Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.

Indian doctors grow new nose on boy's forehead

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-36710952

Doctors in India have replaced a 12-year-old boy's damaged nose with a new one which was grown on his forehead.
    Arun Patel's nose was badly damaged and disfigured when he suffered from pneumonia as a baby.
    The infection damaged the cartilage of his nose, making it difficult for doctors to fix it.
    A similar operation was carried out in China in 2013 where a man who had damaged his nose in a traffic accident was given a new one.
    Arun's parents took him to a doctor in their village in the central state of Madhya Pradesh when he suffered from pneumonia soon after his birth.
    But the treatment made his condition worse and he lost his nose due to extensive tissue damage.
    More than a decade later, a team of doctors in Indore city decided to conduct a rare four-phased plastic surgery to give Arun a new nose.

Dr Ashwini Dash, who led the surgical team, told BBC Hindi's S Niazi that he was "confident that the new nose would work properly like his other organs".
    He added that the entire operation took about a year to finish.
    In the first phase, a silicon "tissue expander" was put on his forehead to make space to grow a new nose. Then a special chemical was injected to make the tissues expand.
    The second phase involved taking cartilage from his chest to create a new nose, which grew on his forehead over three months.
    The doctors removed the artificial nose in the third phase and implanted it on his face. The final phase involved repairing his forehead.
    Ok I don't know about you guys, but I think this is just fucking awesome. I mean hats off to these doctors and medical science. Growing your own parts back on your own body using your own body?? I know there's a lot of bad news out there with political bullshit and terrorism and whatever, but it's nice to take a minute to give a little golf clap for humanity once in a while.

Total Recall 3 boob women are totally in play now btw just saying.

Is it going to grow with him? Otherwise he's going to have a tiny nose when he's an adult.

It is possible they may have to repeat it, as he outgrows the nose if it doesn't.
    That isn't uncommon already with other replacements.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it says so but will it really work like an actual nose or is it just cosmetic? Either way that's awesome but would be even cooler if it worked well