Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Yeah, sad story. Guess what shit happens in life, and you are going to have to accept it and get comfortable with it. Expecting perfection from our leaders is just nonsensical. After all they are human beings just like us.
    So basically, no consequences for fucking up? Even when it's serious shit that can result?
    Putin khuliyo

An official can't be made responsible to not understand how secure communication protocols work. There should be people around them to not allow this kind of shit. For example, in my company we can't use Skype. Even if I try to use it, it won't work. Imagine the company security would depend on whether or not 50.000 people understand that using Skype is not allowed...

So unless Hillary didn't install the server herself or she didn't FORCE someone to provide it to her after being explained the consequences, she's not to be sent to prison for 1 billion years for this shit that actually did not have any nasty result fortunately. It looks more like the security training the people get there is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So basically, no consequences for fucking up? Even when it's serious shit that can result?
    nanook12 is one of those posters so I wouldn't bother.

Oh hey, we built this bridge, and it fell and killed hundreds, but it was an accident guys! You can't expect us to be perfect every time!

7+ Year Old Account
    If you do your job correctly 98% of the time, then 2% fuck up time is permissible in my eyes.

I can't believe we had to waste millions on a federal investigation just to prove that 68 year old lady's sometimes make careless email mistakes.
    I got a good chuckle out of this. I like how you equate creating your own private email server farm, which you use to send top secret national security information, to a random grandmother having trouble with her yahoo account.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    nanook12 is one of those posters so I wouldn't bother.
    Yeah, one of those posters that does not join in the circle jerk with all the others.

Yeah, one of those posters that does not join in the circle jerk with all the others.
    No you are more like Orlong or Vyxn or Espe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Oh hey, we built this bridge, and it fell and killed hundreds, but it was an accident guys! You can't expect us to be perfect every time!
    Yep, shit happens sometimes and that is just life. You are never ever going to eliminate random error no matter how hard you try, so you may as well get used to it.

- - - Updated - - -

No you are more like Orlong or Vyxn or Espe.
    I know none of those, but thanks for the useless information.

Yep, shit happens sometimes and that is just life. You are never ever going to eliminate random error no matter how hard you try, so you may as well get used to it.
    I like how you ignored my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Are you telling me that you aren't in the slightest bit concerned that Trump will be receiving the same briefings?
    Probably more concerned about Trump. For the record, I don't like either candidate and haven't decided if I should vote for either of them or just throw my vote away on a 3rd party candidate. /shrug only a few months left, I'll have to decide sometime.

I know none of those, but thanks for the useless information.
    One is a character that just says random and somewhat outrageous things, one is a hardcore conservative and the other is a hardcore liberal. All three are like talking to brick walls.

Heh, "random", heh.

7+ Year Old Account
    One is a character that just says random and somewhat outrageous things, one is a hardcore conservative and the other is a hardcore liberal. All three are like talking to brick walls.
    Good, at least they are rooted in their beliefs firmly. That shows grit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelgair View Post
    Heh, "random", heh.
    Humans being have random error innately built into their nature. We are not robots, and even robots still make mistakes over time due to malfunction. I am sorry that you cannot accept that randomness and error are fundamental components of the natural world.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do your job correctly 98% of the time, then 2% fuck up time is permissible in my eyes.
    Not when that 2% can kill people.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Not when that 2% can kill people.
    It is still going to happen bud. Rather you like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when it does, there are consequences.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    And when it does, there are consequences.
    Go ahead and force all the consequences you want to it still wont stop later events from unfolding the same way. You are never going to completely get rid of human error no matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    If you didn't listen to his statement, you shouldn't comment.

He raked her over the coals for 15 minutes.

What we learned from the FBI. He basically proved her public statements to be false, ie lies. However, that's not a crime since those were not statements she made to the FBI, just to the public. She had 110 emails marked classified at the time she sent/received them. She told us no emails were marked classified at the time. 8 of those emails were marked top-secret.

It sounds like, based on his comments, that she was not intentional in her incompetence, and that past investigations similar to this could not merit her being charged criminally. He also stated that even without criminal charges, this does not mean she is reprieved from consequences of her actions. Similar situations in the past have removed past defendants clearance to dealing with sensitive data. That brings a question to my mind... what if they deem her not competent to work with sensitive information? Does this affect her ability to become president of the USA?
    Your last statement: It's the president who determines ultimately if some things are classified or not, so I'd imagine that would be a bit of a hindrance.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

You're the naive one if you think accidents just happen for no reason. If a bridge fell there would be an investigation, and they would find someone, somewhere along the line didn't do their job properly. This isn't an "oops" I spilled the milk type deal. These are supposed professionals. If they aren't professionals then they shouldn't be in that position in the first place.