Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts on him. As a character I'm very much a "Cena Sucks" person, but as a person with the shit he does it's "Let's Go Cena".
    I dislike him as a person as well, based on what I have heard regarding his infidelities, getting people fired, his backstage antics, etc.

If I had to guess I would say hes a completely different person when the cameras are rolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I dislike him as a person as well, based on what I have heard regarding his infidelities, getting people fired, his backstage antics, etc.

If I had to guess I would say hes a completely different person when the cameras are rolling.
    Maybe, I don't overly follow it/him. You see what they want you to see, but from what they want me to see /shrug

10+ Year Old Account

Cena is not the booker and I have heard nothing of his backstage antics. If anything, everyone from AJ Styles to Damien Sandow has nothing but good things to say. No one works harder than Cena, is pretty much agreed on by his peers.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Cena is not the booker and I have heard nothing of his backstage antics. If anything, everyone from AJ Styles to Damien Sandow has nothing but good things to say. No one works harder than Cena, is pretty much agreed on by his peers.
    Anyone still with the company is not going to bad mouth the guy with the most backstage pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The difference is back then immigrants wanted to come to America and BE Americans. Now they just want to be Mexican, Chinese, Indian, etc, while living in America and reaping the benefits. They dont want to BE American
    Really man? You are claiming that prior generations of American immigrants just shed all of their prior culture at the door? Give. Me. A. Break.

- - - Updated - - -

This might be the most random post in a thread I have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone still with the company is not going to bad mouth the guy with the most backstage pull.
    It's why I specifically included Damien Sandow...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    As usual, he gets it all wrong. As much as I hate John Cena as a wrestler, I never thought he was a SJW until now.

He wants to celebrate most of whats wrong with this country by promoting division instead of unity. Im sorry John, but if you arent waking up every morning and saying the Pledge of Allegiance (with or without Under God in it), displaying flags at your home, listening to some John Phillips Souza, making hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, shooting off fireworks, and sitting around the TV with your friends and family watching the Nathans Hot Dog Eating contest, you arent Patriotic at all!

Instead of bringing their own culture, all these groups of people need to assimilate to American culture. Then and only then can they be patriots. Burn the flags of their previous country instead of waving them!!
    The irony is, you don't seem assimilated to American culture (culture of diversity) at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It's why I specifically included Damien Sandow...
    With the brand split coming I doubt Sandow is going to say anything negative. WWE is looking for people, Cody Rhodes was contacted and he asked for his release around the same time Sandow was let go. Why would Sandow burn bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The irony is, you don't seem assimilated to American culture (culture of diversity) at all.
    If you want to get technical, America is a culture of diversity... where all the different cultures have their own territories and only passingly intermingle.

Trying to blend them into one identity-deprived blob is a shallow, scheming marketing tactic.

As usual, he gets it all wrong. As much as I hate John Cena as a wrestler, I never thought he was a SJW until now.
    Since when does saying "Love thy neighbor" make someone a SJW? You are stretching that term so far that Jesus Christ is going to be a SJW soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like a diversity speech as long as it is by a cis white man!
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-05 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    If you want to get technical, America is a culture of diversity... where all the different cultures have their own territories and only passingly intermingle.

Trying to blend them into one identity-deprived blob is a shallow, scheming marketing tactic.
    It is a good basis for populist rhetoric though!

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Since when does saying "Love thy neighbor" make someone a SJW? You are stretching that term so far that Jesus Christ is going to be a SJW soon.
    Already happened!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3m5...ature=youtu.be
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is a good basis for populist rhetoric though!
    Latinos are proof that the melting pot is real though.

Sure our country has a shit ton of problems, but there are worse places to live out there. What I love about this country is how accepting it's people are to foreigners who come over legally and want to love this country. We generally open our arms up. I go to college and find people of all races and walks of life. African americans, hispanics, asians, middle easterns. What I can't stand is countries that are mean to us just because we're american. Ignorant or not about the rest of the world. You gotta respect our openess to legal foreign travelers.

fyi: What other countries besides us have a high diversity rate in it's people? I know Canada is but that's right above us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    fyi: What other countries besides us have a high diversity rate in it's people? I know Canada is but that's right above us.
    The only country more racially diverse would be Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The only country more racially diverse would be Brazil.
    probably not the best place to visit given the recent events around the olympics ivde been hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Latinos are proof that the melting pot is real though.
    Of course melting pot is real. What I find wrong is the assumption that either you have melted in that pot, or you haven't even stepped in it and, hence, haven't assimilated. There are many in-betweens. And the pot itself is much more complex than people like Orlong imply.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand the thousands upon thousands who have such a hard time with this concept. I've always said it: world peace is fantastically easy. All you have to do is not hate people.

But no.

We get hateful cunts who do harm, whether physical or not, to other people over the very things John Cena was talking about: different cultures and races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    No, America wouldn't exist without colonists.

Colonists are people who settle in a land without law or government. Immigrants are people who immigrate to a foreign country. America was not a country when it was colonized; it was a relatively untouched natural land that happened to include native tribesmen (who, again, were not a country.)
    I think he's refering to the period after the colonial days when the immigrants came in massive waves in the 1840s. My family traces its roots back to German/Dutch/Danish and French immigrants who came in around the 1840s and settled somewhere in the mid west (where most of my family is now from.) Thus, I did not arrive via colonial settlers, but by immigration. Granted, this is 6-7 generations back.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I just don't understand the thousands upon thousands who have such a hard time with this concept. I've always said it: world peace is fantastically easy. All you have to do is not hate people.

But no.

We get hateful cunts who do harm, whether physical or not, to other people over the very things John Cena was talking about: different cultures and races.
    The problem with this is, even one hateful and persuasive person has a potential to have a whole nation join them in hate. And out of millions people, there will always be that one, gaining followers and spreading influence.

Love is easy. But... The temptation of the Dark Side is strong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

But no.

Only a tiny percent of crime is race related. Most violence is over money, power, and drugs that have almost nothing to do with these demographic and identity categories.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-05 at 06:37 PM.