Final phase of Archimonde compared to other final xpac bosses'

I've killed archi numerous times on this toon and others, and yet during every kill whether it be pug, guild progression, or a guild farm, the final phase of Archimonde is ALWAYS sloppy or some kind of crapshoot where everyone rushes to kill the boss because there's just too much junk going on to do anything else. Now I'm obviously expecting the "git gud" comments, but I've raided final expansion bosses in the past whose final stages were not nearly as messy or disorganized as archi's is. Final phase of lich king is a really climactic battle until he kills you which signals the end of the fight. Illidan's is similar, and I really enjoyed Deathwing's final bit where he digs his face into the platform as a final last ditch attempt to stop us. I've had so many archi fights that were elegantly organized, doing all mechanics in all previous phases, while the final phase is usually lightly rushed through and cheesed just to finish up the boss. It doesn't feel like a struggle and final push to end this monster, like it has felt previously. Does anyone else share this sentiment, or am I perhaps reading too much into this?

7+ Year Old Account
    the final phase of garrosh was probebly the most messy ,with just how much shit was going on, if anything archimonde is one of the less messy final phases...

final phase of deathwing was insane with you having to rush him down, meanwhile kill the adds, keeping ahead of the adds but also killing the boss

the final phase for lich king was extreamly messy, as it was the panic of STAY OUTTA DEFILE, BLOCK THE ADDS, KILL THE BOSS ,CARFUL, DONT MESS UP

the final phase for kiljaden was insane for all sorts

final phase for kelthuzad was just plain madness

all final bosses have felt like a struggle, and have allways felt a "final push" with archimonde the final phase eventually becomes FUCK ADDS KILL THE BOSS PUSH PUSH PUSH, SACRIFICE GROUP GO (for normal/heroic) but yeah, the final bosses have allways had this sorta, final push awesome last phase

also... nice spongebob avatar e.o?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

That's possible, I might be reading too much into it, or maybe I'm less invested in this expansion so it seems less intense to me.

Deleted
    Well as you obviously talking 'bout heroic, it's true.

But heroic isn't really the final phase bcuz it's "just" heroic and not the final difficulty. Mythic is kinda cool.

The problem is that those "climatic" moments and feels only come with "real" progress. Bcuz those bosses don't really shine if you just farm them in heroic or kill prior expansion bosses solo. Lich King isn't a exception because its just a cinematic more or less.

Mythic Archimonde was really intense in progress without much legendary rings and stuff, and kinda well sorted.

7+ Year Old Account
    I LOVED the final phase of Garrosh. Never got to experience it when it was current on heroic (mythic), only normal (now heroic) but the hardmode only phase looks even more epic. What a great fight that was. Archimonde is dung compared to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    I LOVED the final phase of Garrosh. Never got to experience it when it was current on heroic (mythic), only normal (now heroic) but the hardmode only phase looks even more epic. What a great fight that was. Archimonde is dung compared to it.
    Garrosh was a great fight. It was probably more punishing than Archimonde on mythic but it had so much character. It's basically one pissed off orc getting more batshit insane as it carries on and when you're progressing it every tiny milestone feels like a victory.

It also spawned probably the saddest / funniest wow vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu6RHB0ka9A

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    For one I believe that Garrosh Heroic (and then Mythic) was actually harder/more messy than Archi in general including the final phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Xpac bosses tend to be a let down bar Lich King, which was supppppppppperrrrrrrrrrr.