Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

So i tried retri on ptr and fu***** sucks

I have been playing since tbc and this retri sucks, it is so bad that i won't be touching this class in legion.
    Retri paladin was so awesome in wod, best version of all expansions.
    Everything worked cool, it was fun to play,
    Combat animation looked cool, gameplay was nice, why did you went with it to the toilet completely.
    I wanted something new but this sucks balls.
    My few cents.

I still like ret but not as much as I liked it for wod and mop. The main thing I hate about it is having to change 3 or 4 talents for aoe attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The general feel of the spec is the same, but it's been dumbed down, less mobility, no more divine storm proc, less range etc...

I'll still be playing ret. But boy does it suck now. I'll miss 5.4's 40% haste 4-set version of the spec though. That was my favourite iteration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The general feel of the spec is the same, but it's been dumbed down, less mobility, no more divine storm proc, less range etc...

I'll still be playing ret. But boy does it suck now. I'll miss 5.4's 40% haste 4-set version of the spec though. That was my favourite iteration.
    What i loved about ret was it was semi melee/range spec with awesome procs.

Plus i do not like templar verdict/ blade of justice animations.

So for me it sucks.

You should try it at 110. Its actually quite good.
    Idk what the hate is for this spec, but every Ret I play with in dungeons especially are doing very nice aoe and burst on bosses.
    In raids they are strong. Maybe a bit weak on single target, but they bring some very cool utility.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Welp, atleast we get an ashbringer. That'll cover the fact that ret is nerfed and downed af. :I

EDIT: Sorry, bad joke I made there. Go to beta, or see a ret dude as lvl 110 on beta, and then you'll see that they're actually not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You should try it at 110. Its actually quite good.
    Idk what the hate is for this spec, but every Ret I play with in dungeons especially are doing very nice aoe and burst on bosses.
    In raids they are strong. Maybe a bit weak on single target, but they bring some very cool utility.
    Define that said utility because most of what you said is...well not true.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Define that said utility because most of what you said is...well not true.
    How can it be not true if he's saying his opinion? That's like saying Gorge.W.Bush did 911 only for someone to say that it's not true or something like that. It's opinion, not fact. You don't need to use common sense for an opinion, it can be the worst opinion ever, and you'll still not want to argue or judge BECAUSE it's that persons opinion. :I Sorry if I'm sounding like a guy who acts over dramatic to stuff, i'm not that guy. I'm just a dude trying to spread reality and truth to people, while spreading positivity to other.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2016-07-04 at 05:34 PM.

Yup, same as WoD.

A fucking dice roll dps class.

Got absolutely nothing new or any changes.
    Huge disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I'm just a dude trying to spread reality and truth to people, while spreading positivity to other.
    This kind of statement is a really good way to make everyone hate you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Yup, same as WoD.

A fucking dice roll dps class.

Got absolutely nothing new or any changes.
    Huge disappointment.
    Except that WoD at least for me was better in class design(Paladins anyways).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this meme... Expresses my opinion on this the best.

Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-07-04 at 05:52 PM.

I tried it on the PTR several times and was bragging to my friends about how awesome it is and how it feels better than it ever has.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    This kind of statement is a really good way to make everyone hate you.
    What did I say? I was just being nice. :/ So I guess everyone hates you for being nice?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except that WoD at least for me was better in class design(Paladins anyways).
    How do you mean? Ret from WoD>Legian are identical? No changes? They even built dice roll set bonus into the class, to make it stay the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    How do you mean? Ret from WoD>Legian are identical? No changes? They even built dice roll set bonus into the class, to make it stay the same?
    I mean it's better designed, the specific changes that they did, really messed it up.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    What did I say? I was just being nice. :/ So I guess everyone hates you for being nice?
    Essentially yes.

Welcome to the internet.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I tried it on the PTR several times and was bragging to my friends about how awesome it is and how it feels better than it ever has.
    agreed, anyone whos complaining that is "sucks" is either looking at pure numbers ( typically against broken specs like enh and assassination rogues as examples, while also themselves who cannot play the spec for their life) and saying it sucks. They then rebuttle with stupid arguments like downtime (which we have just as much if not less than live downtime according to simcraft and personally i dont see anything at level 110 either) or how we are balanced around people dying in fights to do damage (just a bonus not our balance) or how we need a crutch like GBoMs on 3 people to do any damage (again , we are not balanced around 3. 1-2 maybe but not 3 as stated by blizzard themselves. and this damage is not even a large sum of our damage anyhow)

what people are REALLY complaining about is how we lost tools in our kit that were problematic for our balance. things like all ranged damage as a melee spec, high uptime high boost of speed increase, or our gimmicks of always having cooldowns up(which meant out dps without them was shit)

all this complaining can result in knee jerk changes which could destroy the spec. The last time something like this happened was in cata and they changed everything a month before launch without any tests.... we all know how cata ret turned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to miss having an execute,

Deleted
    Sounds like the early Cata paladin and the dickery with mastery.

The concept was utterly retarded. Everyone with even half a brain could see it was utterly retarded. But not Blizz devs, no. It got improved a bit but only after several months when the devs could no longer come up with excuses to their absolute worthlessness in face of all the evidence.