exactly something I'd seek out on my own tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So I went to a mexican grocery store in Toledo, OH yesterday because a person I work with told me that they had my beef cheeks fresh. I've never actually been to a mexican grocery store before. I always heard they use strange cuts of meat but they were selling beef teets. I had no idea you could even eat those. How would one eat those? Are they good?
    Depends on the cut.

Tounge is fantastic. I just boil the shit out of it. Slice it medium thin, then cover with a mixture of EVOO (avocado is better), raw crushed garlic, vinegar and salt/pepper.

Ox tail is the best stew meat you can get. Just replace any cut of beef in a stew or soup with Ox tail and you are set.

Beef heart is very good cooked like a steak. Just cut it so you can open the heart like a sheet. Cut into preferred slices and treat like a well done steak. Don't go rare here...

Beef teets are most likely done like chicharines. Deep fried to hell and back... Like ears as well...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

In Mexico the teets are usually made guisado (stewed) in a rich, thick red mole sauce.

I live 6 blocks from two Mexican markets and 3 from an Italian market. I visit them every weekend- today in fact. I got tamales and several other things to make dinner this week. It's cool.

Pressure cooker or stew it for many hours. If I remember, teets are actually pretty tough when cooked.

On topic of Mexican Grocers, they have the largest variety in produce selection, price is better than any chain grocer and they have a crazy deli section. The butcher is a world better than chain grocers but still nothing compared to my Asian grocer in price and selection. I usually get produce from the Mexicans, meat and fish from the Asians and cheese and such from the natural grocer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    In Mexico the teets are usually made guisado (stewed) in a rich, thick red mole sauce.

I live 6 blocks from two Mexican markets and 3 from an Italian market. I visit them every weekend- today in fact. I got tamales and several other things to make dinner this week. It's cool.
    I just came back from one. Didn't get anything special though...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Pressure cooker or stew it for many hours. If I remember, teets are actually pretty tough when cooked.

On topic of Mexican Grocers, they have the largest variety in produce selection, price is better than any chain grocer and they have a crazy deli section. The butcher is a world better than chain grocers but still nothing compared to my Asian grocer in price and selection. I usually get produce from the Mexicans, meat and fish from the Asians and cheese and such from the natural grocer.
    If you have a Russian place around, I recommend trying dairy there... But, as I would say about any Russian store, check the expiration dates vigilantly...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

They will actually sell these parts/cuts of meat at a ummm non-Mexican grocery store. Sometimes you have to ask. You can buy a whole uncooked pig at Publix its special order.

This is a weird thing?

Who the hell would eat some old dairy cow that probably died of natural causes?

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    Most of the cow is edible, I've had tongue before, it's not bad, kind of tendony. Stay away from brain, it tastes weird and feels weird in your mouth. I figure the teets would be more like soft flesh, like pig belly, than a steak, I can't speak for taste. Try everything all I can say. Let me know what it taste like and maybe I'll pick some up later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Depends on the cut.

Tounge is fantastic. I just boil the shit out of it. Slice it medium thin, then cover with a mixture of EVOO (avocado is better), raw crushed garlic, vinegar and salt/pepper.

Ox tail is the best stew meat you can get. Just replace any cut of beef in a stew or soup with Ox tail and you are set.

Beef heart is very good cooked like a steak. Just cut it so you can open the heart like a sheet. Cut into preferred slices and treat like a well done steak. Don't go rare here...

Beef teets are most likely done like chicharines. Deep fried to hell and back... Like ears as well...
    See I've heard of eating all of those cuts. I just had no idea you could actually eat the udders. Maybe that will be an experiment for me at some point. I like trying new things.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

A friend of mine likes to shop at Mexican grocery stores, but I've never been impressed with the quality of meat.

If you like Coke with real sugar, Mexican pastries, candies coated in lime and chili powder then Mexican grocery stores are a good place to go.

Lot of Mexican groceries they fry carne asada, I think it's flank steak? On certain days like Wednesday. Then you can buy some flour tortillas, some salsa and Jalisco cheese and make these

Must be getting close to lunch...

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I told you to go to one of these grocery stores in your beef cheek thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy I'm so craving for Mexican food now....

10+ Year Old Account
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.